Revolution tipping points

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

With so many hot spots in the country ready to start riots and full scale revolt that will spread across like wild fire.

Like to list them here:

Patriot Act extension called the Indefinite Detention Law signed 12-30-2011

Long Island - High bridge tolls

Chicago - Highest Gas and Parking prices in country

Alabama - High water bills

Illinois - must sign consent form to buy drain cleaner

Countries go to Chinese Yaun instead of U.S. Dollar

This thread has received an infarction:

Active Infraction (Points: 1) Lying to create a troll thread
Expires 10:03 PM 12-27-2012
Left By DrPizza
10:03 PM 12-27-2011

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2000
Don't forget:

Chicago - require driver's license to purchase vinegar

My father lives on Long Island and there is no such thing as a $32 toll there. I would be stunned if there is such a thing as a $32 toll anywhere in the United States.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

With so many hot spots in the country ready to start riots and full scale revolt that will spread across like wild fire.

Maybe you ought to start it; someone has to be the first to die for the "cause" after all.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
When the have nots threaten the haves.

Bring it occupiers. Bring it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I can think of at least two instances, try the French revolution of 1789, when royal heads rolled into baskets, or try the Russian revolution of 1917.

Of course there are far more examples in world history, but when any society only favors the rich, we get a sick society that can't last. As only the very Rich will drive those who were moderately prosperous into the same poverty every one else suffers from as all national wealth ever more concentrates into the hands of Fewer and fewer.

Feb 10, 2000
Or, rather, which is in more urgent need of sedation.

Sedate 'em all - let God sort them out!

I would rather see Spidey sedated first, because he boasts about being armed to the teeth and claims to enjoy the idea of engaging in violence toward people who don't agree with him. Dave just suffers from delusions of persecution and endless amounts of self-pity. Both are probably liabilities to their families, but their families are not my problem.

Last edited:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
if I was living on long island, I think $32 would be cheap to cross when I wanted to.

In the end, we are a capitalist society. You have to stake a claim or work under one.

Sadly our own people are going to be the death of this country.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Sedate 'em all - let God sort them out!

I would rather see Spidey sedated first, because he boasts about being armed to the teeth and claims to enjoy the idea of engaging in violence toward people who don't agree with him. Dave just suffers from delusions of persecution and endless amounts of self-pity. Both are probably liabilities to their families, but their families are not my problem.

I talk of no revolution or being armed to the teeth.

But I will be prepared for the coming class war. History is repeating itself all cheered on by the Marxist in the white house.

Feb 10, 2000
I talk of no revolution or being armed to the teeth.

But I will be prepared for the coming class war. History is repeating itself all cheered on by the Marxist in the white house.

So having 100 rifle magazines isn't armed to the teeth?

You're a paranoic nut (and troll, and gambling addict). President Obama is no Marxist, and in many respects is more conservative than any number of Republican Presidents. You just listen to too much talk radio. I look forward to seeing this entire board rub your face in it when (as seems more than likely) he is re-elected.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
My father lives on Long Island and there is no such thing as a $32 toll there. I would be stunned if there is such a thing as a $32 toll anywhere in the United States.

The bridges are $13 each now and going to $16

Ask him and here is the MTA website

The Senator is a little behind, he said $12, it's currently $13 fixin to go to $16.
I can understand because I'm sure he doesn't have to pay the tolls.

http://www.mta.info/bandt/traffic/btmain.html#cars

http://nj1015.com/n-j-senator-wants-feds-to-have-final-say-over-toll-hikes/

N.J. Senator Wants Feds to Have Final say Over Toll Hikes

“When it costs $12 to drive your car across a bridge in America, something is wrong,” says U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) who is joining forces with U.S. Rep. Michael Grimm (R- NY) today in announcing the Commuter Protection Act to restore the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) ability to determine whether toll hikes are fair to drivers and to give the Department authority to prescribe more reasonable tolls.

“While the Port Authority and the two states are struggling to explain why these dramatic hikes were imposed, commuters are suffering,” explains Lautenberg. “There’s a clear need for federal oversight here to make sure toll revenue is being used appropriately and not going to fund excessive salaries or political patronage jobs. Given these out of control toll hikes and the cloud of misinformation surrounding them, these federal protections for commuters need to be restored.”

The Commuter Protection Act would restore USDOT’s ability to determine whether tolls on bridges and tunnels imposed by toll authorities are “just and reasonable.”

Up until 1987, USDOT had the authority to determine whether any tolls charged to drivers were “just and reasonable” upon a complaint. Under the legislation, if the tolls were deemed unfair, the Secretary could prescribe a more reasonable maximum toll that could be charged.

Last edited:

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007
IMO the quality of life is still too good and unemployment isn't high enough to really have the makings of a revolution. Things would have to get much worse than they are now for that to be a possibility.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
unfortunately most people's neighbors will be the end of them.

Personally I think most wouldn't be bragging about their arsenal online due to the heavy gun grabbing dogma.

Feb 10, 2000

No, the bridges and tunnels into Manhattan are $6.50 each for cars, and $13 for trucks. Are you saying that $6.50 or $13 = $32? What a world!

I'm not sure why you referred to this as a Long Island issue, since the tolls you're talking about are in and out of the city (which happens to be among the most expensive cities in the world). The Verrazano–Narrows Bridge, which is more expensive, is between Staten Island and Brooklyn, and thus not germane to the overwhelming majority of Long Island residents anyway.

Feb 10, 2000

The Senator is a little behind, he said $12, it's currently $13 fixin to go to $16.
I can understand because I'm sure he doesn't have to pay the tolls.

http://nj1015.com/n-j-senator-wants-feds-to-have-final-say-over-toll-hikes/

N.J. Senator Wants Feds to Have Final say Over Toll Hikes

“When it costs $12 to drive your car across a bridge in America, something is wrong,” says U.S. Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) who is joining forces with U.S. Rep. Michael Grimm (R- NY) today in announcing the Commuter Protection Act to restore the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (USDOT) ability to determine whether toll hikes are fair to drivers and to give the Department authority to prescribe more reasonable tolls.

“While the Port Authority and the two states are struggling to explain why these dramatic hikes were imposed, commuters are suffering,” explains Lautenberg. “There’s a clear need for federal oversight here to make sure toll revenue is being used appropriately and not going to fund excessive salaries or political patronage jobs. Given these out of control toll hikes and the cloud of misinformation surrounding them, these federal protections for commuters need to be restored.”

The Commuter Protection Act would restore USDOT’s ability to determine whether tolls on bridges and tunnels imposed by toll authorities are “just and reasonable.”

Up until 1987, USDOT had the authority to determine whether any tolls charged to drivers were “just and reasonable” upon a complaint. Under the legislation, if the tolls were deemed unfair, the Secretary could prescribe a more reasonable maximum toll that could be charged.

I don't think you know much about NYC. The only toll that's $13 is for the Verrazano-Narrows bridge, which only services Staten Island. Staten Island is, well, an island. It is the least populous borough of NY, and it's largely residential. The mainstream bridges and tunnels between Manhattan, NJ and Long Island are all $6.50. I would be interested to see usage numbers but I would guess that the majority of the Manhattan bridges and tunnels get more traffic than the Verrazano-Narrows bridge.

Last edited: