Rip the Jacker is bleeding.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Edit: The bleeding has stopped. Yay.

So I sneezed a while ago, and blood came outta one of my nostrils (almost rapidly). It's pretty much slowed down, but wtf? This was the first nose bleed I've had in... 5 years?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
You on anything that might be drying out your skin? When I was on accutane 5 years ago, if I sneezed you better believe I had a nose bleed.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJ
You on anything that might be drying out your skin? When I was on accutane 5 years ago, if I sneezed you better believe I had a nose bleed.

Well, it's like 80 degrees right now (pretty hot). Could that be the cause?

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
Originally posted by: BigJ

Well, it's like 80 degrees right now (pretty hot). Could that be the cause?

If there's humidity in the air, then no. A colder environment would be more likely to cause it.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Originally posted by: nick1985
Did you drink it?

I always use to lick the blood when it ran down to my lip at least once before getting a tissue. :shocked:

Nikamichi

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2003
Dude, check your pulse ASAP. A bleeding nose is usually reason enough to hit up the ER.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: AbAbber2k
Originally posted by: nick1985
Did you drink it?

I always use to lick the blood when it ran down to my lip at least once before getting a tissue. :shocked:

I think we all did/still do.

Originally posted by: Nikamichi
Dude, check your pulse ASAP. A bleeding nose is usually reason enough to hit up the ER.

To be fair, it's possible for something to be very wrong and cause a nose bleed. But I assume you're being sarcastic.

Rip, if you start bleeding out of your ears, feel free to visit the ER.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

WTF? Are you joking? Did I tell you that it stopped bleeding?

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006

No a nose bleed has been linked to aneurysms. You better get to the ER asap!

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: tasmanian

Yeah, yeah.. keep being sarcastic.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
"The most common causes are dryness (often caused by indoor heat in the winter) and nose picking. These two things work together--nose picking occurs more often when mucus in the nose is dry and crusty"

Wow. This is exactly what was going on today. 80 degrees and me picking my nose in front of the PC. Yay, I'm not dying.

Jun 4, 2005
"The most common causes are dryness (often caused by indoor heat in the winter) and nose picking. These two things work together--nose picking occurs more often when mucus in the nose is dry and crusty"

Wow. This is exactly what was going on today. 80 degrees and me picking my nose in front of the PC. Yay, I'm not dying.

Read it careful. Indoor heat during the winter, meaning no humidity. Summer heat wouldn't cause that in all too many places in the U.S. afaik. Picking your nose is obviously the cause.

EDIT: And 80* is not hot. =/

Nikamichi

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: tasmanian

Yeah, yeah.. keep being sarcastic.

:D

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Originally posted by: LoKe

Read it careful. Indoor heat during the winter, meaning no humidity. Summer heat wouldn't cause that in all too many places in the U.S. afaik. Picking your nose is obviously the cause.

EDIT: And 80* is not hot. =/

It doesn't feel as humid as any other summer day.