RNC Convention Day 2 discussion

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Not sure yet what they final speech order will be for the night, but the one that the world is currently turning on will be starting a little after 10pm EDT. I saw Romney talking to a reporter earlier so maybe he will be taking the stage. He'd be a good person to put up there to start taking the economic angle for the night.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Just heard a report that Romney, Rudy, and the Huckster would all be chatting tonight before the VPILF.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Sounds like it will be Romney,Rudy then Palin. It sounds like the GoP is gearing up for a fight against the biased liberal media that has smeared tha palin family.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Ah wat's wong wittle JP, no one participating in any of your other hack threads, /tissue.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Well, it looks like Mccain will lose; he's got a former ebay CEO on his committee and now speaking for him ;)

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland

Wow... thread crapping at it's finest. Off topic and off your rocker. Par for the course I guess.

don't worry, the mods will take care of it.

:laugh:

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Below are excerpts from Sarah Palin's Republican Convention speech, as prepared for delivery. Check back for the full text.

On her experience as a public servant:

"I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town. I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better. When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too. Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

On why she is going to Washington, D.C.:

"I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

On energy policies that the McCain-Palin administration will implement:

"Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems - as if we all didn't know that already. But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all. Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines...build more nuclear plants...create jobs with clean coal...and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources. We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers."

On John McCain:

"Here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election. In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change."
Sounds like a re-hash of what she said last Friday, with some GOP talking points to spice it up. And every time she tries to talk about foreign policy or experience, her words will ring hollow.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Oh burn, Matthews admitting that Palin as Governor adjacent to Russia receives US military briefs on Russian political and military maneuvers.

Don't worry to the kool-aid crowd, he then proceeds to try and downplay the experience edge that gives her over the community organizer.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The ousted HP ceo is up talking now; she may have failed but got a sweet goodbye package and looks like good cougar material.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: dbk
This speech might be worse than Mark Warner's.

With these last couple it's easy to see why the broadcast networks pulled back their coverage.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: lupi
The ousted HP ceo is up talking now; she may have failed but got a sweet goodbye package and looks like good cougar material.

Hmmm.... That's the second time in this thread you've objectified women.....

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: lupi
Originally posted by: dbk
This speech might be worse than Mark Warner's.

With these last couple it's easy to see why the broadcast networks pulled back their coverage.

Matthews just went into a segment and talked about the last 2 female CEOs as big players on the political block and also related to the attempt to get more hillary supporters.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
A couple moments of basic attack stuff then heavy into economy. I saw a snippet of a bho stump today where he was trying to say the GOP didn't care about the economy because they didn't talk about it on day 1. I think it's safe to say that the economy stuff from romney alone will clean up the little economy spiel from the dems during their turn.

He even slips in an attack against Michelle, nicely timed and hits the effect with the crowd.

Napalm

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 1999
Is Mitt Romney on drunk??

He has argued how the economy is bad, government spending is too high, yada, yada, yada... Then he says "change is needed in Washington" and that they "need to throw those liberals out of Washington and elect McCain and Palin".

Can anyone tell me what fact he is missing here????

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Napalm
Is Mitt Romney on drunk??

He has argued how the economy is bad, government spending is too high, yada, yada, yada... Then he says "change is needed in Washington" and that they "need to throw those liberals out of Washington and elect McCain and Palin".

Can anyone tell me what fact he is missing here????

I don't know, all I heard was Mitt Romney is a douche and he is currently talking out of his ass... I can't believe the crap purging out of this guy's mouth. It's the definition of double-talk.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Heaven help us if you guys ever elect that Romney dude as president. Reaganomics, America is the hope of the world... Excuse me while I heave.:frown:

Anyone told him who has been in power the last 8 years, most of which with a friendly Congress, for which he's blaming 'liberals'?