Rick Santorum and the "Eye of Mordor"

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Obviously, this guy lives in a fantasy world.

Rick Santorum and the "Eye of Mordor"

In an interview with the editorial board of the Bucks County Courier Times, embattled Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum has equated the war in Iraq with J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings." According to the paper, Santorum said that the United States has avoided terrorist attacks at home over the past five years because the "Eye of Mordor" has been focused on Iraq instead.

"As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else," Santorum said. "It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S. You know what? I want to keep it on Iraq. I don't want the Eye to come back here to the United States."

We're sure that we wouldn't either, if only we had the slightest idea of what Santorum was saying. The Courier Times translates for those of us who are not so conversant in spooky Tolkienese: The "Eye of Mordor," it seems, was "the tool the evil Lord Sauron used in search of the magical ring that would consolidate his power over Middle-earth."

To be fair, Santorum's interview with the editorial board wasn't all about fantasy. Well, at least not the Dungeons and Dragons kind. Santorum said that he disagreed with the notion that the United States is "bogged down" in Iraq. As for talk of a troop withdrawal? Santorum said: "I don't think you ask that question. I know that's the question everybody wants to ask. But I don't think anyone would ask that question in 1944, 'Gee, how long are we going to be in Europe?' We're going to be in Europe until we win."

Linkage

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
He's such a stupid ass, I can't wait to vote him out. :)

You could fill 10 pgs with the idiotic, misogynistic, family-hating, nutjobs rantings of this guy.
Casey seems a bit of a dope, but at least he's not "fecal froth" Santorum.

GeNome

Jan 12, 2006
So he's basically saying that we haven't been attacked (again) because Iraq is so screwed up as to keep the "Eye of Mordor" off U.S.?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Is this the best you can do when attacking Rick? Making some joke about an anology he used?

I am sure this will help Rick get the vote of the sci-fi fantasy nerds at least.

BTW: Does this mean we can start a thread for every stupid thing said by anyone running for congress? Seems like we would flood the forums at that rate.

GeNome

Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Is this the best you can do when attacking Rick? Making some joke about an anology he used?

I am sure this will help Rick get the vote of the sci-fi fantasy nerds at least.

BTW: Does this mean we can start a thread for every stupid thing said by anyone running for congress? Seems like we would flood the forums at that rate.

Hopefully they'll be too busy playing D&D. :p

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
[ ... ]
The irony is overwhelming. ROFL.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Don't try and change the subject with your duh-versions. Obviously Santorum is a go-tard, er I mean, special ed candidate. Dee dee dee.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I somehow doubt the anology Rick Santorum used will get him very many votes from Sci-fi fantasy nurds.--he is more the Agrippa worm tongue type. The American people are waking up and Rick may soon be gone.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I hate Rick Santorum so much... but this thread is pretty lame. heh.

almost as lame as the "we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here" defense.

ask the english how well that worked for them.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Martin

Thanks for the link.

Not sure if House Homeland Security Chairman Peter King (R-NY) is a real flake, or he thinks everyone else's I.Q. is about room temperature.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
Martin

Thanks for the link.

Not sure if House Homeland Security Chairman Peter King (R-NY) is a real flake, or he thinks everyone else's I.Q. is about room temperature.

Just the devout Republican lemm..I mean sheepl...I mean followers ;)

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Somehow we went from invading Iraq becasue they had wmd to invading because it is a war of "good versus evil".

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Wizards, warlocks, hobbits, and elves are products of the Devil. Harry Potter, lord of the Rings, world of warcraft and, D&D are tools of the devil used to entice people to his black Magic.