Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Smug satisfaction over the misery of others happened to me today. Karma will probably get me.

A former client wanted to pursue a project in a manner contrary to law (not criminal). The client's own staff experts recommended against it. I recommended against it (one reason the former client is a former client). The client went ahead anyway and now the client had a meeting with a judge down at Injunction Junction.

music.png
Titanic left Southampton
With all their sport and game
But when they struck that iceberg
I know their mind was changed

He was warned by a freight boat
Captain Smith would not take heed
But instead of givin’ a warnin’
He ran with greater speed

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
3 free items fom amazon today and 2 i might use.An eyebrow/face trimmer and a 6-in-1 usb c hub.The other item was a 2 pack rear side window shade for a car,it looks like a fishing net.weird.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
The effed up brand new macbook that we left at the apple store on Sunday just came in. Pretty damned good turn around time was great. Now to get it to the kid, 2 hrs away.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Lol he could have gone to fedex office to sign for it.

Not very flexible thinking on Apple peon's part.
If I had a clue, I would have suggested that.

After leaving the store, I got a bit miffed. The sales guy said that because it was under warranty and apple care that he waived the $100 service charge....Thanks a bunch, Apple.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
If I had a clue, I would have suggested that.

After leaving the store, I got a bit miffed. The sales guy said that because it was under warranty and apple care that he waived the $100 service charge....Thanks a bunch, Apple.

Yes be grateful they were willing to fix it under warranty. And no they don't want third party to be allowed to fix them.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Yesterday received CLSEVXY essential skin spa,360 wifi cloud camera,Lintelek fitness tracker(might use this).Ive added up the items ive been sent so far and it comes to £550 ish.Ive noticed no one item is over £30,so Oleds and 2080tis are out it seems:(.The weirdness continues.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Just finished the magic jug of milk. It had a sell by of Aug20, but it was still fine today when I finished it. Usually I can count on it getting sour within a couple days after the sell by, and sometimes before.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Going to see IT: Chapter 2 at the IMAX tonight, 10:15p.m. showing. I'm planning on calling out "sick" at work tomorrow, though I brought my laptop home so I can still do work.

Reactions: clamum

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Get in my car last night after work and boom, doesn't start. It was close but just didn't turn over. So I had to call my brother to come and jump me, which we did with no problem. However he suggested I get a new battery (about a month ago he had to jump me too, due to a interior light left on overnight). I figured it was a good idea so I went and got one installed from O'Reilly's.

I did not expect this, but man my car sure seems to run "smoother," especially at very low speeds, like slowly going through a parking lot. I did a search and it seems batteries can affect how your car runs so maybe it's not just placeabo. Anyway I'm happy now. Between that and my new tires, hopefully my car should be set until I get a new one in a year or two.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Get in my car last night after work and boom, doesn't start. It was close but just didn't turn over. So I had to call my brother to come and jump me, which we did with no problem. However he suggested I get a new battery (about a month ago he had to jump me too, due to a interior light left on overnight). I figured it was a good idea so I went and got one installed from O'Reilly's.

I did not expect this, but man my car sure seems to run "smoother," especially at very low speeds, like slowly going through a parking lot. I did a search and it seems batteries can affect how your car runs so maybe it's not just placeabo. Anyway I'm happy now. Between that and my new tires, hopefully my car should be set until I get a new one in a year or two.

I notice that whenever I get my oil changed, my car seems to run "better" though I know it's just a placebo effect. Still feels real, though.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Suppose if a battery is REALLY bad like a shorted cell it would be putting extra strain on the alternator since it's drawing more current, which in turn puts extra strain on the motor. Things like fuel injectors would also be getting lower voltage maybe?

I know hardly nothing about car mechanics so I'm probably off here but just a guess. :p

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I'm so happy they removed the dark theme here. I hate my retinas, and now I can torment them without having the temptation of a dark theme.

:blinks: