RIP chuck yeager

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Oh wow, I didn't even know he was still alive! Made it to 97 years old, dang! That man was a legend!

Over the years as I've worked on developing my own personal productivity system, it became clear to me that there is a division between a fixed mind (i.e. "I can't & here's why") vs. a growth mindset ("I can, and I will be persistent in finding a way!"). What that boiled down to was either focusing on the effort & the associated risks & anxiety that accompanied that line of thinking, or focusing on the outcomes & then filling in the gaps to achieve your desired outcome. As a highly successful & awarded aviator, he had a really great quote in this domain:

"You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done."

Reactions: snoopy7548

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I remember reading about his flying exploits as a kid. Guy had balls as big as church bells.

RIP.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
2020 just will not give us a break on the ceappy news.

Chuck Yeager is a Legendary Pilot imho.
We probably will never see another one such as him in quite a long time if ever again.

_________

Reactions: Captante

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Chuck Yeager is a Legendary Pilot.
FTFY there is simply no debate about his greatness as a pilot, or his legendary status. Back when flight sims were the rage in PC gaming, I probably put over 1000 hours into Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. He would give you a recap of some of his most famous missions, then you would get to fly them. Ace in a day where you take out 5 German fighters will truly make you appreciate what a badass he was. If for some reason, a person could not grasp that already.

Found a vid of that mission

Reactions: Captante
Nov 20, 2009
This made my day very sad. He was one of my idols growing up. Its hard seeing your idols die when they've made such an impression on you.