Question RGB Fans not recognized in Gigabyte Fusion 2.0

icyulkn

Mar 25, 2019
Can someone please let me know if these will work (see below) with the GIgabyte Aorus Master? It says it is Fusion 2.0 compatible but it isn't seeing it. I've been reading the Gigabyte manual and I think I have it where it needs to go but i'm not sure, it fits where I inserted it. All I can find is about LED strips and nothing about other RGB components in the manual.

The product is "EZDIY-FAB RGB Dual Ring 120mm Case Fans,5V Motherboard Sync,Speed Adjustable,RGB Sync Fan with 10-Port Fan Hub X and Remote-3 Pack"

It's on Amazon in case I can't put a URL here. There is also a picture of the connection type to the motherboard in the product details. Any help is appreciated.

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
If your motherboard has a 3-pin addressable LED port then yes. What motherboard do you have exactly the Z390 maybe? FYI those fans cannot be speed controlled by the motherboard I'd consider exchanging them for something else.

icyulkn

Mar 25, 2019
I figured it out. In the directions it says to hold bottom button controller for 3 secs to sync to M/B. I did it and now it's working. I didn't see that part AT ALL. Thanks!

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
Good to hear. How do you like the fans? I have a different version of the EZDIY-FAB fans they have two LED outer rings, no remote. The airflow could be better but they do look amazing.

icyulkn

Mar 25, 2019
Good to hear. How do you like the fans? I have a different version of the EZDIY-FAB fans they have two LED outer rings, no remote. The airflow could be better but they do look amazing.

I like them! For around $25 you really can't beat it. I wanted them to flash with the rest of my setup and couldn't do it without Fusion.

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
I like them! For around $25 you really can't beat it. I wanted them to flash with the rest of my setup and couldn't do it without Fusion.
I hear ya so many ARGB fans have a proprietary connector and controller and won't motherboard sync. I had one of my EZDIY-FAB fans go bad but it was a lucky thing dismantled the fan the outer ring has a really awesome LED strip, soldered on a wire/connector now I have a nice strip at the bottom of my case. Perfect length.

icyulkn

Mar 25, 2019
I hear ya so many ARGB fans have a proprietary connector and controller and won't motherboard sync. I had one of my EZDIY-FAB fans go bad but it was a lucky thing dismantled the fan the outer ring has a really awesome LED strip, soldered on a wire/connector now I have a nice strip at the bottom of my case. Perfect length.

Said in the description these fans are good for 30000 hours, hope that's really true. Do you know the name of yours?

icyulkn

Mar 25, 2019
They are 35cfm yours are 48cfm for my purpose they are perfect but not ideal for a radiator or if you only have 2-3 case fans total.

I've been learning all sorts of tricks and now I am VERY satisfied with my purchase! Hope they last! I have some Corsair Vengeance Pro's on the way too. I hope they make a nice addition.

Last edited:

A2ns

Nov 17, 2020
I figured it out. In the directions it says to hold bottom button controller for 3 secs to sync to M/B. I did it and now it's working. I didn't see that part AT ALL. Thanks!
Can i know which button to hold, can you clarify, i have been looking for a solution a long time, my case fabs and rgb fans are different colours now.....rgb fusion is not deducting my fans