ROFL!! Can Iraq get any more silly?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
they also can be picky about the pens, they want USA made pens the most, you give it to them and they look at it first thing to see were it was made, I found that they don't care much for penncils, just pens

they always want more for there kids and family members

now you get a picture of how poor these people are

mister mister, pen mister, mister I need pen, they also love your empty plastic water jugs

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Next thing you know Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf is gonna proclaim a ban on vibrators, wouldn't want any of their buildings falling apart.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
LOL

yeah..this is for real...as is everythign on american news.

DO you people honestly watch CNN, Fox "NEWS", MSNBC, BBC, and believe any of that crap?

well if you do...i'm sorry you're so naive.

btw, i wonder what percentage of these channel's viewers are pro-war? ANd i wonder why the foreign audiences
haven't been so convinced to take down Iraq's evil regime, while not being exposed to the
crap we have....

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MachFive
Originally posted by: HappyGamer2
they don't use vibrators, most iraq women can't have a orgasm anyhow

Could you elaborate?

He may be talking about female genital mutilation.

I don't belive it is widespread in Iraq but haven't checked.

Pers
Do you have a news source you would like to recomend that is fair and unbiased in its reporting?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Pers
LOL

yeah..this is for real...as is everythign on american news.

DO you people honestly watch CNN, Fox "NEWS", MSNBC, BBC, and believe any of that crap?

well if you do...i'm sorry you're so naive.

btw, i wonder what percentage of these channel's viewers are pro-war? ANd i wonder why the foreign audiences
haven't been so convinced to take down Iraq's evil regime, while not being exposed to the
crap we have....

Since you are soooooo "informed" what do you watch/read/listen to?
rolleye.gif
:confused:
CkG

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
read some reports from Robert Fisk, Edward Said, etc.

British reporters and whatnot....

stay away from mainstream (highly controlled) media sources :)

read accounts from America's brightest (our professors?) -- they have the knowledge of history- coupled with political knowledge to hopefully/maybe

open your eyes?

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
LeRocks, I am no troll
they have no Labia (spelling?), it has been removed
guys(well women too) I have had sex with plenty of women from the middle east and northern africa, every one was circumzied
about 30 percent of muslem women born and living in the USA have had it done to them

Edit, It is possible that they don't do this in Iraq, but I would bet money they do sometimes

HappyGamer2

Banned
Jun 12, 2000
LOL, :) now somebody gave me a bad rating vote, just becuase I tell it the way it is.
sorry I ain't changing

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyGamer2
LOL, :) now somebody gave me a bad rating vote, just becuase I tell it the way it is.
sorry I ain't changing

i didn't read your initial post, but what's your point?

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
read accounts from America's brightest (our professors?) -- they have the knowledge of history- coupled with political knowledge to hopefully/maybe

open your eyes?

Heh, for a second there I thought you were almost serious---until I saw that quote, then I realized that you must have been joking.

America's brightest? LOL, those that can't, teach.

What "accounts" from these so-called "brightest" that America has to offer are first hand? LOL, your professors sure have you eating out of their hands........

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: gplanet
From CNN.com:

The Iraqi Information Minister claims that U.S. soldiers are distributing pens and pencils to the townspeople, but that they are boobytrapped to kill the children. LOL..

This is the same government that wanted a one on one, no holds bar fight in some sort of arena with Saddam and Bush.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
You know what the sad thing is though? That a lot of the people in the middle east will believe this crap... just as they believed that on 9/11, no Jew showed up for work in the two towers, and that it was done by the Israelis.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
yeah...my non-existent professors have me eating out of their hands -- that's it

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
heh heh...from BBC:

[All times GMT and approximate]

Thursday, 3 April

1138: Iraqi Information Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf dismisses as "silly" reports that US troops are near Baghdad.

Reminds of this dialogue from The Holy Grail:

"I'm invincible!"
"You're a loony!"

;)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pers
yeah...my non-existent professors have me eating out of their hands -- that's it

What non-existent professors? What school do you go to and how many of them are not in class.

Put up or shut up, your choice Pers.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Yeah, the Ministry of "Disinformation" minister should audtion for Monty Python or something.

How come I have a feeling that he will be doing one of his propaganda conferences and Navy Seals or Army Rangers will kick down the door. "We're here!!"...........;)

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Pers,
you are on crack if you think the American media has a pro-war bias.

With the exception of Fox, the other network news stations have a blatantly liberal anti-war bias. They have been the ones blowing every casualty and setback way out of proportion. They are the ones who have been spewing this nonsense about us having underestimated the Iraqi resistance. They are the ones who have been giving the impression that things are not going well. They are the ones who call an incident in which hundreds of Iraqi soldiers are killed with no coalition casualties "fierce resistance".

Peter Arnett went to an extreme in his ridiculous statements, but most of the american networks have been doing the same thing to a lesser extent.

There's a reason CNN was still allowed in Baghdad when stations like FOX were kicked out.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
Does anyone else remember the propaganda crap that came out of Iraq during the First Gulf War? IIRC, Saddam kept saying he was winning, right up until the end. Afterwards, he said it was a great victory for Iraq.