Question Right now for Port forwarding for it to work I have to forward the ports on my BGW 210 and my Asus AX-86U is this normal ?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
picture 1.jpeg

picture 2.jpeg

Yes I did setup passthrough on my bgw 210 with my asus ax-86u but not sure if I did it right sorry.

I do have internet though. Plus the speed I am suppose to get.

bba-tcg

Apr 8, 2010
computerguyonline.net
No, you should only have to do the port forwarding on the Asus router. IP passthrough isn't set up correctly. If it was, your router's WAN IP address would get the IP address that the AT&T gateway has and all traffic (other than the traffic AT&T decides not to forward through the gateway's firewall). I don't have an AT&T gateway to play with, but if you'll post a screenshot of the IP passthrough tab, perhaps we can sort it out.

It's also possible that you do indeed have the IP passthrough set up and are just, unnecessarily, forwarding the ports on the gateway.

Reactions: pcslookout

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
No, you should only have to do the port forwarding on the Asus router. IP passthrough isn't set up correctly. If it was, your router's WAN IP address would get the IP address that the AT&T gateway has and all traffic (other than the traffic AT&T decides not to forward through the gateway's firewall). I don't have an AT&T gateway to play with, but if you'll post a screenshot of the IP passthrough tab, perhaps we can sort it out.

It's also possible that you do indeed have the IP passthrough set up and are just, unnecessarily, forwarding the ports on the gateway.

Here.

passthrough.jpg

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
It works better to put the AT&T gateway in passthrough mode.

You are absolutely Right.

That said, in the last few years it is still right but not any more
"absolutely" . Currenttly, depending on the provider and the options that the user is paying for, there situatation that by disabling the provider's Router function some options might not work.

Since most of people seeking help these days do not provide real useful info about their Network relate systems it is almost imposible to provide good focused Help.

:cool: