RIP. My favorite mechanical pencil broke yesterday.

Nov 5, 2001
Alas, poor Yorrick!

I loved this pencil. I have had it since 1993, and used it nearly every day. The metal barrel apparently gave out at the joint between the threaded insert and the main barrel due to metal fatigue.

I am sad. :(

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
People used to post pictures of everything. What ever happened to that?

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure that you will provide your beloved mechanical pencil with a proper burial in the trash can as soon as you can muster up the courage.

aceO07

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2000
My Kohinoor Rapidomatic broke last month. One of the connections decided to unglue and doesn't stay connected anymore. Unfortunately they don't seem to make this pencil anymore, 0.5mm.

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: jman19
I <3 a good mechanical pencil.

Yes, you really can't discount one. Mine was a 0.09mm drafting pencil. It cost me around $19 back then....so we're not talking about your standard POS pencil.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
NO!
rose.gif

I have a hall of fame here, starting with a 0.5mm I began using in 1999. Still works though. Then I have 2 Papermate Clearpoint 0.7mms, one that is not functional due to too much dirt in the mechanism (perils of a lot of field work and occasionally dropping it on the ground).

I am now using some budget Papermate 0.5mm Clickster Grips. One is still in the packaging and the other is in active duty but the clip broke off.

:beer: