RINO Jeff Flake says don’t vote Trump

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Jeff Flake?
Really?
Isn't he the guy that "pretended" brett kavanaugh was a problem and unworthy, then in the end Flake sided with his republican buddies and voted for brett kavanaugh?
And the same goes for Susan Collins. I wouldn't trust anything she says either.
Hopefully both Collins and Flake will be gone soon.
They pretend to be middle of the road and reasonable but both are hard right republicans when all is said and done.
They play both sides of the fence. I hate politicians that play both sides of the fence.

Flake's been gone since January.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Opportunities to oppose on what exactly? You seem to have missed it, but Flake is a conservative republican and he doesn't disagree with the bulk of Trump's policies. He has, however, consistently called out Trump for corruption and dishonestly. And no, he didn't say Trump is "kinda bad." If you've actually listened to what he's said, then you're just lying.

You just don't like republicans. And that's fine. Neither do I in general. But Flake's remarks about Trump, which have been dead on for going on three years now, a piece of shit is not a good look. This is the sort of behavior we want to encourage.
I think the reason why most of us take issue with Jeff Flake is because he's calling out a symptom of deliberate GOP policy without calling out institutional GOP tactics to brainwash and radicalize their base that led to Trump being elected. He's upset at the monster that GOP created but he's not willing to call out the vast GOP apparatus that is responsible for paving the way for Trump to become president of the US.

He's barking at the wrong dog.

Reactions: jman19 and dank69

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Yeah - In all honestly I don't care if the guy voted with Trump the whole time... Policy isn't so much my issue as the ethics.

I also believe in one not being damned for their entire life... even if they previously were for Trump and come out against him going into a major election, I can still give them kudos for that.

Is there something you are trying to tell us?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I think the reason why most of us take issue with Jeff Flake is because he's calling out a symptom of deliberate GOP policy without calling out institutional GOP tactics to brainwash and radicalize their base that led to Trump being elected. He's upset at the monster that GOP created but he's not willing to call out the vast GOP apparatus that is responsible for paving the way for Trump to become president of the US.

He's barking at the wrong dog.

Well, he's barking at the right dog, or at least a right dog. I'm sure we'd all love him to go further and criticize Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and everyone else responsible for radicalization of the right. But before you dump on Flake, consider that there are dozens of GOP in the Senate right now who have never had a word of criticism for the most corrupt POTUS this country has ever seen. We call them pieces of shit, collectively, but they don't get singled out. Flake gets singled out because has stood up for three years over and over again to tell us how corrupt and unethical Trump is. Kind of ironic, eh?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah - In all honestly I don't care if the guy voted with Trump the whole time... Policy isn't so much my issue as the ethics.

I also believe in one not being damned for their entire life... even if they previously were for Trump and come out against him going into a major election, I can still give them kudos for that.

But he still only started getting louder about Trump when he announced that he would resign. He gave up all actual power to influence what he claimed was his moral objections. He left the game, essentially insuring that his replacement would come from the same sort of batshit cabal that supports Donny Twoscoops. His actions--voting in lockstep, thus always enabling Trump, and seceding power to more Trump acolytes--speak far more louder than his words.

Reactions: darkswordsman17

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Well, he's barking at the right dog, or at least a right dog. I'm sure we'd all love him to go further and criticize Fox News, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh and everyone else responsible for radicalization of the right. But before you dump on Flake, consider that there are dozens of GOP in the Senate right now who have never had a word of criticism for the most corrupt POTUS this country has ever seen. We call them pieces of shit, collectively, but they don't get singled out. Flake gets singled out because has stood up for three years over and over again to tell us how corrupt and unethical Trump is. Kind of ironic, eh?
It may be unfair to single out Jeff Flake, I'll agree with you here. However, he is absolutely barking at the wrong dog. Trump is a symptom, not the cause, Trump is a manifestation of disease that has festered in GOP since as early as Nixon/Reagan. Even if Trump were to be removed, the Fox News, Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Alex Jones and like of social media, and Rush Limbaugh and the rest of AM radio are going to remain and will continue brainwashing and radicalizing their listeners. I think we actually got lucky this time around because Trump is so incompetent that he just may get impeached, but I fear of what will happen if the next "Trump" is going to be smart enough not to get caught. If that were to happen we're doomed.

So yes, Jeff Flake is nothing but an empty suit.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
It is funny how most of those who would vote for Trump in 2020 are saying that Flake is all talk and no action!
Yet those who oppse Trump in 2020 are saying -- It` about time or better late than never.....as P&N turns!!

Mar 11, 2004
Opportunities to oppose on what exactly? You seem to have missed it, but Flake is a conservative republican and he doesn't disagree with the bulk of Trump's policies. He has, however, consistently called out Trump for corruption and dishonestly. And no, he didn't say Trump is "kinda bad." If you've actually listened to what he's said, then you're just lying.

You just don't like republicans. And that's fine. Neither do I in general. But Flake's remarks about Trump, which have been dead on for going on three years now, a piece of shit is not a good look. This is the sort of behavior we want to encourage.

Are you fucking kidding me? Maybe not support most of his shit policies by having voted to enable them? Which Flake fucking did before he ran off because he knew people were sick of his fucking two-faced bullshit. Maybe make a big fuss in the Senate and demand they do something about their own shithead President instead of being a crybaby that ran away instead of dealing with the situation? FYI Flake has had a shitty approval rating, and he had it before Turmp, because he's a piece of fucking shit and everyone could see it, just like they can with Turmp. I reiterate, fuck him and fuck Turmp too.

