Riots in Belgium because of Innocence of Muslims

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
For the record, there are no officially recognized sharia courts and they are most certainly not accepted by the locals, heck, the majority of the muslims in Belgium dont want them

Good. Just don't let them know that there are Abbeys where monks brew some the worlds best Tripels! If those were to somehow become a target of extremism....

Just think of the hundreds and hundreds of years old strains of yeast! Won't someone think of the children of the yeast! :awe:

ps: this one is for Earl, to confirm what he already knows: That anyone and everyone south of his border are islamaphobes.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
What is a test that could be administered to prove a Muslim in the west was the sort worthy of keeping around? Something that no crazy Muslim would ever do... eat bacon? burn a Koran? Draw Muhammad?

Maybe such a test to prove they don't take the religion too seriously could be administered to any who wished to remain, and any who wouldn't do it would be deported or "deported"

Now tell me Geo here is right.
Normal Muslim would eat bacon
Crazy Muslim would not..

Clearly the dude has no idea

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
ps: this one is for Earl, to confirm what he already knows: That anyone and everyone south of his border are islamaphobes.

Ah ya, I keep forgetting on this board my being a Canadian is a strike against me in the first place
Your probably not aware, but we got Islamaphobes here too
One of the comments I posted above is from a Canadian
Just because you like to put people all in one nice group, doesn't mean I do

Last edited:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
i don't get why riots aren't dealt with more harshly. a peaceful protest is one thing and leeway must be given, even if it's the KKK marching down some busy st without announcing it 1st (which i think you must do now). as long as they're peaceful then arrest and remove.

these kind of riots should have the cops riding in, and try to disperse the crowd with the clear message that any defiance will be met with lethal force. cover some of the costs of the damage by IDing the bodies and seizing all assets.

Here in Ontario (Canada) our police forces, even if directly ordered to by above, will not interrupt or disperse protests made up of non-white protestors for fear of the next day's newspapers showing glorious full-colour photos of riot police striking minorities. We actually had a section of the province effectively lawless for months because of this.

Oh - meeting a protest with lethal force is a criminal act, so I imagine you didn't really mean that.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
What is a test that could be administered to prove a Muslim in the west was the sort worthy of keeping around? Something that no crazy Muslim would ever do... eat bacon? burn a Koran? Draw Muhammad?

Maybe such a test to prove they don't take the religion too seriously could be administered to any who wished to remain, and any who wouldn't do it would be deported or "deported"

No one is worth a test to see if keeping around. Were you asked before you were born or taught and raised the way you were if that was the way you would like to be raised?

Assuming all Muslims are fanaticals is wrong that's like saying well all Americans are fatasses compared to Europe. I agree any time these radicals do something crazy they should be taught a lesson. But extermination of a race just because of a few retarded primitive generations isn't right.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ah ya, I keep forgetting on this board my being a Canadian is a strike against me in the first place

I know you like to put people into neat little boxes, aka groups, to easier facilitate your hatred. But I very much enjoy Canada, especially Vancouver area. Granville Island is wonderful too. Oh yea, went to a wedding in BC recently.

So sorry, no Canada hate here. Now jokes, that is another matter entirely.

Of course we see you make blanket statements regarding the US all the time.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I know you like to put people into neat little boxes, aka groups, to easier facilitate your hatred. But I very much enjoy Canada, especially Vancouver area. Granville Island is wonderful too. Oh yea, went to a wedding in BC recently.

So sorry, no Canada hate here. Now jokes, that is another matter entirely.

Of course we see you make blanket statements regarding the US all the time.

You accuse me of putting all Americans into one box
I say I don't and point out that you did
You accuse me again
lol
sigh..
I can be in the US in 10 min, I'm pretty sure people don't change that much

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Oh and could I see some examples of what I have posted that has led everyone here to believe I make these blank statements

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

People don't dislike you because you're Canadian. They dislike you because you're a sanctimonious asshole that's never done anything of note in his life but yet feels entitled to criticize others based on the experience that he doesn't have.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
People don't dislike you because you're Canadian. They dislike you because you're a sanctimonious asshole that's never done anything of note in his life but yet feels entitled to criticize others based on the experience that he doesn't have.

Ah ok

But really..how did you come up with this ?

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Good. Just don't let them know that there are Abbeys where monks brew some the worlds best Tripels! If those were to somehow become a target of extremism....

