Rising to the Challenger: Detroit auto show debut for Dodge muscle coupe concept

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
I'm liking the retro look the auto makers are going for these days.

But then I'm a retro kinda guy. ;)

So do I. I love the looks of the new Mustang GT.

Dodge seems to be pricing their new cars waaaay too high though. I just looked at a comparo between the Pontiac GTO and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 in the latest Road & Track and the cars were pretty evenly matched except for a $10,000 price difference between the two! :shocked:

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Sweet! That thing looks completely like a new old car. Like the New Musting, as has been mentioned, it does a great job of actually capturing the car it's named after.

So when is the official unveiling? Or has it already occured. I noticed after I posted that this thread was from Nov 20'th.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
I'm liking the retro look the auto makers are going for these days.

But then I'm a retro kinda guy. ;)

So do I. I love the looks of the new Mustang GT.

Dodge seems to be pricing their new cars waaaay too high though. I just looked at a comparo between the Pontiac GTO and the Dodge Challenger SRT8 in the latest Road & Track and the cars were pretty evenly matched except for a $10,000 price difference between the two! :shocked:

Too high? are you high? The SRT8 doesn't compete against the GTO it competes against other big fast 4 door cars like the caddy cts-v which is $10k more then the srt8 and other even more expensive cars. You won't find anything in its class for anywhere near the same price.