Righties, state your position on the events of 1/6/21

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Here is your chance to tell everyone how you condemn what transpired on our nation's capital on Wednesday the sixth, 2021. Now is the time to proclaim loudly that you as a current American, find that the storming of the US capital, while in session, while finalizing the most sacred of democratic events, a democratic election, was abhorrent to everything this country stands for.

Make no mistake your silence on this matter will speak volumes about you. If you don't want to be branded a traitor, a supporter of sedition against this country and our democracy, then I encourage you to tell us so. To remain silent on this matter after thousands of posts where you defended trump, where you complained of authoritarian/fascists/communist and whatever buzzword you thought were cute at the time to describe liberals or anyone who disagreed with, will stain your reputation for life.

Of course I'm a nobody and you owe no explanation to me but if you can't declare your allegiance to this country, to an anonymous person while you yourself are anonymous and you can't bring yourself to admit that following trump was a mistake then you won't be able to do it in person when you are face to face with your friends and family members. If you can't even do that then there will be no unity or forgiveness, there will be no kid glove treatment as your inability to condemn such actions only solidifies that it is you who is antidemocratic, it is you who hates this country, it is you who hates the constitution, it is you who has divided this nation, and it is you who has, indirectly, made this country worse.

So tell us all now, under no uncertainty, without using whataboutism, that you condemn these actions, explain to us why you do, explain to us why this was wrong. Now is your chance.

Reactions: Lezunto
Mar 11, 2004
It seems with the vacuum those right wingers left on here (is it embarrassment or is it because they're busy answering questions to police...), it appears that we've got the devil's advocates getting very concerned that the fine people that ran along with the "real bad hombres" might get unfairly punished for their role in trying to overthrow the government (cause they were just there to get selfies for instagram dontchaknow?) or that it'll trigger a civil war (nevermind, that as usual its the white supremacist assholes who are calling for violence, but hey, let's wait 100 days, we need one of those signs "_ days til its ok or else civil war" apparently).

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
When they wonder why they’ve lost everything, their friends, their family, their job, their sense of self worth, their humanity, it’s because they chose a cult over everything else.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I asked my in-laws. FIL said "How could anyone know who the people actually were." <puke>

I think they are just honestly ignorant and clueless of the world, but their identity is being an unquestioning republican.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I asked my in-laws. FIL said "How could anyone know who the people actually were." <puke>

I think they are just honestly ignorant and clueless of the world, but their identity is being an unquestioning republican.
How could anyone they you know they were trump supporters? Other than the flags, signs, chants, him speaking at their rally, and the charging documents at their felony arraignments.. I mean really how could anyone know who these people were?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
How could anyone they you know they were trump supporters? Other than the flags, signs, chants, him speaking at their rally, and the charging documents at their felony arraignments.. I mean really how could anyone know who these people were?

They read a Parler post that said ANTIFA and BLM did a false flag attack. They pushed that woman into the window!

How? They only hear what they want to hear. Which amounts to whatever makes them feel better. Your notion does not, therefore it doesn't exist. You are just "fake news".

Reactions: dank69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Is the topic / question reserved for people who ever voted for Trump? Not a fit, but given where I started in 2004, and how I don't subscribe to the orthodoxy on many topics (read: we disagree), maybe I'll give a helping hand.

Force and violence has no place in our Government. Congress, as our representatives, need to be free of threats of force, of coercion and corruption. I oppose Riots and I oppose violent mobs that damage property and or break into buildings. Overrunning the protectors of Congress is a deplorable act that should have been met with many more shots fired inside the building, by its defenders. I am shocked that they were so passive. Disappointed that they were not effective and basically failed their job.

America deserves better than the violent event of 1-6-2021.
I condemn its perpetrators and supporters.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't think there are many here that condone what happened on the 6th. I think any and all that invaded the capital building should be caught and be penalized to the maximum extent allowed by the law.
Couple of questions.

Are you surprised this happened?
Do you think Trump incited their insurrection?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I find amazing those who still can't admit they were wrong. For 4 years they trashed people for seeing Trump for who he was. TDS blah blah blah. And when he does what those people thought he was capable of.. crickets.

That’s why I made this thread. If people can’t easily call out this behavior for what it is then they (those who have been so vocal in defending/supporting this president for the last 5 years) support it and their support makes them a traitor and an enemy of our democracy and they will be treated as such.

Btw, just in case there was some sort of concern about freedom of speech and oppression, let me remind folks that the constitution specifically tasks the government with stopping such behavior.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Judging by some post in OT, I think the issue is that a lot of righties got turned off to the sub because of the constant "Fact checking", "Follow ups" ,"Intolerance of fallacies" that would occur when they would post stuff.
Still crack up when I see the posts by that asshole who tried to start a topic based on White nationalist bullshit from 19th century.
What's left are the idiots and those who simply enjoy the sport of trying to poke holes and topic shift.

