Richard Burr Insider Trading

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wasn’t this guy a huge “but Her emails” guy and lock her up guy?
Funny how it appears emails could get him locked up.

He was, although he was also a person who defied Trump and admitted that the Russians helped to get Trump elected. Interestingly enough the DOJ does not appear to be vigorously pursuing Kelly Loeffler who is accused of the exact same thing, with similarly compelling evidence. She just so happens to be a vigorous supporter of Trump.

This is what happens when federal law enforcement has been totally corrupted. We are a banana republic now.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Of course, he's also the guy in charge of the SSCI report that acknowledges that Russia did, in fact, try to help Trump win in 2016. Which definitely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he's getting his just desserts while we're still waiting for Loeffler to get the same.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Burr is stepping aside as Chair of the Senate Intel Cmte. but is not resigning from Congress just yet. Let’s see who gets to lead the Intel Cmte. now. My guess is Cotton or Cornyn—Cotton is the one I’m more worried about.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He was, although he was also a person who defied Trump and admitted that the Russians helped to get Trump elected. Interestingly enough the DOJ does not appear to be vigorously pursuing Kelly Loeffler who is accused of the exact same thing, with similarly compelling evidence. She just so happens to be a vigorous supporter of Trump.

This is what happens when federal law enforcement has been totally corrupted. We are a banana republic now.
Her husband is the president of the NYSE. So there's that. And I'm sure this is a take down move on Burr, due to his not genuflecting correctly to the Orange Emperor.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Her husband is the president of the NYSE. So there's that. And I'm sure this is a take down move on Burr, due to his not genuflecting correctly to the Orange Emperor.
The lesson of the last few weeks is pretty obvious - do what Trump says and the DOJ will let you do whatever you want. Cross him and federal law enforcement will come after you.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
The lesson of the last few weeks is pretty obvious - do what Trump says and the DOJ will let you do whatever you want. Cross him and federal law enforcement will come after you.
And even if you were a former loyal butt kisser and know the skeletons in his closet. There are even bigger butt kissers that will protect his orange ass from traitors.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
And even if you were a former loyal butt kisser and know the skeletons in his closet. There are even bigger butt kissers that will protect his orange ass from traitors.
I mean I don't think it's an accident that Paul Manafort has been released from prison due to COVID fears and Michael Cohen has not, despite Manafort's crimes being much more serious.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But wait, the prison warden says they haven’t had any contact from DOJ concerning Manafort. Sure we believe that like Reade’s allegations

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Cohen knows that painfully at this point.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He is not doing it right. The correct GOP way is to stand proud and "YEA I DID THAT SHIT. SO WHAT?" ... and carry on with your criming business. Voters will recognize your high T and alfa skills and reward you at the polls.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He is not doing it right. The correct GOP way is to stand proud and "YEA I DID THAT SHIT. SO WHAT?" ... and carry on with your criming business. Voters will recognize your high T and alfa skills and reward you at the polls.
There's no Liddy's in this crowd of losers.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
An interesting update on this. All investigations have been closed except for the one on burr.

Interestingly loeffler’s investigation was dropped as well. Why is that interesting? Besides being one of trumps sycophants, unlike burr, her husband who is the chairman of the US stock exchange, donated 1 million dollars to a pro trump pac. Nothing odd about that at all..

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
An interesting update on this. All investigations have been closed except for the one on burr.

Interestingly loeffler’s investigation was dropped as well. Why is that interesting? Besides being one of trumps sycophants, unlike burr, her husband who is the chairman of the US stock exchange, donated 1 million dollars to a pro trump pac. Nothing odd about that at all..

Yea, saw those stories. Nothing the DOJ does at this point matters until Trump's out of office, which will be in November no doubt. I'm pretty sure there's only about 35% of the country that don't think Trump's certifiable. Plus, he's really making friends at the old folks homes.

Nov 8, 2012
Fuck him - and actually - fuck anyone that made substantial trades ahead of the public knowledge. He isn't the only one.

Why we still allow these fucktards to hold equity in the companies that they ACTIVELY can declare decisions on is beyond me.