RNC chair calls Obama "Capt. Schettino"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
So a partisan hack called the President a talking point... oh whoop-dee-friggen-doo my world is unchanged aside from a few wasted minutes skimming this thread.

I will admit that the apparent Republican tactic of trying to negatively alienate anyone who disagrees with them is getting old. Very old. Not that the Democrats are blameless, but the Republicans seem to be determined to build a platform on sheer negativity, which is always doomed to fail. It failed for Kerry/Edwards, it'll fail for Romney if he takes that route. Look at the growing irrelevance of the Tea Party for starters.

Methinks Republicans have become too cohesive. They've immersed themselves so much in their own party many of them are growing ignorant of the outside world. But then again most rural, isolated areas are Republican, so I guess that reflects a good chunk of their constituents.

Bottom line: There's a problem when the stereotype of your party is an uneducated Mississippi redneck wearing a colonial hat with tea bags hanging off it. There's an even bigger problem when the main party establishment promotes this stereotype. Meanwhile your opponents at least have "educated" in their stereotype and last I checked aren't promoting the stupid hippie image.

The GOP must change, or the Democrats must do something extraordinarily bad. Otherwise the GOP will split and partially implode on its own negativity. Having the base support of the party is nice, but you don't win elections without the moderate mainstream.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Sure the GOOP would say something (anything) to stir up an otherwise ("yawn") base.
But considering the negative names and thoughts I had toward GW when he was in there, I'll give this one a pass.
Calling Obama Capt. Schettino is nothing compared to what I called GW when he dropped everything and told us he was giving away generations of our tax dollars to his old Wall Street buddies.
Remember ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Anyone ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No one but you has tried to assert that I have a bias and more than one person has explicitly said I don't have a R or D bias. That says more about you than it ever will about me.

And yet you are STILL silent about people here who have been blatantly DNC partisan. Yes, your silence shouts volumes about your integitry...or lack thereof.

When you start to be honest with yourself, you will be aghast at your behavior up to that point.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
And yet you are STILL silent about people here who have been blatantly DNC partisan. Yes, your silence shouts volumes about your integitry...or lack thereof.

When you start to be honest with yourself, you will be aghast at your behavior up to that point.

You're a leader (in the charge that I'm biased) with no followers; just a guy taking a walk.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Wow, active trolls have been very, very active lately. At least 25% or more of the replies come from a couple accounts. The RNC full court press is on!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You're a leader (in the charge that I'm biased) with no followers; just a guy taking a walk.

I see you are not yet at the point where you want to fix in yourself what you decry in others. Eventually you will be. It happens to everyone as they mature.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I see you are not yet at the point where you want to fix in yourself what you decry in others. Eventually you will be. It happens to everyone as they mature.

I see you believe your singular opinion should matter to me more than the opinion of several others.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, active trolls have been very, very active lately. At least 25% or more of the replies come from a couple accounts. The RNC full court press is on!

The rabid right has always been in full attack mode in here but since they are going to have their asses handed to them in NOV it has increased their collective angst 10 fold.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The rabid right has always been in full attack mode in here but since they are going to have their asses handed to them in NOV it has increased their collective angst 10 fold.

The GOP took the House and nearly took the Senate in November. Why would republicans be upset by that?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I find it sad that you define yourself by the views of others.

I don't, particularly on the Internet, but I do consider the majority's opinion of me as having more relevance than minority ones.. particularly when that minority is exactly one person.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I don't, particularly on the Internet, but I do consider the majority's opinion of me as having more relevance than minority ones.. particularly when that minority is exactly one person.

Yep, you still have said nothing about the obvious partisan posts...but said something about my completely neutral one.

You have issues, and one day you will realize it and be ashamed.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Yep, you still have said nothing about the obvious partisan posts...but said something about my completely neutral one.

You have issues, and one day you will realize it and be ashamed.

You continue to believe your opinion of me is somehow significant.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You continue to believe your opinion of me is somehow significant.

My opinions are always significant.

I will continue to show your hypocrisy whenever you present it. You can either not do it, or get used to it. The option for me to stop exposing it is not one you can select.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
My opinions are always significant.

Your opinions of me are significant to no one but yourself, otherwise you'd have others who shared them.

I will continue to show your hypocrisy whenever you present it. You can either not do it, or get used to it. The option for me to stop exposing it is not one you can select.

I will continue to show your Republican shill-ness whenever you present it. You can either not do it, or get used to it. The option for me to stop exposing it is not one you can select.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Your opinions of me are significant to no one but yourself, otherwise you'd have others who shared them.

Others sharing my opinion is irrelevant to me saying my opinions are significant. Again, you show that you define yourself by the views of others, but not everyone is like that.

I will continue to show your Republican shill-ness whenever you present it. You can either not do it, or get used to it. The option for me to stop exposing it is not one you can select.

Even when you have to make it up, as you did in this thread. Admit it, you ignored all the democrat shills in here and only attacked my neutral post. That would at least put you on the path towards honesty.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Others sharing my opinion is irrelevant to me saying my opinions are significant. Again, you show that you define yourself by the views of others, but not everyone is like that.

What you say about the significance of your opinions is insignificant to me.

Even when you have to make it up, as you did in this thread. Admit it, you ignored all the democrat shills in here and only attacked my neutral post. That would at least put you on the path towards honesty.

I made up nothing. You said you "wouldn't defend" the RNC chair's remarks. That's trying to weasel out of being critical of something you don't want to be critical of.