Right to free speech? Sure as long as you don't dis obamacare

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
much todoo about nothing we already didn`t know......

Rudder has a habit of attempting to make a mountain out of a mole hill.....lol

Freshgeardude

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2006
First off, making stupid judgments about me is stupid. I pay crap-load in taxes, and do not file for EIC. Secondly, I was accepted into Med School, but didnt follow through because I wanted to make money, lots of it. Going into the profession with the intent of making money is one of the things wrong with our medical system. I did not want to contribute to that. So now I make tons of money in another industry :)

Abuse of power is all relative. Let the government abuse some power to do good for the majoirty.

lol just like in the other thread, you prove your radical leftist agenda.

We dont need a larger government telling US what WE need. We should be able to decide for ourselves if we want health care.

you also probably think unemployment checks should be dished out for 2 years for the lazy, and that the government should be bailing out government motors and AIG

I honestly fear one day, because of people like you, we will have a government like that in the book 1984, where people live under strict rule or like in the movie "demolition man" where the government has a fine for everything they feel is wrong, like cursing in public

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Let's say a car company has to put another brake light in a car, which adds to the production cost. They issue a press release saying next year's model will be $100 more because of these mandates... should the government slap them down and threaten them because of that disclosure?

Here is what the thread is about (please read S L O W). obamacare mandates will cost more. Health insurance companies submit increase requests to state regulators. Insurance companies go on record saying a percentage of the increase is caused by obamacare. DHHS says that this is misinformation and say they will watch and punish companies that say this stuff. Even though the DHHS came out with the same assessment albeit at a slightly lower (7% vs 9%) rate. I cannot make this any clearer.

save your obama ass licking for another thread and focus on the intent of this thread please. Or better yet, go find a thread that discusses the merits (or extreme lack thereof) of obamacare.

You should really work on holding your emotions in check. If not, you end up calling people ignorant fools and in the process reveal your own ignorance.

Turns out your reading comprehension is faulty. What Sebelius said was:

""[We] will require state or federal review of all potentially unreasonable rate increases filed by health insurers. ... We will also keep track of insurers with a record of unjustified rate increases: those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014. Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections."

In other words, insurance companies will be punished for unjustified rate increases, not for "saying stuff."

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Add up all the years needed to specialize then subtract income lost due to not earning pay while in school. Then there are educational loans etc. Then add in the intangibles such as if you screw up it's not like you can add cheese to the burger. It's a qualitatively different level of responsibility than someone who just works with mere money.

I'm still interested in how much he thinks people ought to be paid.

This reminds me of people discussing educator salaries. "They should be doing it for the love of teaching" which means "I don't think they should get paid what they do".

Yeah there's no doubt they have to go through quite a bit to becomes doctors. Lawyers and CPA's go through about the same amount of schooling (but not the residency) and make about half as much. I wouldn't argue the point though. What doctors do requires immense skill and is very important. I thought it edifying to link how much they do make though. They certainly aren't underpaid.

- wolf

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah there's no doubt they have to go through quite a bit to becomes doctors. Lawyers and CPA's go through about the same amount of schooling (but not the residency) and make about half as much. I wouldn't argue the point though. What doctors do requires immense skill and is very important. I thought it edifying to link how much they do make though. They certainly aren't underpaid.

- wolf

Only a Democrat could believe the lie that lawyers make half as much as doctors. Is it because lawyers donate so much to the party?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

""[We] will require state or federal review of all potentially unreasonable rate increases filed by health insurers. ... We will also keep track of insurers with a record of unjustified rate increases: those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014. Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections."

In other words, insurance companies will be punished for unjustified rate increases, not for "saying stuff."

See what did I tell yaz??
Much tadoo about nothing!!

That`s the Rudder way!!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
I want doctors who want to treat and help people, not doctors who are in it for the money.

Fine. You go to medical school after spending years getting a pre-med degree.. rack up $156,456 in debt (average debt of the class of 2009) by the time you are done and then see a medicare patient. Seeing this patient likely costs you money by the way. Then report back about how you are not in it for the money and it is okay this way. That you are happy just treating people.

I know.. not going to happen. And tell me because a doctor would like to be compensated fairly for spending a large portion of their life in training and having a job with life or death responsibilities... is somehow assumed to be in the profession just for the money.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

o rly?

So basically when the insurance companies parrot the same thing the Department of health and Human services said... this is somehow an unjustified rate increase?

I will say it again S L O W for you. The... DHHS... has... stated... that... obamacare.... mandates... will... cause... some ... premiums... to... increase... by... 7%.

Some... policies... already... offer ... what... obamacare ... mandates .... these... policies ... will... not... increase... as... much.

Some... policies... will... go ... up... a... lot... more... because ... of ... these... new... mandates.

Please... explain... to ... me... how... this... is... unjustified?... Especially... when ... the... insurance... companies... are... very... close... to ... that... 7% figure.

Last edited:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Only a Democrat could believe the lie that lawyers make half as much as doctors. Is it because lawyers donate so much to the party?

LOl wut? It's based on published statistics. Average for lawyers is about $125,000 per year; doctors about $250,000. What does the issue have to do with democrats?

- wolf

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pelosi and O'Bammah said his health care plan would be saving us so much money!

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire!