Roku + Netflix = worth it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Are there any devices other than the PS3 that support the 5.1 audio?
take a look at WD TV Live Plus. A lot of people, myself included, are pretty happy with it. Main complaint so far is it's buggy with multi- audio track MP4s.

Annoyingly, the Netflix UI was recently dumbed down (a la PS3 I think).

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
take a look at WD TV Live Plus. A lot of people, myself included, are pretty happy with it. Main complaint so far is it's buggy with multi- audio track MP4s.

Annoyingly, the Netflix UI was recently dumbed down (a la PS3 I think).

Yeah, someone mentioned that in another Roku thread. So why is it that the Roku gets far more buzz than the WD TV Live Plus? I've been living out of the US for years now so I haven't followed the developments of these streaming boxes.

PieIsAwesome

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2007
I got my parents one and they love it. Simple and straightforward to use. I also use the same Netflix account on my PC and 360, and I use it a lot. Thumbs up to both the Roku player and Netflix.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I just got the Roku2 HD about 10 days ago. I have a blu-ray player that does Netflix streaming but I wanted specifically Amazon Prime Instant Video. I went ahead and got the Roku at Best Buy for $99 and it has worked great. The interface is easy, it got on my wifi network with WPA with no issues. I am thinking about getting a second one for my TV upstairs. Does exactly what I need it to do and only set me back $99.