Ring Allegedly Hid Meth in Elmo Dolls

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Ring Allegedly Hid Meth in Elmo Dolls
By COLLEEN SLEVIN, Associated Press Writer
3 hours ago

DENVER - Drug agents broke up an aggressive northern Colorado ring that shipped methamphetamine hidden in Elmo dolls and other toys, authorities said Wednesday.

The alleged ringleader was among 19 people in custody, authorities said. Agents said they seized more than 45 pounds of what they described as high-quality methamphetamine worth $864,000 and capable of supplying 4 million doses.

U.S. Attorney Troy Eid said the alleged ringleader, Rigoverto Valle-Sierra, was arrested Tuesday in Greeley after a yearlong investigation that stretched from Colorado to California.

Jeffrey D. Sweetin, special agent in charge of the federal Drug Enforcement Administration's Rocky Mountain Region, said Valle-Sierra was working with about five methamphetamine rings.

"I've never seen a meth arrest have more impact than this one," he said.

Officials said Valle-Sierra was trying to take over the methamphetamine trade in northern Colorado with an operation that used night-vision goggles and bulletproof vests.

Sweetin said agents believe Valle-Sierra bought methamphetamine in the Los Angeles area but it was probably made in a large lab in Mexico.

d3n

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2004
Thats fjacked. Think about the kids those dolls were sold to. Talk about getting messed up. They basically breath and eat them.

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I saw a news clip of that on the news. Picture a map of the U.S, a bag of cocaine and a smiling elmo doll all on the same screen. It was priceless, too bad I couldn't get a screen cap.