Rights contradiction?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Since you obviously think same-sex marriage is NOT good for society, where's your support for that contention?

Let's me shoot down one obvious argument you'll try to make:

Raising children? Nope. Tax deductions for dependents are available to both married and unmarried parents. And more than 50% of children in America are born out of wedlock. Furthermore, lots of married heterosexual couples have no children and many are incapable of having children (yet we allow such couples to marry). Finally, many, many gays are capable of having and raising children (sperm banks, surrogate mothers, adoptions). So it's rather difficult to argue that there's any child-raising benefit to being married, or any benefit that's exclusive to heterosexuals that wouldn't also accrue to gays.

So explain to us how heterosexual marriages are "good," yet same-sex marriages would not be "good" in exactly the same way?

So your argument is that marriage has no purpose. Then we should eliminate it not expand it.

EDIT: And it is bad for society because it will decrease tax revenues and increase burdens on divorce courts.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Raising children? Nope. Tax deductions for dependents are available to both married and unmarried parents. And more than 50% of children in America are born out of wedlock.

Except this is no something that is good or should be supported by society.

Every time poverty is brought up single mothers invariably follows. But maybe you are not bothered by child poverty? :rolleyes:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
What are "gay rights?" How are they different than "straight rights?"

By the way...the US of A isn't a "democracy," we're a constitutional republic.

There IS a difference.

There is no difference between rights as far as straight or gay. Given the history of the phrase/distinction, it's probable that it was started and has been promulgated by our friends on the Religious Right; sorry, I believe they now wish to be referred to as "evangelical conservatives".

Actually, governmentally speaking, we have elements of both a representative democracy and a constitutional republic. What our governmental form is on an individual basis is more about whether there's a D or R after their name. Independents of course are free to pick and choose as they like.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Marriage is beneficial to society as long as married couples stay true to their vows.

Too many cases are arising where irreconcilable differences is a valid reason for divorce, or we just "grew apart". People are physically and emotionally checking out of their marriages these days and don't want to work on them anymore. Someone makes you unhappy, burns the food, watches too much sports.. yeah, go find a frivolous reason to divorce them.

Same-sex marriage does no better. It only causes more confusion, I personally think. Little John may be wondering why he doesn't have a mom like all his friends in his Eight Grade Science class does. Or why his mom isn't a woman. Or why mom can't have carry a baby like all his friends moms. Oh why he is teased because he has two dads....

What benefits society is for people to change their attitudes toward things, and marriage in general. It's silly to think that same-sex marriage is gonna makes things any different/better, either.

Those are societal/people problems. If "Little John" is being raised by two women or two men; chances are he's had the relationship explained to him in an age appropriate way long before the eighth grade. He's probably also had explained the narrow-mindedness of a lot of adults & children in our society and been told to ignore them and their bigotry.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Damage to population is the only issue I have logically with that promiscuity and lifestyle. There's no gay sex in heaven, so, live it up.

That and I think prudence to your insult. Read Proverbs, it is instruction. I am not a fanatic, I am kind and caring to all walks of life, even animals.

BTW: The filth in the mix of man member to animal orifice and male or female anus is the comparison, not the thinking. I meant no insult, it was a simple preaching. I apologize if you took offense from a science based factual writing.

There is no heaven. Live it up!!

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Sodomy has an involvement of a member and an anus. An anus includes fecal matter which carries many diseases, like animals. Basically comparing sodomy health wise to sleeping with animals. With all this resource and ten fingers and ten toes mixing it, along with our opinions. How do we exist? Space exploded and made a sphere with 7 continents and/or 1 that split to 7. But no real proof of it. Religion seems to be really popular in this world. Christians being some of the best people, and having full faith in God, do to signs that were shown to them by Him. According to their testimonies in belief of "The Father Of All Truth." So we just popped into existence, or are created by a "Creator." Argumentatively. So in the context of the creator God, he is against sodomy, and "Marriage" Is a religious sanctimony; therefore making "Gay Marriage" Sacrilegious. Because a Creator would fully understand the FILTH of Feces and the damage to population growth(Be Fruitful and Multiply). So God would as our creator, which is the most popular name to people; Would disagree with homosexuality. Or any "Creator" in that sense. Then with the thoughts or lack there of a "Creator." As the human race we should be preserving our lives and living as long of a life as possible therefore avoiding all blights to our flesh.

In the context of the "Human Race" Homosexuality causes Aids and other STD s possibly. I have not studies sodomy. Aids damages our immune system and spreads very easily. So with sexual promiscuity in society and Liberals accepting everybody as they are; instead of acting against or teaching against, as parents or as friends: male or female. So the point of this little chunk of text is to explain population detriment VIA Homosexuality, and sexual promiscuity.

To be honest from my opinions. I do not mind homosexuals in the least bit, i worry for their health; And the human race. Also if our Creator is God, I feel bad for him watching it. If you read Genesis it says that God walked with us and is Almighty, All Powerful, and All Knowing along with being Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and The End, and The First and The Last. Meaning has every power, Knows all on the mix of mass and craftsmanship, Top and Greatest, Creator of us and our Life Expectancy, and the only one of his kind. It also says that he walked with us. The Great I AM. If you check some christian songs like "mercyme - Only You Remain." is says Quote "We sing Holy, THE ONLY UNCREATED ONE" meaning that "The Holy Spirit is the beginning of time. ever have inappropriate thoughts that don't really seem like you? Well my friend that animal is called a Devil. Ever get an urge to your chest to do something, well my friend; that animal is called a Devil.

BTW I am All Understanding like King Solomon, which is a different functionality of mind than normal mankind and I converse with God Regularly. We are made of Microscopic specs of dust culminated in pattern to make perpetual energy and reproduction mixed in density and form to culminate us and the universe.

search "how do we exist."

Nemesis 1 has an admirer/disciple?