Rittenhouse trial to start soon, Judge is laying out rules.

Jul 9, 2009
This is going to be a very interesting trial.

"A Wisconsin judge laid out the final ground rules Monday on what evidence will be allowed when Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial next week for shooting three people during a protest against police brutality, ruling he'll permit testimony from the defense's use-of-force expert and on how police welcomed Rittenhouse and others carrying guns during the demonstration."

"A Wisconsin judge on Monday ruled that prosecutors in the Kyle Rittenhouse trial cannot refer to the men he is accused of shooting as "victims."

Rittenhouse, 18, has been charged with shooting three people — two fatally — during a protest against police brutality last year, and his trial is set to start on Monday. Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroder said in his Monday decision that he has a standard rule banning use of the word "victim" until a person is convicted of a crime, USA Today reports.

He is more lenient when it comes to other words — Schroeder did not approve a request from Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger, who asked that defense lawyers not be allowed to call the men "looters, rioters, arsonists, or any other pejorative term." Binger argued that there is no proof that the people who were shot had participated in looting, rioting, or arson, and those are even more "loaded" terms than the word "victim." Schroeder responded, "Let the evidence show what it shows."

"A Wisconsin judge laid out the final ground rules Monday on what evidence will be allowed when Kyle Rittenhouse goes on trial next week for shooting three people during a protest against police brutality, ruling he’ll permit testimony from the defense’s use-of-force expert and on how police welcomed Rittenhouse and others carrying guns during the demonstration."
"Defense attorney Corey Chirafisi argued the video shows that police felt Rittenhouse wasn’t acting recklessly. Binger countered that the shootings happened after Rittenhouse interacted with the police, but Schroeder decided to allow the video.

“If the jury is being told, if the defendant is walking down the sidewalk and doing what he claims he was hired to do and police say good thing you’re here, is that something influencing the defendant and emboldening him in his behavior? That would be an argument for relevance,” the judge said.

Schroeder also denied Binger’s request to bar the defense from referring to Rosenbaum, Huber and Grosskreutz as rioters, looters or arsonists. The judge said those terms would be allowed if the defense can produce evidence showing that’s what they were.

Many conservatives have flocked to support Rittenhouse, calling him a patriot and making him a symbol for gun rights and raising $2 million for his bail. Others, including some liberals and activists, portray him as a domestic terrorist and say he made a volatile situation worse."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
It will be vital he be exonerated of guilt in the main or conservatives everywhere will conclude that there is no justice and the system is rigged to treat them meanly. For conservatives who are sadly riddled with self hate and live in a constant state of vigilance that nothing breaks through the wall of denial they created to protect themselves from the pain they would suffer were they to become conscious of there true inner state, a state characterized by projection, any different outcome of that trial will be experienced as a deadly existential threat. One does not need to be insane one’s self to suffer from the madness of others.

I am sure that liberals, realizing this intuitively, will not convict as such a result would only unleash a torrential outpouring of more vigilante violence. You must never be physically present when a conservative is forced to confront the truth. Things will improve over time when the right rises again, we have our civil war, our programs and gas chamber phase, destroy our civilization and culture and our future children gaze around at the ashes and marvel at the depth of our insanity.

I pity the poor immigrant whose fate is still unlearned.

• Wow
Reactions: gothuevos

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Cross posting from other thread, but here's a couple timestamps showing the prosecutor and judge at odds with each other during the hearing.

Feb 16, 2005
The judge is a fuckstick for saying they cannot be called victims. I believe kyle should be only referred to as psycho wannabe soldier mamma's boy

Also, and I believe this is important, he was 17 when he murdered these people, travelled across state lines with a weapon to commit said crimes, which implies intent

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The judge is a fuckstick for saying they cannot be called victims. I believe kyle should be only referred to as psycho wannabe soldier mamma's boy

Also, and I believe this is important, he was 17 when he murdered these people, travelled across state lines with a weapon to commit said crimes, which implies intent
Since we're going down this road, why bother with a trial? Lets just put people in prison for life based on what "everyone knows".

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Murder is not running away for your life.
Heroism is not chasing someone down so you can murder them.

Anyone who has watched the videos of that night understands who did what. The last "shooting victim" needs to be in prison for attempted murder.

Feb 16, 2005
Since we're going down this road, why bother with a trial? Lets just put people in prison for life based on what "everyone knows".
so he didn't travel across state lines with a weapon as a minor to confront the rioters?

