RG3 - 'is he a brother or a cornball brother, he's not one of us down with the cause'

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Second, I always knew I didn't like her by some of what she says around here, but now I see she's a racist too.

lol ok...how am I racist?

No, seriously...answer the damn question, because I have reiterated my opinions over and over about interracial dating and I have NEVER said I had a problem with race.

Wait, Are you actually into white guys? And if so what specifically is better about them?

When did I say when men were "better"? I was specifically asked if I would give a white guy a chance, I responded yes as I don't particularly care about the race of a potential partner.

when the group is a race, group loyalty is pretty much by definition, racism

No it is not. The definition of racism says nothing about royalty, racism is the belief that your group is better than someone else's based on race. Have you ever read one of Geosurface's (and this isn't an attack on Geo) posts about how blacks, whites, and asians all have inherent differences and that it makes one group better suited for something that the other group is not? That is racism.

All I said is that the idea that RG3 should be giving back to his community by giving his success back to the black community is tribalism since it really has nothing to do with thinking some group is better than the other, its about certain blacks feeling that the black community can be repaired by successful black men passing on the success to other black men including those around him and any sons he might have.

Call me racist if you want, I don't know what you guys are reading, but hell...Zinfamous understood what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
lol ok...how am I racist?

No, seriously...answer the damn question, because I have reiterated my opinions over and over about interracial dating and I have NEVER said I had a problem with race.
You sound like you are arguing that tribalism is an OK mindset for people to have. As others have pointed out, tribalism, when based along racial lines, is really just racism. It's about maintaining racial purity. Pro-tip: if you find yourself using the same rhetoric as the Nazis or the KKK, you're arguing from a racist position. That's what it comes across as anyways. Maybe you're just having a hard time making yourself understood properly, but when everyone responding to you assumes that you're saying one thing when you think you're saying something else, the communication problem is on your end. You might consider reframing your argument, since, at the moment, it appears most of us don't understand it the way you want us to.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
You sound like you are arguing that tribalism is an OK mindset for people to have. As others have pointed out, tribalism, when based along racial lines, is really just racism. It's about maintaining racial purity. Pro-tip: if you find yourself using the same rhetoric as the Nazis or the KKK, you're arguing from a racist position. That's what it comes across as anyways. Maybe you're just having a hard time making yourself understood properly, but when everyone responding to you assumes that you're saying one thing when you think you're saying something else, the communication problem is on your end. You might consider reframing your argument, since, at the moment, it appears most of us don't understand it the way you want us to.

I didn't say it was OK, I said that's how I describe that attitude (which has been stated numerous times). I also said, based on my experiences as a black woman, I can understand if somebody would feel that way about men like RG3 and other black and successful men. How the hell does that translate to "gottakeepblackmenwithblackwomenI'mraciststaywithinyourownraceblackpowerblackpower"?

I've re-framed my argument over and over again. Why is it that Zinfamous understood what I was getting at in my OP? I keep saying OVER AND OVER again that I describe this behavior as Tribalism. I NEVER said it was a good thing, nor is it something that I practice. Sue me, sure I see the potential for Tribalism to lead to Racism down the line if people are purely making it about race...but as we can see, in America we DO practice tribalism. Whites are with whites for the most part, blacks are with blacks, asians with asians. Interracial dating is not new and has always been Taboo..we are just now breaking out of that and it is embraced more by the populace. However, I defined the behavior I was describing as Tribalism because it had more to do with black people feeling the need to improve their community through positive stereotypes from the individuals they need it from the most, black men. The black family is in shambles, so once again I can UNDERSTAND if the black community feels some kind of way about successful black men breaking away from the community and dating/marrying/procreating with someone who isn't black.

So how am I racist for making that connection? Oh right...I am not. Keep throwing stones, guys.

This is getting ridiculous now.

The communication error isn't on my end, some people are really having issues reading what I'm saying and understanding...instead of pulling the damn race card (really?). Once again, Zinfamous looked at my post and instead of going off at the mouth at how racist I am, he tried to clarify for his understand what I might be trying to say and it hit it right on the money...so really, who is having the problems here?

Last edited:

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
I've never heard the term "cornball brother" before. I'm assuming it's the same as calling him a "House n**ger" or an "Uncle Tom"?

For me it invoked visions of the Bluth Brothers all gathered around the kitchen in the model home making tasty treats..

I would love to be a cornball brother... :(

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
and what is the definition of tribalism?

strong in-group loyalty

ie. Not the same as racism.

And actually, if you look up data, you will find that interracial couples (and mixed race offspring) are just now starting to rise while most couples are still mostly same-race. That is called Tribalism. Not racism.

Saying the interracial couples is a a fact.

Having issues with people marrying outside their race is racism. This as you stated is the feeling of many black people, which you are trying to claim is not racism.

Try read "To Kill a Mockingbird". It is about a "rape" case where a black man is wrongly imprisoned because the woman's father didn't want her with a black man.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
First, I never had any idea SheHateMe was a black woman.

Second, I always knew I didn't like her by some of what she says around here, but now I see she's a racist too.

Edit: Just wanted to say, great post Destrekor.

Agree with you about Destrekor. I also like to nominate Purebeast. Good job, young grasshoppers. If a person doesn't condem what Parker said, then he/she is as stupid and racist as he is.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol if it was a white guy saying i'm not racist i just think white's have a strong in-group loyalty with other whites and shouldn't merry/date/fuck blacks they would be banned.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Saying the interracial couples is a a fact.

Having issues with people marrying outside their race is racism. This as you stated is the feeling of many black people, which you are trying to claim is not racism.

Try read "To Kill a Mockingbird". It is about a "rape" case where a black man is wrongly imprisoned because the woman's father didn't want her with a black man.