Just think of the hundreds and hundreds of years old strains of yeast! Won't someone think of the children of the yeast! :awe:

He has quite ably demonstrated he is a troll by now. Let's assume he is serious he is worse than the ME lunatics at least the latter don't have the luxury of being born and live in a civilized world with a working education system and free speech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
He has quite ably demonstrated he is a troll by now. Let's assume he is serious he is worse than the ME lunatics at least the latter don't have the luxury of being born and live in a civilized world with a working education system and free speech.

I am serious
How am i trolling?
What have I said that makes me worse then some ME lunatic?

edit- If your thinking about replying with some crazy notion about knowing anything about my life like Nebor trolled, try something with some facts instead

Last edited:

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

Exactly. Really, who doesn't like Canadians? They are so adorable in their naivete and sweet smell of maple syrup and moose burgers. :awe:

That Earl thinks this backlash is because of the country he lives in only proves the delusion is of a scale beyond comprehension.

And Earl, personally I would wager you are a decent person. It is just that your pendulum has swung so far to one side in your never ending defense of Islam that you seem incapable of seeing any negatives or systemic and cultural problems, and when some are pointed out, you often resort to calls of racism, nazis, .etc.

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Yet you have no problems passing judgement on Americans, let alone our country, whom you have never met, all for having the nerve to hold a differing opinion than yourself. :rolleyes:

Ah I see
You have a problem with me posting my opinions about other countries then my own, and if I haven't met any of the people in the topic I should not post
Got it
Sorry to have insulted you

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Exactly. Really, who doesn't like Canadians? They are so adorable in their naivete and sweet smell of maple syrup and moose burgers. :awe:

That Earl thinks this backlash is because of the country he lives in only proves the delusion is of a scale beyond comprehension.

lol in before the edit

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Here in Ontario (Canada) our police forces, even if directly ordered to by above, will not interrupt or disperse protests made up of non-white protestors for fear of the next day's newspapers showing glorious full-colour photos of riot police striking minorities. We actually had a section of the province effectively lawless for months because of this.

Oh - meeting a protest with lethal force is a criminal act, so I imagine you didn't really mean that.

Interesting. What would happen if one of these protests you are seeing in Egypt or whatever the latest western embassy du jour were to happen in Ontario? What then?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

And Earl, personally I would wager you are a decent person. It is just that your pendulum has swung so far to one side in your never ending defense of Islam that you seem incapable of seeing any negatives or systemic and cultural problems, and when some are pointed out, you often resort to calls of racism, nazis, .etc.

Man..quit changing it

anyways.. what do you mean by this "That Earl thinks this backlash is because of the country he lives in only proves the delusion is of a scale beyond comprehension."

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I've met plenty of Muslims and know lot's of Americans and family in Texas and Florida
Doctor who saved my life is Muslim too

Do I have your permission to continue posting?

Last edited:

Oric

Oct 11, 1999
Sometimes the ignorance and self righteousness of the people go to unprecented levels.

Dear posters, at the time when your PARENTS were born (in 1950ies) Europe was just out of the war, cities and industries were bombed and in ruins. There was good motivation in leaders of these countries to bring their land up and on the top. There was a lot of work to be done and not enough workforce because of WW II casualties. The wages sky rocketed and goods became too expensive to be sold. Then someone had a bright idea "Why don't we get cheap workforce from nearby countries, use them like slaves and built our mighty civilization quickly and send them back to their countries like used handkerchiefs". So the OFFICIAL immigration began, trains load of workers were sent to the factory cities of the Europe. "Gastarbeiters" they were called in Germany. "Guest workers". Arbeit did not make them free, only made their German Employees rich. Because they were guests they were not given any motivation to integrate, no one cared if they learned German or French. They better stayed together in their crowded apartments out of sights. This was how it all began. A first generation measured in hundreds of thousands lived in their limboland, a Turk whose timeline froze in 1950 who was alienated to his own society by every passing year, never accepted by Germans as an equal, just a passer-by, someone to be exploited. His sons and daughters, second and third generations lived the hell on earth, facing an antiquated version of their parents national values and a society who never accepted them. Some chose to decline their heritage and try to adapt, never suceeded while others were easy prey for fundamentalism as a self defense for their "percieved" enemy.

It is now the 5-6th generations, this story became complicated with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, growing tensions with rising racism, but nevertheless they are not the aggresors who parachuted to your backyards or streets overnight. Europe called them for self interest and now calling them the enemy.

My advice for handling this problem : Give them what they want :They want Sharia-Law for those who would accept it ? Give them, let the fanatics cut a few hands and see who would follow them, marginalize the pricks by exposing their true face to those who are in their vicinity. Protect anyone who chooses to leave the sect. Sometimes dreams are very powerful and seems to unite people for a good/bad cause, show them that theirs is actually a nightmare (maybe it is not). Don't make theşr dream more valuable by denying it.

