Feb 25, 2011
I didn't see any threads on this.

I never played Dwarf Fortress, which I gather the game is heavily "inspired" by, but it's an interesting combination of The Sims and MineCraft, I guess.

I played quite a bit this weekend, even reaching endgame, with a stable, sustainable, and easy to defend colony. Bbut my map had NO plasteel so I just used God Mode to build a spaceship, rather than waiting for traders to come by.

Despite being technically in Alpha, it's quite stable (no errors, CTDs, etc.) There also appears to be quite a few mods available.

Graphics are late-90's 2D. Adequate but not spectacular. (Kinda like Xenonauts.)

Probably worth the $30 (Steam). Especially since it's one more game that I can play on Linux.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I've been playing it a bit and like it a lot, very addictive game and a great time waster

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
It's quite fun, far more simple than DF was a decade ago, but still fun. The UI is about a billion times more usable than DF btw.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
I have to say, after watching a few let's plays of this I decided to purchase this and gotta say I am liking it very much.

Took a few tries to start out but now getting the hang of it. Had a couple of fun little moments one for example was had a flash store, bunt down part of my crop and buildings then had a mad boomalop and then a raid. out of the 5 people I had only 2 survived, now slowly building up. Oh and a bear ate my cat