RIP Fred Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tombstone1881

Aug 8, 2014
Fred Thompson, a former U.S. senator for Tennessee and actor, has died. He was 73.
Thompson died after a recurrence of lymphoma, his family said in a statement Sunday. He was first diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma more than a decade ago.

"It is with a heavy heart and a deep sense of grief that we share the passing of our brother, husband, father, and grandfather who died peacefully in Nashville surrounded by his family," the statement read.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/01/us/fred-thompson-dies-tennessee/

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'll best remember him for splitting the primary vote in 2008, and thus ending Mike Huckabee.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Best thing he ever did was leave Law & Order, horrible actor as ADA Arthur Branch. The show got good life after he left.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
RIP Fred, I didn't agree with your politics most of the time, but I liked you in The Hunt for Red October (one of my favorite maritime movies).

Best thing he ever did was leave Law & Order, horrible actor as ADA Arthur Branch. The show got good life after he left.

Exactly WTF is wrong with you that makes you act like that when someone dies? That's some repugnant shit D: Even if you don't agree with his politics, he seemed like a nice guy.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Thompson voted against expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.

So nothing is wrong with me. I have zero sympathy for someone who was/ is against LGBT rights.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Sad to hear this. Too bad some @sshat has to sh!t up the thread with his lousy political agenda.

Fred was in fact a nice guy. Even if he doesn't agree with the @sshat.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
Thompson voted against expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation.

So nothing is wrong with me. I have zero sympathy for someone who was/ is against LGBT rights.

You mean he didn't expand a system that already doesn't work, to include a group that already has all the legal rights as everyone else? You wingnuts are something else. :rolleyes:

Admit it, you had to go look that up, and the only real reason you said the above in the first place is because he had an (R) after his name. There's fuck-all reason to lie about it, we already know you have zero compassion for anyone who isn't politically on your side.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
o_O Funny that you have to twist things to fit your narrative.

Incredible narcissism you guys have, who get off on discriminating against other human beings to make yourself feel more elite. :rolleyes:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
This is a condolence thread. Next one that posts anything but a RIP-type post will get an infraction and vacation.

Keep the political BS out of condolence threads.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
He was a very interesting person to say the least. I don't know if I can say he was a great actor, but he basically played an authentic version of himself I suppose, which was refreshing because he was so believable as a government representative. One of the few who could segway into film and public service seamlessly.

I had no clue he had NHL in 2004

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I remember him from his small part in Hunt for Red October (one of my favorite movies). Did a good job, I thought.

Cancer is a crappy way to go. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.