There is still the old guard righties (pre tea party asshole GOP) who probably have some things to say but are embarrassed to be associated with the remaining new school righties that post nonsense. Actually I bet they have been lumped in with the non righties.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
I think the events of the last 4 years and especially of the last week proves there are no checks and balances in our government. As long as the party in power hold the key's to failsafe's those don't exist either.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think the events of the last 4 years and especially of the last week proves there are no checks and balances in our government. As long as the party in power hold the key's to failsafe's those don't exist either.

Sliding away into nebulous generality... Trump's lies fomented insurrection.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

The checks and balances requires multiple parties/individuals to agree to abide by the system/rules/laws we've created. This, however, is true of any society. The fact that we had so many people and a whole party not agree to abide by those rules/laws is very concerning. Its also why there must be consequences to their actions and the actions of trump, failure to hold people accountable weakens our society even more.

I don't think people understand the seriousness of what happened on the sixth or perhaps they, like I was, are in shock and cannot understand how we got here or why.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Yeah, our government relied on people being honorable for the most part. We really need to enshrine into law some of our "norms'. But unfortunately with senators like Manchin, it's not happening anytime soon.

Mar 11, 2004
Judging by some post in OT, I think the issue is that a lot of righties got turned off to the sub because of the constant "Fact checking", "Follow ups" ,"Intolerance of fallacies" that would occur when they would post stuff.
Still crack up when I see the posts by that asshole who tried to start a topic based on White nationalist bullshit from 19th century.
What's left are the idiots and those who simply enjoy the sport of trying to poke holes and topic shift.

There is still the old guard righties (pre tea party asshole GOP) who probably have some things to say but are embarrassed to be associated with the remaining new school righties that post nonsense. Actually I bet they have been lumped in with the non righties.

You're right, but when they're idiots that are outraged by a horse rapist having his guns taken away and sent for a psych eval before having his court case heard (and not you know, the guy raping a horse), I'm quite glad they've been pussy ass bitches that ran off like the crybaby bitch that they idolize.

Which, OT might be more of a cesspit than P&N these days. Bunch of P&N topics where they think just saying "no politics!" about issues that are inherently political or they're trying to make political themselves (while demanding no one questions or refutes their bullshit), a couple of the weakass buster trolls posting their inane shit that has never been funny or interesting. Half the other threads are like 3 people trying to brag about cooking shit (often in threads that make no sense to be doing that) and then circle jerk of people smelling their own farts over it. I do get a laugh that probably the most active food thread is the fast/junk food one though, that's more honest ATOT. Also I'm surprised as there's very little of the typical "Five Guys sucks, Subway isn't fit to be the container for my $2 10lb local NY deli sandwich" ATOTism in it.

I didn't realize UglyCassanova had still been posting here like the entire time. I thought he ran off in embarrassment after he finally fessed up to having voted for Turmp.

Which P&N seeming better I think is because I also started ignoring people that won't stop letting the dipshit clownservatives try to derail every thread by posting bullshit over and over leading to half the pages of the thread being just circular arguments of them stating the same bullshit lie over and over while like one or two other people keep going "nuh-uh you're lying". Unfortunately it seems like I might need to do another round of that with the ones trying to act like we should give a slap on the wrist to most of the assholes that partook in the attempted coup. I might check back and see how many of the others are still endlessly responding to the dipshits. And to be fair, I do occasionally address them as well when I see particularly virulently stupid posts by them (usually after seeing people that typically don't take the bait for long responding to one of the dipshits).

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yeah, our government relied on people being honorable for the most part. We really need to enshrine into law some of our "norms'. But unfortunately with senators like Manchin, it's not happening anytime soon.

It depends on voters being able to make rational decisions. Decades of corrosive right wing mind rot have deprived all too many Americans of that ability. Incapacitate the head on their shoulders & they'll think with the head on their dick. Flood the zone to keep 'em that way.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just saw a video of people who really need to be locked up in looney bins, harassing some Democratic congressman at Dulles airport. Theses people are way worse than I could ever imagine. Thanks, Fox, Drudge, Stormfront for making this country unmanageable without having to crack down and really take away your freedom to destroy it.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Just saw a video of people who really need to be locked up in looney bins, harassing some Democratic congressman at Dulles airport. Theses people are way worse than I could ever imagine. Thanks, Fox, Drudge, Stormfront for making this country unmanageable without having to crack down and really take away your freedom to destroy it.

Yeah, I saw that too. IMO he should really have pressed charges. You really shouldn't just let this stuff slide, because more of the lemmings will think it looks like fun. They eat their own in a second as well. Like right after Lindsey Graham suggested Trump went to far sending a Mob to storm the Capital, and he also was harassed in an airport.

Do they just hang out in airports looking for people to harass?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
With link this time.

Congressman harassed at DC area airport (cnn.com)

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
They read a Parler post that said ANTIFA and BLM did a false flag attack. They pushed that woman into the window!

It must be terrifying to believe that ANTIFA did it.

Because if ANTIFA did this, they have freaking super powers.

Because they disappeared after without a single one being caught: So Ninjas?
Because they mind controlled Trump supporters into doing despicable things. So Jedi?
Because they didn't show up on any camera footage. So Vampires?

I know couldn't sleep at night if I thought unstoppable ANTIFA Vampire Jedi Ninjas were out there working against me.