Risen 3: Titan Lords; Third time a charm? *Update: gameplay*

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Thanks for the updates, guys. I loved the Gothic series and Risen 1. I might have to pick this up this weekend...

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Thanks for the updates, guys. I loved the Gothic series and Risen 1. I might have to pick this up this weekend...

The game is pretty bug free as well,probably the least buggiest Risen game.

Some have been reported in the forums however,I'm sure there will be a patch or two down the road but I never had any bug issues playing the game even with quests.

I think I only had two lockups in total of 40+ hours of playing and that's with my overclocked CPU and video card.

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014
The game is pretty bug free as well,probably the least buggiest Risen game.

Some have been reported in the forums however,I'm sure there will be a patch or two down the road but I never had any bug issues playing the game even with quests.

I think I only had two lockups in total of 40+ hours of playing and that's with my overclocked CPU and video card.

No issues with it either , not a single bug and I've also played it for 40+ hours

Runs perfectly also , I get 67 fps and it never drops a frame

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Huh, I loved the Gothic series and never heard about Risen until a few days ago when I bought Risen 2. Overall having fun with it but I would not recommend it to anyone except die hard Gothic fans, especially considering Gothic itself will not appeal to most players and Risen seems to have gotten rid of some neat parts of Gothic... like murder, being able to play an instrument, smoke swamp weed and other immersive stuff like that.

Combat too seems like a downgrade and combat has always been a very finicky part of Gothic.

But despite that I'll probably check out Risen 3 once it gets deep discounts.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Huh, I loved the Gothic series and never heard about Risen until a few days ago when I bought Risen 2. Overall having fun with it but I would not recommend it to anyone except die hard Gothic fans, especially considering Gothic itself will not appeal to most players and Risen seems to have gotten rid of some neat parts of Gothic... like murder, being able to play an instrument, smoke swamp weed and other immersive stuff like that.

Combat too seems like a downgrade and combat has always been a very finicky part of Gothic.

But despite that I'll probably check out Risen 3 once it gets deep discounts.

Personally Risen 3 is a lot better then Risen 2,so only way is up IMHO from 2.