Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
My new (first) record player came yesterday and today I'm getting the speakers for it and a couple more records. WOOT. I hooked the player up yesterday and just used my Bluetooth headphones to listen cause I didn't have the speakers and it sounded great. I don't listen to a lot of music but it'll be cool to have the player, I've kinda wanted one for a long time.

And I get to sleep in this weekend, YES. God I've gone to bed so late every dang day this week, like 4 or 4.5 hours of sleep a night. Ugh, not good. I'm such an idiot, I just can't seem to get to bed at a decent time.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Charge off from 2012 wants to do something with her land. The land that I have a lien on. :D Too long of a story to get into but I'm getting a check for $325 to walk a lien release over to the court house, ~75 yards away.
Woot another $300 coming in for realeasing the lien from a 2015 charge off. It's less than the $430 judgement but his new date of last activity starts when I post it so 7 more years on his credit. Some might say I'm getting a little too much joy out of that but IT'S MY EFFING MONEY.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Well the sleeping in last weekend went beautifully but naturally the Edifier speakers I ordered to go with the turntable didn't pair with the player. They paired with my phone, and the record player pairs with my headphones, but the player doesn't pair with the speakers, despite everything I've tried. So I'm returning the speakers and I think I'll get a little bit cheaper set; those ones were nice but honestly a bit big for my use.

Both of my on-call nights this week were pretty crap (worked yesterday from 9 am - 12:30 am, except for the drive home) so I'm happy I won't have it again until the first week of November.

Huh. Guess this ain't such a "good thing" post, except for I'm done with on-call for a bit which is glorious.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Hasn't happened YET, but the weather people are predicting some thunderboomers today...we'll drive down to the beach and watch them roll in. (From the relative safety and comfort of the truck)

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I was looking for my leather punch and found a brand new garrison belt I got from the thrift shop years ago, and forgot about. It was fatty sized, so I cut it down, added holes with the punch I found, and have enough material left to fix my work backpack with paracord, using the leather to give the cord support. The belt is perfect for work. It's like jul here, and I didn't spend a penny.

Reactions: highland145

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I once made a belt out of a rope. For some reason it made me ecstatically happy. It might have been the LSD talking.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Hell's bells...(maybe this should go into the FWP thread) the predicted thunderstorm didn't materialize. We drove to several local beaches chasing the ominous, dark storm clouds...nothing except a few light sprinkles. :mad: