RMA experiences with graphics cards

ckay27

Feb 4, 2013
Has anyone else ever had to RMA a graphics card? What was the outcome? I ordered a 7850 off dabs and wouldn't register a signal on the screen after a week of having it. I obviously checked the various pci slots on my board as well as trying in another setup and no joy so I sent it back. It got collected 8 days ago and arrived with them monday morning. Customer services manager said it would be booked in by wednesday at latest then again yesterday I was told again booked in today by the latest and nothing. No refund yet or any news. Also not stocking the product now, I am *hoping* that I get a used (from dabs again, and if a new one can be faulty then I might as well go for a better valued used one) 7950 I ordered at a good price (xfx dd) as a replacement but am awaiting the refund to fund this. If it takes too much longer for the refund I will lose out on the 7950. I know my friend had to wait a month RMAing his 7770 to dabs recently but this was over the christmas and new year period. So I was really just wondering what an average RMA length for you guys had been for a graphics card...

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Graphics card RMA's can take a long time... My only experience has been with Pixmania, not a highly reputable company but I actually don't have much to complain about. Yes, the service is a bit slow and complicated, but in the end I got back a better model than what I RMA'd.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I RMA'd a dead MSI Twin Frozr 3 6950. Took about 10 days from the day I sent it in to get a replacement card at my door. Smooth, painless, and easy. That's been my only RMA experience.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
In the process of getting an Evga RMA. So I made a mistake in the serial number, they called when they got the card at the depot. I got approval for a new RMA based on the actual serial number. Go figure, they don't check and close out the older RMA by sending me back my card without processing the newer one. So now I've shipped it to them twice. Go Evga...

thetuna

Nov 14, 2010
I RMA'd a 465 to MSI.
After a little convincing, they agreed to pay the shipping both ways.
28 days round trip, and I got a 470 in return.
So yeah, it can take a long time.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Yeah, this is the reason you always use a reputable brand name with lots of experience. Ive RMA'd quite a few video cards to different companies. My RMA's have all been pretty flawless. EVGA is among the best with customer service, all three or four RMA's ive done with them have been great.

I also RMA'd a few to BFG when they were around. They were also great.

MSI seems to be pretty decent. I own a few MSI video cards, but ive yet to have one go bad so never had to RMA. Although the previous poster saying 28 days round trip for a RMA seems absurd to me. Ive never waited that long for a RMA and never would. EVGA RMA's are like 7-10 days and thats including both ways. Then again, I also live in CA which is near them sorta heh.

Some advice, stick with companies that offer advanced RMA's procedures where you provide a credit card. Many inexperienced people dont know to ask for this service as many provide it but wont actually tell you they do until you ask. I wont wait a month for a RMA'd video card..... I think every RMA ive done was advanced, cant really remember though.

Last edited:

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
My experience with Dabs.com was positive.

Grabbed a Gigabyte Windforce 3 7950, was DoA, RMA'ed for a refund (no stock) and bought an XFX Double D 7950 the same day. Refund arrived within 2 weeks of first RMA contact.

KevinH

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2000
Did it with Gigabyte. I've read otherwise but in my case, I didn't even need a receipt.