RNC Convention Day 2 discussion

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
Christ, Romney and Guiliani were terrible. These guys are social liberals through and through yet the GOP wants to win evangelicals...how?

I tuned in too late, missed Christ. :(

I thought he wore his religion on his sleeve a bit too much. And that halo? How about a little humility, Jesus.

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: sammyunltd
I am going to throw up. Seriously, the CNN dudes saying the speech was macho and heroic.

he is their right wing dude. He had that written and rehearsed far before she spoke.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I am going to throw up. Seriously, the CNN dudes saying the speech was macho and heroic.

Try living without being partisan, it could be refreshing.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi

You may enjoy a look in that mirror as well....

sammyunltd

Jul 31, 2004
I'm no Democrat nor Republican. I just happen to choose the better candidate/combination and clearly, the Palin/McCain team isn't right for this country right now. The speech was nothing special at all. She was OK but she did not light up the arena, not like Bill or Obama did in Denver.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
I think that she delivered a well written speech, however I dont think that she can do this outside of the republican vaccum.

The content of her speech was more of the same.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I'm no Democrat nor Republican. I just happen to choose the better candidate/combination and clearly, the Palin/McCain team isn't right for this country right now. The speech was nothing special at all. She was OK but she did not light up the arena, not like Bill or Obama did in Denver.

(Godwin's Law) Hitler did!

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: bctbct
I think that she delivered a well written speech, however I dont think that she can do this outside of the republican vaccum.

The content of her speech was more of the same.

Yeah, I guess we'll see how she did with the Independents when the polls roll out.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Seriously, folks, do you want those people appointing Supreme Court judges?:roll:

You mean recommending for appointment, pending the approval of a democratically controlled House and Senate.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

I don't think it is fair to compare anyone to bill clinton. He is one of the all time greats Bill had the best speech last week. Sarah Palin gave one hell of a speech tonight she passed her first test.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: quest55720
Lol at MSNBC they are like disapointed she kicked ass.

I twas pretty funny have just about all of them talk about how good she was, then turn around and start nitpicking so their leftist supporters wouldn't be mad.

And Andrea, i thought you are a reporter; since when does a reporter make personal judgments when doing an interview. Why do you thin people mock so much of the media when you put it out in the open like that.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: joshsquall
Small town American vs. urban American.. John Titor was right.

Chicago and San Francisco got boo'd tonight.

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003
Can you tell me why people on TV CANNOT CRITICIZE or at least be honest?

I miss Tim Russert for this very reason. The first thing he use to do after speeches at these conventions was fact check and point out the outright lies. Such an interesting campaign, so sad he couldn't be around to watch it.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Originally posted by: lupi

You may enjoy a look in that mirror as well....

Now that is a very uninformed statement.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

Just wait for KOs show tomorrow, I'm sure he'll go full bore with letting morales or the truth get in the way.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: joshsquall
(Godwin's Law) Hitler did!
Wow, talk about a "stretch".

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: JHoNNy1OoO

I miss Tim Russert for this very reason. The first thing he use to do after speeches at these conventions was fact check and point out the outright lies. Such an interesting campaign, so sad he couldn't be around to watch it.

Yep, him and brokaw helped to keep the NBC/MSNBC on air coverage from tilting too far over as they seem to regularly do recently.