Narrator: In fact he did not cross state lines with the weapon. The gun was waiting for him in Kenosha

Last edited:
Reactions: imported_tajmahal

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
so he didn't travel across state lines with a weapon as a minor to confront the rioters?
Which by the way was ILLEGAL. I was once hit in the back while driving and had fender damage. I was unable to force the other person to pay because I was in the middle of an illegal turn.

Feb 16, 2005
Bro....c'mon bro....facts have no place in the court of public opinion.
Well let me show you how us shitlibs handle finding out facts....
I did some digging and I am wrong, the weapon was in Wisconsin and he did not cross state lines with it, however that was the story at the time and I believed it without further research. That's on me.
He was 17, and that is in violation of Wisconsin's open carry law.

Reactions: Paratus

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Rittenhouse was a shitbird looking to go start shit but hard to see him not getting off for shooting the guy running after him, then the guy trying to hit him with the skateboard, and finally the guy who ran at him with a gun. Now if the pos in GA who lynched Ahmaud Abery gets off on a self defense claim after chasing him down and hitting him with his truck that town should burn.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Bro....c'mon bro....facts have no place in the court of public opinion.

I mean who cares where he got the gun. He was underage with a weapon and clearly went there to be a vigilante, he cosplayed being a cop, got rejected by the military, so he went out on his own and murdered three people.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I mean who cares where he got the gun. He was underage with a weapon and clearly went there to be a vigilante, he cosplayed being a cop, got rejected by the military, so he went out on his own and murdered three people.
Did he though? I thought this trial was just getting underway I didn't realize the court had already made a verdict on murder.....oh wait those pesky courts are a real bother aren't they? Taking so long to finally come to a conclusion that we already know is true. The court of public opinion is swift, just and always right......

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Did he though? I thought this trial was just getting underway I didn't realize the court had already made a verdict on murder.....oh wait those pesky courts are a real bother aren't they? Taking so long to finally come to a conclusion that we already know. The court of public opinion is swift, just and always right......

I mean what do you think happened exactly? He was definitely not 18 and carrying a weapon, are you disputing this? There is proof of him dressing like a wanna be cop. He did get rejected when he applied for the armed forces, of course they were unable to reveal the reason due to privacy.

His defense is calling him part of a militia as well. This is not legal. A militia is under the instructions of the government, otherwise it's just a lawless group with guns. It's one thing to exercise your right to defend your own property from someone on it, it's a whole other thing to be a vigilante illegally carrying guns around to pretend to now be the law anywhere you feel like it.

Please, tell us, what do you think Rittenhouse thought he was when he illegally carried a gun openly into a tense situation far from his home?

Reactions: ivwshane

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Well let me show you how us shitlibs handle finding out facts....
I did some digging and I am wrong, the weapon was in Wisconsin and he did not cross state lines with it, however that was the story at the time and I believed it without further research. That's on me.
He was 17, and that is in violation of Wisconsin's open carry law.
Um, ok give me a minute digest your post because it's a fluster fuck of different thoughts.

1. Who called you a "shitlib" and further more why did you jump to the conclusion that I thought you were one?
2. So you handled finding out facts by doing some digging and actually finding out the facts. Yeah that's great maybe do that next time before spreading false information.
3. His age and whether or not he was illegally open carrying wasn't even brought up by me or you so why are you bringing it up now?

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Um, ok give me a minute digest your post because it's a fluster fuck of different thoughts.

1. Who called you a "shitlib" and further more why did you jump to the conclusion that I thought you were one?
2. So you handled finding out facts by doing some digging and actually finding out the facts. Yeah that's great maybe do that next time before spreading false information.
3. His age and whether or not he was illegally open carrying wasn't even brought up by me or you so why are you bringing it up now?
Translating this post real quick here

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
I mean who cares where he got the gun. He was underage with a weapon and clearly went there to be a vigilante

We have video showing the chase. Rosenbaum starts picking up pace while Kyle seemingly doesn't realize he's behind him. The prosecution says they have thermal video showing something prior to that, but they have no audio or anything else about it apparently. This is looking very similar to Zimmerman. According to the legal statutes, Kyle should go free and the trial should never have happened. Unless they bring something out new, this is looking retarded AF.

he cosplayed being a cop

That's rich irony for all 3 "victims". They each acted like vigilante cops, haha. One of them even was convicted of false imprisonment. Grosskreutz didn't even act afraid -- if you thought there was an active shooting, why would you think "hands up, don't shoot" would work to spare your life and why would he hold a phone to livestream it?

, got rejected by the military, so he went out on his own and murdered three people.

What was he rejected for by the military? The vast majority of rejections wouldn't signal much about being a murderer obviously.