Last edited:

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005

That is...laughable. I feel sorry for your police.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Sometimes the ignorance and self righteousness of the people go to unprecented levels.

Dear posters, at the time when your PARENTS were born (in 1950ies) Europe was just out of the war, cities and industries were bombed and in ruins. There was good motivation in leaders of these countries to bring their land up and on the top. There was a lot of work to be done and not enough workforce because of WW II casualties. The wages sky rocketed and goods became too expensive to be sold. Then someone had a bright idea "Why don't we get cheap workforce from nearby countries, use them like slaves and built our mighty civilization quickly and send them back to their countries like used handkerchiefs". So the OFFICIAL immigration began, trains load of workers were sent to the factory cities of the Europe. "Gastarbeiters" they were called in Germany. "Guest workers". Arbeit did not make them free, only made their German Employees rich. Because they were guests they were not given any motivation to integrate, no one cared if they learned German or French. They better stayed together in their crowded apartments out of sights. This was how it all began. A first generation measured in hundreds of thousands lived in their limboland, a Turk whose timeline froze in 1950 who was alienated to his own society by every passing year, never accepted by Germans as an equal, just a passer-by, someone to be exploited. His sons and daughters, second and third generations lived the hell on earth, facing an antiquated version of their parents national values and a society who never accepted them. Some chose to decline their heritage and try to adapt, never suceeded while others were easy prey for fundamentalism as a self defense for their "percieved" enemy.

It is now the 5-6th generations, this story became complicated with illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, growing tensions with rising racism, but nevertheless they are not the aggresors who parachuted to your backyards or streets overnight. Europe called them for self interest and now calling them the enemy.

My advice for handling this problem : Give them what they want :They want Sharia-Law for those who would accept it ? Give them, let the fanatics cut a few hands and see who would follow them, marginalize the pricks by exposing their true face to those who are in their vicinity. Protect anyone who chooses to leave the sect. Sometimes dreams are very powerful and seems to unite people for a good/bad cause, show them that theirs is actually a nightmare (maybe it is not). Don't make theşr dream more valuable by denying it.

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Okay so if I'm a farmer and I bring a couple of farm hands on, and they're illegal immigrants from Mexico say, and barely speak a word of English... and I take advantage of their situation to play them like crap and I make them sleep in the barn...

if later on they start killing my livestock and eating it, raping my daughters, and chopping down my trees, and leaving garbage everywhere and assaulting me when I try to stop them, do I need to just say "well I brought them here... and I did it in a way that may not have been maximally moral and righteous... so I guess I just need to face the reality now" ?

fuck no, I get my shotgun out and see them off my land, being entirely prepared to shoot them if they won't go, in fact, hoping for just that.

A question worth asking is why didn't these people have their shit together in their home countries sufficiently to not need to go to western countries under such poor terms in the first place?

By their fruits you shall know them. There is a reason the third world is a shit hole, full of too many people who will do just about anything for money, it's because the people there can't do any better, they've had plenty of time to show that they could. Bring them to first world countries in sufficient quantity, allow them to gain political power and numerical superiority... and kiss western civilization goodbye.

Last edited:

Oric

Oct 11, 1999
@geosurface

Your example is not far from truth.

(1) You brought slaves from Africa, used their free/cheap labor to make your civilization strong & prosper. It took hundreds of years for these people to gain civil rights yet the discrimination in the minds never ended. Result ? Your country has a real problem with its black citizens. High crime rate, higher social problem rate (teen pregnancy, single mothers etc.) and a distrust to white people. You have black ghettos in almost every city.

(2) You have closed your eyes on illegal immigration from Mexico and other Latin countries (because of economic benefits and basically you did not want to clean public toilets yourself), you have treated them badly like your hypothetical farm example. Result ? You have gang problems in major cities, especially south, refusal of integration with English and Protestant values.

Basically even without religion people and societies tend to segragate and group on anything you can think of skin color, etnic backround and the beneficiary group always pays for its sociological and anthropological sins in later generations. May I ask if you plan to deport groups 1 & 2 besides the Muslims ?

Yes, your civilization maybe in danger, but deporting the minorities that you don't like is not the solution, forcing people to choose between their beliefs and their lives is not the solution. You have to think harder.

A question worth asking is why didn't these people have their shit together in their home countries sufficiently to not need to go to western countries under such poor terms in the first place?

Because your civilization was better at colonizing and merchantalizm then their ancestors. This situation changes through out history, temporarily you are better at having your shit together, that does not make you and your country the ultimate role model.

Last edited: