Rightstuf Sale on Funimation Anime Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
They even have Blu Ray sets for cheap. For instance, Full Metal Panic! on DVD for $30 or BD for $33 (full box set).

Initial D season 1 box set $15!!!

Last Exile DVD for $24 or BD for $27. I paid $120 for the DVD box set when it first came out (bought at Rightstuf, of course).

All kinds of good stuff!

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
The one funimation series I was keeping an eye on actually went slightly up in price. Season 1 and Season 2 were $15 each, now they're $18 :(. Apparently Deepdiscount is having a sale on Bandai series as well. A post at slickdeals details both sales and lists notable prices for each.

They even have Blu Ray sets for cheap. For instance, Full Metal Panic! on DVD for $30 or BD for $33 (full box set).

Initial D season 1 box set $15!!!

Last Exile DVD for $24 or BD for $27. I paid $120 for the DVD box set when it first came out (bought at Rightstuf, of course).

All kinds of good stuff!

If you're fine with the thinpack, FMP is available in the bargain bin for $25. Also, $120 for a box set, damn! Was that at least the version with the figurine and other extras?

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I already have FMP! and all the sequels. For Last Exile I got the Alvin figurine. Like I said, bought it when it was first released as a box, so $120 was a decent deal at the time (MSRP $200!!!).

Some good stuff listed at Slickdeals from both places. Here are my recommendations for anime noobs from their two lists:

Full Metal Panic! - All series are good, but I enjoyed the original and TSR more than FUMOFFU. This is one part fighting mechs and one part high school love comedy.

Initial D Stage 1 - The whole reason "drifting" is popular. The animation art is "different" but once you get past it, the story and action are compelling.

Last Exile - Wow, what can I say. I remember waiting for the fansub every Thursday. HAD to buy it when it came out. This is set in an alternate universe that is almost like the middle ages, but with flying ships! Two opposing kingdoms are on a collision course to annihilation which only a small group of unlikely heroes can stop. Awesome animation and story!

Suzuka - $12 is a smokin' deal for this high school romance/sport drama.

Banner of the Stars II & Crest of the Stars - This is a really solid space drama.

Cowboy Bebop - Great series with one of the best soundtracks of all time (that's counting movies too). An eclectic group of bounty hunters chase fugitives in space... as well as their past. Great action and the second half of the series really digs down into the story.

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Damn, you really seem to like Last Exile. I wasn't intending to, but I just may purchase it. Although apparently I'll have to tack on $3 for shipping...hmmm.

I'm opposite of you regarding FMP!. I preferred fumoffu, although I don't think it would be nearly as good if you haven't seen the original. Plus, I find I'm drawn to those slow type anime where nothing is really going on.

Also, what's the deal with shipping? The FAQ page mentions something about having someone home to sign for it? Is that really necessary, or will they just drop it off?

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
damn you Yu Yu Hakusho complete series is like $72, thats a lot of money for something i can watch online for free >.<

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Full Metal Panic / FUMOFFO / Second Raid are great deals, but I already own them.

Burst Angel is harmless fun, and the 24-episode blu-ray set is down to $27

Kurau Phantom Memory at $18 on DVD for 24 episodes is worth it if you like character-driven SF

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Damn, you really seem to like Last Exile. I wasn't intending to, but I just may purchase it. Although apparently I'll have to tack on $3 for shipping...hmmm.

Yeah, I really like Last Exile. Very good story driven and animated. Decent soundtrack (not as good as Cowboy Bebop or Noir in this respect). Heck, if you live near 53144 I'd invite you over to watch it.

Ground shipping is free if you can bump your order to $50 or more.

I find I'm drawn to those slow type anime where nothing is really going on.

You mean "slice of life" style?

Also, what's the deal with shipping? The FAQ page mentions something about having someone home to sign for it? Is that really necessary, or will they just drop it off?

Strange... I don't recall having to sign for my orders from Rightstuf.

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Ok..... am I the only one who read that as "Anime Titties" at first glance?

Terzo

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2005
Yeah, I really like Last Exile. Very good story driven and animated. Decent soundtrack (not as good as Cowboy Bebop or Noir in this respect). Heck, if you live near 53144 I'd invite you over to watch it.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm in the DC area. Would be quite a drive. I'll get it eventually, if not during this sale.

Ground shipping is free if you can bump your order to $50 or more.
Yeah, it's just a matter of finding something else that I both want and don't have.

You mean "slice of life" style?
Yeah. I'd say my favorites are probably Minami-Ke and Sketchbook, so of course neither of those have been released in the states.

Strange... I don't recall having to sign for my orders from Rightstuf.
Oh. Maybe it's just a cover their ass kind of thing?

03CobraSC

Oct 1, 2010
The Bandai DVD sale from DeepDiscount is now expired. Verified that prices are back up. The Funimation sale at rightstuf.com ends tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.