Roads closed Near AirPort

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
As I am coming home, We see 2 cops blocking 595 moving very slowly. Then we go in a lane that merges with 595 which we need to go on to get to I-95.So that lane blocked by a cop that is not moving so we go off to the side and then go On I-95 1 exit behind. any ways then we pass the West 595 exit which goes to the airport and were all the gas company's got there big tanks and distributing plant. We now see the airport in site and there is no air traffic at all. The traffic going north on I-95 is blocked.In the air port I did see two 4 propeller army planes C1B I don't know. but my lane going south was fine. Also I get called every day at 3 for traffic reports which FHP gives out. and it says there was no problems when they were blocking the roads.Hmm

Airport: Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Sukhoi
VIP such as Bush or Cheney at the airport.

yup I just found out that bush is here and so they block everything so that he can have a traffic free ride and safety

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Go watch his motorcade. It's just ridiculous. A small army wouldn't be able to get near him.

Here is what I can recall being in his motorcade when I saw him going to the Cincinnati airport, in this order:

10 police motorcycles
Police car or two
2 Presidential limos
4 black Suburbans
~10 white GM cargo vans
~15 police cars

And there were more cops than I've ever seen in my life closing off the roads in the area, plus a couple helos flying racetrack patterns above.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Needs better title....

Suggestions:

1) Include WHICH airport you are referring to
2) Use proper English "Roads closed 2 miles of airport" is not a sentence, and makes no sense.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Go watch his motorcade. It's just ridiculous. A small army wouldn't be able to get near him.

Here is what I can recall being in his motorcade when I saw him going to the Cincinnati airport, in this order:

10 police motorcycles
Police car or two
2 Presidential limos
4 black Suburbans
~10 white GM cargo vans
~15 police cars

And there were more cops than I've ever seen in my life closing off the roads in the area, plus a couple helos flying racetrack patterns above.
Come on, its not a Bush thing, I have seen Presidential motorcades hundreds of times over the past 25 years, its just the way they do it.

Horus

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2003

10 police motorcycles
Police car or two
2 Presidential limos
4 black Suburbans
~10 white GM cargo vans
~15 police cars

Wow. Canada's prime minister had 4 bikes, 1 limo and a backup car I think.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
I saw Clinton drive through Cleveland sometime during his terms and I don't recall his motorcade being anywhere close to that large. It was on the interstate and they didn't even have that side shut down. The cops just kept a buffer around his convoy. Now the damn half of the city the President is in is shut down.

Oct 20, 2005
Originally posted by: akshatp
Needs better title....

Suggestions:

1) Include WHICH airport you are referring to
2) Use proper English "Roads closed 2 miles of airport" is not a sentence, and makes no sense.

LOL.

Sometimes I wonder how people come up with their titles. I guess most don't proof read what they are typing and probably what they think and what they are actually typing aren't the same.