Yes, I live in Arizona, I'm aware of who the fuck Flake is. Why do you think I already know he's a piece of shit? Yeah fat lot of fucking good calling it out has done. Meanwhile he still voted to support Turmp at every fucking turn. If you think that's really calling it out then you're a goddamned moron. It actually does boil down to him pretty much saying that Turmp is kinda bad because if he actually thought Turmp was more than that he had opportunity to do something about it and didn't (and then literally quit instead of trying to do something about it). I have listened to him, enough to know how full of fucking shit he is. Which apparently you're willing to overlook how he sure talked a lot but when it came time to act he still gave Turmp what he wanted. But hey let's throw him a fucking parade for saying what basically everyone can see while not letting that change how he acted at all. We should crown him captain fucking obvious. Sorry, you don't get medals for calling out shitty behavior that you deliberately enabled.

You're, right, I don't like Republicans when they're pieces of shit like Flake has been. I'll tell you something else, I also don't like asswipes like you trying to fluff up these full of shit motherfuckers. If you can't see that Flake is a piece of shit, just like Romney is as well, then, well you deserve Turmp, because that's what led to this is idiots overlooking all the horrible shit Republicans were doing just as long as they at least pretended to be "respectful" and were willing to call out only the most heinous of behavior, which let someone willing to be honest about being such a scumsucking mother fucker hijack their party and then enact as many of their policies as they could. Sorry, fuck, that, shit. And then you wonder how the Republicans ended up like this? Because you fucking morons keep giving them every opportunity to be this way as long as they're nice about it you're fine with them fucking everyone over.

Being a two faced coward is behavior we want to encourage? Because that's what Flake is. He wasn't willing to put his money where his mouth is, so his words mean less than nothing.

Flake wants people to listen? He needs to admit his role and that its more than Turmp that is the fucking problem here. But he won't because he's a piece of shit. Watch, the moment Turmp is gone, Flake will run again, and he'll be back to being a piece of shit just like he was, enabling the horrible shit Republicans have been doing. Hell, just watch, Flake will run as Arizona's new "Maverick", and we'll end up with another 30 years of two-face bullshit Arizona Senators, just like McCain. And him and Cindy can get back to eating each other's shit and pretending that they're not just as big of pieces of shit because well they're nice and respectable about it.

I'm glad that he apparently is willing to put nothing on the line and pops out every so often to call out behavior that most decent people called out long before he did and never stopped calling out. If you wanna champion him as some hero of the people well that's your right. But I'm not going to let you pretend like he's not a piece of shit. He should be answering for his role in all of this and I'm not gonna let him mouthing empty words absolve him of it. Which, I'm not sure why you think his empty words will reach the right wing idiots any better now. They were already telling him to fuck off before he quit. And on that, I'm inclined to agree with them.

You wanna know what Flake is really worried about? He's worried that Turmp will be such an albatross for Republicans that it might finally make people realize how truly shitty the GOP has been and start to stop the blind madness of voting for them no matter what, and so he might have a hard time of winning office again. That's what he's worried about. Not sure why, as he'll probably just change his party affiliation and the idiots willing to overlook how full of shit he is probably won't mind. Hell they'll probably even become big fans as now they can vote for a Democrat, who cares if he still votes like a Republican as long as he says he's a Democrat? After all that's all you need is empty words.

Reactions: Maxima1

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Flake (a Goldwater Institute hack) had zero issues with Trump’s agenda; he just thought that Trump is gauche. Flake thinks that Republicans should be more like Bill Buckley as they give America a hoggin’.

Mar 11, 2004
But he still only started getting louder about Trump when he announced that he would resign. He gave up all actual power to influence what he claimed was his moral objections. He left the game, essentially insuring that his replacement would come from the same sort of batshit cabal that supports Donny Twoscoops. His actions--voting in lockstep, thus always enabling Trump, and seceding power to more Trump acolytes--speak far more louder than his words.

Funny enough, a Democrat actually won his vacant seat, but it was close, and it was McSally (which I think even a lot of Republicans dislike her) that lost. Granted she then was given McCain's seat thanks to the shitty Governor, and next time I have a hunch either Flake will be back (although I don't think he's terribly popular with Rs either but he is still an R) or they'll have another R that isn't as despised to go up against the Democrat.

It may be unfair to single out Jeff Flake, I'll agree with you here. However, he is absolutely barking at the wrong dog. Trump is a symptom, not the cause, Trump is a manifestation of disease that has festered in GOP since as early as Nixon/Reagan. Even if Trump were to be removed, the Fox News, Hannity, Jeanine Pirro, Alex Jones and like of social media, and Rush Limbaugh and the rest of AM radio are going to remain and will continue brainwashing and radicalizing their listeners. I think we actually got lucky this time around because Trump is so incompetent that he just may get impeached, but I fear of what will happen if the next "Trump" is going to be smart enough not to get caught. If that were to happen we're doomed.

So yes, Jeff Flake is nothing but an empty suit.

Much more eloquently (and succinctly) put than mine, but that's the gist of my feelings on Flake.

Flake absolutely knows it too, his barking is intentionally at the wrong tree because he's trying to save face for himself most of all.