RNC attendees throw peanuts at black CNN camera operator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Obama is busy campaigning and fundraising in Iowa right now. He is the CURRENT president. Why does he not get called out for not caring for the hurricane victims, while Romney, whom currently does not hold public office, does? Does that make any sense to you?

Nobody is saying people can't go about their business. It's obscene to throw a party while a natural disaster is unfolding not too far away. Does that make any sense to you?

And WTF would Romney do if he was president anyway? Fire the hurricane?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Obama is busy campaigning and fundraising in Iowa right now. He is the CURRENT president. Why does he not get called out for not caring for the hurricane victims, while Romney, whom currently does not hold public office, does? Does that make any sense to you?

You didn't know the new law that now someone running for President can call in the National Guard and can declare a state of emergency?

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Nobody is saying people can't go about their business. It's obscene to throw a party while a natural disaster is unfolding not too far away. Does that make any sense to you?

And WTF would Romney do if he was president anyway? Fire the hurricane?

So Obama campaigning and fundraising = going about his business, even though he is the President of the United States and one of his chief duties is to protect the American people.

But Romney campaigning and fundraising = throwing a party while black people drown.

Gotcha. :colbert:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
So Obama campaigning and fundraising = going about his business, even though he is the President of the United States and one of his chief duties is to protect the American people.

But Romney campaigning and fundraising = throwing a party while black people drown.

Gotcha. :colbert:

You're as tone deaf as the rest of the GOP. And you'll wonder why you lost in November.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
While many Americans are suffering through a hurricane, the GOP parties it up.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.c...s-for-deplorable-behavior-toward-cnn-staffer/

Just sad that these are the kinds of people the Repbulicans invite to their convention.

Way to go Mittens.

Why does it matter if he was black? If youre so for equality and shit why even bother putting his color in the title? It quite honestly doesnt matter what the color of their skin was, im just betting that youre trying to excite people about "hate crimes".

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011

SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont talk about that, might make obama look bad.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
You just got your ass handed to you and that is your responce?

The tone deafness I refer to is exactly the kind of tone deafness that allows you to think that I got my "ass handed to me".

Let me illustrate. I work in the financial industry. After the fall of 2008, we stopped having conferences and large industry events. It was "bad optics" as my manager put it. But we still came in every day and did our jobs. Does that do it for you, fruitcake? Or is it impossible for you to understand anything not spelled out in Cheerios?

I eagrly await my next thrashing by the blade of your raipier wit. Oh wait, I have to run and do some business, so why don't you post some fuckwitted response, claim victory, and go beat off to the life sized speedo-clad Reagan fresco in your bedroom?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Those poor, poor rich white boys, victimized by a single black person. But we all know they're all that way, don't we? Every single one of them.

I guess it doesn't matter what you're accused of or what happens to you, if you're rich, white and a male, you deserved it. Right?

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000

Will it be OK for the Democrats to throw a party next week while the residents are still cleaning up after this natural disaster?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The tone deafness I refer to is exactly the kind of tone deafness that allows you to think that I got my "ass handed to me".

Let me illustrate. I work in the financial industry. After the fall of 2008, we stopped having conferences and large industry events. It was "bad optics" as my manager put it. But we still came in every day and did our jobs. Does that do it for you, fruitcake? Or is it impossible for you to understand anything not spelled out in Cheerios?

I eagrly await my next thrashing by the blade of your raipier wit. Oh wait, I have to run and do some business, so why don't you post some fuckwitted response, claim victory, and go beat off to the life sized speedo-clad Reagan fresco in your bedroom?

I don't see you calling for the Democrats to call of their party. And since when is the Republican and Democrat National Convention a party? BTW, even if Romney were in charge of the cleanup and emergency response efforts, there isn't much you can do until the hurricane has moved out of the area.

As for your colorful comments: “Fruitcake” is a derogatory term for homosexuals, so that will make you either a homophobe or maybe just a gay basher. I thought you were the party of tolerance

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Will it be OK for the Democrats to throw a party next week while the residents are still cleaning up after this natural disaster?

I don't think this one is going to make it all the way up to Charlotte, NC.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005

Why is it bad optics for Romney, a private individual, to speak at his political party's national convention, but it is not bad optics for Obama, the President of the United States, to campaign and fundraise while a natural disaster is on-going?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Why is the GOP in one hand deploring the words of Rep Akin, and in the other lionizing him by adopting, at their convention, the very policies for which he has supposedly "offended" them?

Oh, I know why--it's because this one man says exactly what the majority of them believe. They just don't like to hear it spoken in public. :\

Exactly.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Why does it matter if he was black? If youre so for equality and shit why even bother putting his color in the title? It quite honestly doesnt matter what the color of their skin was, im just betting that youre trying to excite people about "hate crimes".

So are you just pretending to be this dumb?

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
There was way too much preparation to cancel the RNC people cmon now. They delayed it a day when they honestly didn't even need to. It was a cat 1, it was not another Katrina.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

It is apparent you cannot rebutt the statement made to you, for you instead went into insult mode. Address what he said, if you feel you can prevent it from showing that your point is wrong.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
How do they know they were throwing peanuts at him because he was black, and not just to F with the camera man? They confirmed these people were saying racial things before/during/after the peanut throwing?

Because they said "This is how we feed animals" while doing it? Way to deflect. Chuck.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
I guess it doesn't matter what you're accused of or what happens to you, if you're rich, white and a male, you deserved it. Right?

They can afford the lawyers and the bribes to make it go away. And they did.

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
I don't see you calling for the Democrats to call of their party. And since when is the Republican and Democrat National Convention a party? BTW, even if Romney were in charge of the cleanup and emergency response efforts, there isn't much you can do until the hurricane has moved out of the area.

As for your colorful comments: “Fruitcake” is a derogatory term for homosexuals, so that will make you either a homophobe or maybe just a gay basher. I thought you were the party of tolerance

"Fruitcake" is a derogatory term for crazy people. "Fruit," singular, is slang for a male homosexual. It's telling that you tried to misconstrue it's meaning. Or you're just that stupid.

Last edited: