Rise of the Triad is coming back

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Still remember getting the shareware version of this on 3.5" disks from a friend.

Fun Doom clone.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Still remember getting the shareware version of this on 3.5" disks from a friend.

Fun Doom clone.

wasn't a Doom clone at all, it had dual pistols and you could aim up and down, aside from being a FPS it shouldn't even be compared to Doom.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
haha, loving the comments about getting the shareware version on 3.5" floppy. i got a copy that way too, lol.

those were the good old days, eh?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Oh man my cousin showed me this game back in the day. Loved it! I hope they put out a demo of this; I'd definitely try it.

Dkcode

May 1, 2005
wasn't a Doom clone at all, it had dual pistols and you could aim up and down, aside from being a FPS it shouldn't even be compared to Doom.

I think it was supposed to be a sequel to Wolfenstein but ended up being its own thing.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Wasn't RotT the game where you could decapitate people and then play soccer with their head?

Good times.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
eh... Would try it but too much gore/violence..
revoked_card.jpg

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
I remember convincing my Mom to buy this game for me ... on the way home I asked "What does 'Wanton & Gratuitous' mean?"

The only cheat code I can remember off hand is "PLUGEM" in order to get the machine gun.

Selenium_Glow

Jan 25, 2012
Aaah!! I've had so much fun playing this game. This is my childhood FPS game I absolutely enjoyed. I remember this as the first game with obstacles (rotating blades, flame guns under foot, etc), whacky power-ups (dog mode, god mode, shroom mode, etc), cool AI (this was my first game with people dodging rockets, and feigning death), whacky weapons (drunk missiles, flame wall), some whacky concepts of graphics too...

Ah... I remember too much now. Looking forward to this... absolutely.

Edit: I also noticed, they've made the Level 1 music much more cooler :D Can't wait for this...

Last edited: