Reward in Iraq

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just heard a little blurb on CBS about someone in the administration saying that the 15 million dollar reward for each of saddams sons may not be payed out because the reward said Up To 15 million per.
I sure hope that this is not true that someone would try and weasel out of the full payment, it would make it much harder to get information on Saddam himself. I remember that the gov tried to weasel out of the reward for Andrew Cunanen there was a real uproar over that, just think how the Iraqui people would look at us if we even weasled out of a buck of the reward.

Bleep

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Dude it's not like the US has any moral credibility in the court of world opinion . . . plus we could always "donate" $30m in Iraqi oil revenues to building schools.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
*If this is true*

First, from what I understand, we turned our backs on the Iraqis during the post-Gulf War revolt.

Now this.

If I were an Iraqi I'd be a little torn...they freed me from SH, yet they're a bunch of liars.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Bleep
I just heard a little blurb on CBS about someone in the administration saying that the 15 million dollar reward for each of saddams sons may not be payed out because the reward said Up To 15 million per.
I sure hope that this is not true that someone would try and weasel out of the full payment, it would make it much harder to get information on Saddam himself. I remember that the gov tried to weasel out of the reward for Andrew Cunanen there was a real uproar over that, just think how the Iraqui people would look at us if we even weasled out of a buck of the reward.

Bleep

Clever, more unnamed sources being reported by See BS

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

I named my scouce you dipwad, I did not claim it to be true, just asked a question. cant you understand what you read? Can you prove otherwise? Do you doubt all my post or just some of it? Is the Cunanan part true? I know you very well, you were the one that several years ago told me how stupid I was because I could not get RC5 running after recruting me. You are 2 faced and yes this is a personal attack. Are you going to whine about thqt also?

Bleep

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I named my scouce you dipwad, I did not claim it to be true, just asked a question. cant you understand what you read? Can you prove otherwise? Do you doubt all my post or just some of it? Is the Cunanan part true? I know you very well, you were the one that several years ago told me how stupid I was because I could not get RC5 running after recruting me. You are 2 faced and yes this is a personal attack. Are you going to whine about thqt also?

Bleep

Psst "See BS" = CBS ;)

CkG

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

Bleep

Bleep - See BS == CBS. Play on words.

I haven't heard this anywhere else. It would be a big mistake on our part.

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
Bleep,

See BS is CBS. Although I think you spout lots of BS, charrison was commenting on your source, not on you.

Michael

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
It certainly should be verified before too many peeps start slinging snot over nothin...

drewshin

Golden Member
Dec 14, 1999
these are unnamed sources in the interests of "national security". just like unnamed sources found a bag of uranium in saddam's underwear drawer. hee hee. bush's unnamed sources luckily always tell him what he wants to hear.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The rest of the 15 mil is probably going into the Bush reelection fund. This is just terrible. :D

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
They apparently found over $50 million in cash in the house that was raided. So they pay out $30 million and have change to pay for more.

cpumaster

Dec 10, 2000
Why weasel out of $30 mil, it's only a chump change compare to billion+ expense per week in Iraq...
or maybe just tell the informat: "oh, we meant to say 30 million Iraqis dinars (/w Saddam, Uday, and Qusay face on it) instead of US dollars... it's a misprint on our part, sorry"
that'd be ironic too :)

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

Bleep

well lets all get fired about a blurb on cbs. Who was this someone in the administration that said this? I was watching lt. gen sanchez on cspan last night and he mentioned that it would be likely the reward would be paid out i this case.