Rock Band Blitz

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Harmonix has announced Rock Band Blitz, and new downloadable title coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN this summer. This is a controller-based game, not an instrument based one, but it's compatible with existing Rock Band DLC. More importantly, the tracks that come with Blitz can be played in Rock Band 3. I don't know if I care about this game, but getting Jessie's Girl and Metal Health in RB3 makes me say "Oh hell yes!" You can see a gameplay video by following the above link.

Rock Band Blitz Announced!

HARMONIX BRINGS INSTRUMENT-FREE ARCADE FUN TO XBOX LIVE® ARCADE AND PLAYSTATION®NETWORK THIS SUMMER WITH ROCK BAND BLITZ!

Cambridge, Mass. – April 4th, 2012 – Harmonix is excited to announce Rock Band™ Blitz, an all-new downloadable title for Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network that brings the excitement of a full band experience into your hand! Designed for use with a standard controller, Rock Band Blitz is beat-match gameplay evolved… no instrument peripherals required!

Rock Band Blitz is a new way to experience your favorite Rock Band songs, with fast-paced, multi-track arcade gameplay that encourages you to compete against your friends for the highest scores. Use insane power-ups like the note-obliterating Bottle Rocket or the Pinball strategically to boost your scores and top the leaderboards!

Rock Band Blitz features over 20 tracks new to the Rock Band franchise, including Blink-182’s “Always,” Foster the People’s “Pumped Up Kicks,” Quiet Riot’s “Metal Health (Bang Your Head),” and Rick Springfield’s “Jessie’s Girl.” Rock Band Blitz is also compatible with most of your existing Rock Band music library, including all content from the Rock Band Music Store, as well as tracks exported from Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and more. As a bonus, all of the tracks that come with Rock Band Blitz are immediately playable in Rock Band 3 at no extra charge, so you can get the band back together and play Rock Band Blitz’s 20-plus new tracks in Harmonix’s award-winning full-band game!

"We're excited to give Rock Band fans a new way to play their existing Rock Band library,” said Harmonix CEO and co-founder Alex Rigopulos. “With over 3,500 songs at their disposal and addictive multi-track gameplay, Rock Band Blitz is going to be a great way to compete with your friends later this summer!"

Harmonix will be bringing Rock Band Blitz to Penny Arcade Expo in Boston, MA this week – April 6 through April 8 – for its first public playable appearance. Fans can stop by booth #642 to check out Rock Band Blitz on one of six kiosks and get their first taste of the game’s frantic, instrument-free arcade action!

Rock Band Blitz is scheduled for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation®Network this summer. For the latest assets, including screenshots and the game logo, please visit http://www.rockband.com/blitz/press.

Website Links:
For more information, please visit:

http://blitz.rockband.com

Full Set List:

The All-American Rejects – Kids in the Street
Avenged Sevenfold – So Far Away
Barenaked Ladies – One Week [Wii DLC]
Blink-182 - Always
Collective Soul – Shine
Elton John – I’m Still Standing
Fall Out Boy – A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’
Foo Fighters - These Days [Wii DLC]
Foster the People - Pumped Up Kicks
Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – We Are Young
Great White – Once Bitten Twice Shy
Iron Maiden – The Wicker Man
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Kool & The Gang – Jungle Boogie
Living Colour – Cult of Personality
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
My Chemical Romance – Sing
P!nk – Raise Your Glass
Queen - Death on Two Legs [Wii DLC]
Quiet Riot - Metal Health (Bang Your Head)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
Shinedown – Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)
Soundgarden - Spoonman
Tears for Fears – Shout

Last edited:

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
More tracks announced!

I'm just going to link the known setlist so far here - 15/25 tracks.

Originally Announced

Blink-182 - Always

Newly Announced

Barenaked Ladies – One Week
Collective Soul – Shine
P!nk – Raise Your Glass
Tears for Fears – Shout

I am loving this setlist, and there are still 10 tracks to go!

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I hope by PSN that may include a Vita version as well. This would be a good one IMO for a portable.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Price on this? I'd happily pay $30 or so just to get those tracks into RB3.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Price on this? I'd happily pay $30 or so just to get those tracks into RB3.

There's no announced price yet, but it's an XBLA/PSN game and there's no additional fee to use the tracks in RB3, so I'd say the max cost will be $20. I'm buying this day 1 just based on the 15 tracks so far.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Release date, pricing, and 4 more songs announced

Rock Band Blitz is coming on 8/28 for $15! Four new songs announced:

Avenged Sevenfold – So Far Away
Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – We Are Young
Kool & The Gang – Jungle Boogie
My Chemical Romance – Sing

Previously Announced

Barenaked Ladies – One Week
Blink-182 - Always
Collective Soul – Shine
P!nk – Raise Your Glass
Tears for Fears – Shout

I really thought this was going to be $20. At the $15 price, it's a great deal for just the pack of RB3 songs, not to mention the game.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
So, the latest 4 songs announced seem to have confirmed a previous leak that I didn't think was credible, so I hadn't posted it. Given this new info, the below songs are likely the last 6 songs in RBB, but keep in mind they are not official:

Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
Foo Fighters - These Days
Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
Queen - Death on Two Legs
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Soundgarden - Spoonman

Do those last two songs look familiar? It's because Give It Away and Spoonman were on-disc songs in RB2 that wouldn't export - probably because of some exclusivity agreement that existed with Guitar Hero at the time. That agreement is expired and those two songs are being returned to the game via Blitz (assuming this leak is true).

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Just a reminder that Blitz is out now! While I bought it mostly for the Rock Band 3 song pack, the game itself is fairly fun.

Bman123

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2008
I downloaded the demo I'm gonna give it a try, being able to play with a controller seems cool