I've read that book a few times in my life, Incorruptible.

Also, having an issue with someone marrying outside their race is racism depending on your reasons for having an issue with it.

For example, if you think its wrong because blacks and whites are incompatible for xyz reason, that is racist.

But if your reasoning is because your group feels like you need that person to help rebuild your community, I think that is tribalism as opposed to racism since it has nothing to do with racial supremacy.

and I've said this already.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
lol if it was a white guy saying i'm not racist i just think white's have a strong in-group loyalty with other whites and shouldn't merry/date/fuck blacks they would be banned.

lol and is that what I said?

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
just saw this posted on another forum, so i'm not taking credit for it heh.

Rob Parker calls Mark Sanchez a "cheeseburger homey"

Adding fuel to the firestorm ignited by his inflammatory remarks questioning Robert Griffin's blackness, ESPN talking head Rob Parker found a new target - Jets starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.
Sanchez was asked earlier in the week if he thought his poor performances might be a brown flag for other teams considering drafting a Latino QB.
"I don't know, man. I never set out to be the worst Latino quarterback. I just wanted to be the most overpaid QB in the league."
Parker was, to say the least, unsatisfied by Sanchez's response. "The guy answered in perfect English without making a single gang gesture or showing any hint of an accent. I never hear about him cutting the stadium grass. He's got a little too much gel in his hair, but I never see him wearing a bandana or carrying a flag. He's putting off having children until after he's married. I just don't think he's down with the cause, I mean, if he got really drunk during the Puerto Rican Day parade, could you see him groping innocent woman. He's not a real homey, he's a cheeseburger homey."
Steve Smith, for his part, noted he was uncomfortable with the concept of sexually assaulting anyone.

and yes, it is just a joke.

Sanchez raped a woman at USC, and he's been stealing from the Jets for years....he's down.

Maybe RG3 does not want to hang out with these "ladies"? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQhtzeFp_V0

I kinda like the one in blue.

But if your reasoning is because your group feels like you need that person to help rebuild your community, I think that is tribalism as opposed to racism since it has nothing to do with racial supremacy.

Like crabs in a bucket.

Last edited:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I'm just saying I don't believe you. You can prove us wrong anytime with a pic + dated ATOT sign.

Or, I don't have to prove anything to any to you. I don't need you to believe me because it does not matter. I will never meet any of you and If I ever did, it was not on purpose. As people have already concluded, being black or not black doesn't matter since people are convinced I've said something that I did not. So, in the grand scheme of things, proving my race is a waste of time and does not change anything.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Or, I don't have to prove anything to any to you. I don't need you to believe me because it does not matter. I will never meet any of you and If I ever did, it was not on purpose. As people have already concluded, being black or not black doesn't matter since people are convinced I've said something that I did not. So, in the grand scheme of things, proving my race is a waste of time and does not change anything.

That's cool. I live in the DC Metro NOVA radius of Hoodbridge if you ever want to meet up for a beer to prove it. I'm guessing you will wuss out tho.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
That's cool. I live in the DC Metro NOVA radius of Hoodbridge if you ever want to meet up for a beer to prove it. I'm guessing you will wuss out tho.

Why does her gender and race even matter? Its not as if you are going to agree to everything she said if she "proved" her race. She has been fairly consistent whenever any race related posts come up.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I see what you are doing, SP33Demon. You are trolling for fine young nubian princesses, aren't you? :wub:

Why does her gender and race even matter? Its not as if you are going to agree to everything she said if she "proved" her race. She has been fairly consistent whenever any race related posts come up.

and this.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012

I don't drink beer, but sure perhaps I will take you up on that offer in the future since you seem really hard pressed to see if I am black or not. And Woodbridge is not "hood". Technically, I live in Dale City. I'm very close to Wegmans, that should give you an idea of the part of town I live in. Certainly NOT the "Hood".

You're paying, btw.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I believe if RG3 was the person in this story, he would NOT behave like this (keeping in real and show da po po who is da big bozz, yo).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ed-windows-signing-ticket-234759341--nfl.html

.........signing the ticket, paying the fine and keeping his name out of the news was probably the best plan.
But no, McClain didn't go that route.

According to the Decatur (Tenn.) Daily, the officer thought McClain signed the ticket, but what he found on the ticket where the signature should be was the message, "(Expletive) y'all." When the officer asked McClain to sign his real name, the linebacker replied, "That is my name,” police spokesman Lt. John Crouch told the Decatur Daily.

This came after, according to the police information officer, McClain was asked for driver's license and proof of insurance and replied, “You know who I am.”

And that's how McClain turned a violation on tinted windows into a trip to Decatur City Jail. He was charged with giving a false name and the window tint violation, and released on $1,000 cash bail, the paper said. He could have avoided the arrest by signing the ticket, the Decatur Police told the paper.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I don't drink beer, but sure perhaps I will take you up on that offer in the future since you seem really hard pressed to see if I am black or not. And Woodbridge is not "hood". Technically, I live in Dale City. I'm very close to Wegmans, that should give you an idea of the part of town I live in. Certainly NOT the "Hood".

You're paying, btw.

I've actually never been to Dale City so no clue what you mean. I was referring to Hoodbridge b/c that's what everyone calls it, as a joke.

Fine, I'll pay. We should get some other NOVA people to go as well.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I was referring to Hoodbridge b/c that's what everyone calls it, as a joke.

There's a lot of Rift-Raft in Woodbridge. The city is well segregated based on income..so the whole "Hoodbridge" thing comes from that. Some parts look really shitty... but, its a big town..

Anyway, I graduate in December..so that's when I'll be back in VA.