Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Went to the Fossil store to get a new watch band. Store was closing down permanently and had a 40% off everything sale so I got a watch band for 40% off.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
It's almost April, and there's snow on the ground. It's been a fantastic spring so far. Winter kind of sucked with little snow, but it's holding out longer than it historically has. It's really helped with my tree ordeal. I can get a lot of the heavy stuff done before it gets too hot, and I have to pack it up til fall.

Not sure if this is a permanent trend, but springs have been cooler than usual for the last few years. The whole year feels a bit more moderate. though warmer overall. Not sure how I feel about that. I like having cooler warm weather, but I miss having real winters, and hot weather at the end of October pisses me off.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Got sushi for breakfast again. They only had one kind out. It's one I was never terribly enthused about going by appearance. It's an oblong cake of rice with a large piece of raw fish laid on top. Turns out it's delicious! I especially liked the smoked/peppered tuna(?). I'll definitely get that again.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
First shift working days in 6.5 years ... no more graveyard! :)

8+ hours overtime and a modest pay bump as well.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I didn't have to cook today. Also- My photography monitor finished calibrating.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Scored a $70 Breath of the Wild Link Deluxe figure for $18 at Target!!

2Vndx0p.jpg

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Got sushi for breakfast again. They only had one kind out. It's one I was never terribly enthused about going by appearance. It's an oblong cake of rice with a large piece of raw fish laid on top. Turns out it's delicious! I especially liked the smoked/peppered tuna(?). I'll definitely get that again.

Nigiri!

images

Reactions: lxskllr

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
We have to give the cat antibiotics. Usually we crush them up, mix with water, and use a syringe to shoot them down his throat. This particular antibiotic tastes so bad, it leaves him foaming and drooling. So today's plan was to coat the pill in bacon grease, pop it in his mouth, and then hold the cat until he swallowed. Worked great. He's much happier. :)

Feb 25, 2011
We have to give the cat antibiotics. Usually we crush them up, mix with water, and use a syringe to shoot them down his throat. This particular antibiotic tastes so bad, it leaves him foaming and drooling. So today's plan was to coat the pill in bacon grease, pop it in his mouth, and then hold the cat until he swallowed. Worked great. He's much happier. :)
I am also of the opinion that it's easier to give a cat a pill than squirt the suspension into the back of their throat. Ours really hates that.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I am also of the opinion that it's easier to give a cat a pill than squirt the suspension into the back of their throat. Ours really hates that.
My girl especially hates the liquid vitamins. The pill is kind of easy, but she flips out when I squirt vitamins in her mouth. Every day she gets a little harder to catch. She's learned the routine, and makes herself scarce at medication time.

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
I talked to my dad again (third time in three days totaling ~5 hrs.) I'm seeing him tomorrow. He had shut everyone out and I hadn't talked to him in ~18 yrs. He's 82 now and wants me to move into my granny's old condo which has been vacant for a long time so I can be closer (all So. Calif.). He's 82 and super healthy but popped his Achilles a few years back playing tennis, and he wants me to help him understand his Great Call (simplified Android) smartphone. I'm probably going to move over there.

He's proud of me and talks about gay people (actors, old friends, his neighbor - he suspects) like we deserve extra kindness. Sorry, this sounds egotistical but is what my dad said, "... he's really smart and nice too Brad, I think he must be gay." My dad cracks me up now. :)

Reactions: dave_the_nerd
May 11, 2008
I received the printed circuit boards i designed and ordered, yesterday after only 3 weeks and i just ordered parts to assemble the boards hopefully tomorrow or Thursday.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I got carded buying lottery tickets today. That used to annoy me but now that I'm in my 30's I don't mind it. :p Clerk was super surprised when she saw how many years over 18 I am. :p

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
This was Monday, but I mentioned somewhere else I cut a downed tree at work. What I didn't mention was it was maple, and the saw made a glorious rooster tail of perfect little chips. I was starting to question my ability to really get a good edge on a chain with all my cutting in gnarly old oak, but that maple cut like a dream, and it was immensely satisfying going through it with almost no effort. The only issue I had was sparks came out of the kerf on one cut, and I had to resharpen. Dunno what I hit. I was above the dirt, so maybe there was a nail or piece of fence in it. Maybe even a rock :shrugs: The rest made up for it.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This was Monday, but I mentioned somewhere else I cut a downed tree at work. What I didn't mention was it was maple, and the saw made a glorious rooster tail of perfect little chips. I was starting to question my ability to really get a good edge on a chain with all my cutting in gnarly old oak, but that maple cut like a dream, and it was immensely satisfying going through it with almost no effort. The only issue I had was sparks came out of the kerf on one cut, and I had to resharpen. Dunno what I hit. I was above the dirt, so maybe there was a nail or piece of fence in it. Maybe even a rock :shrugs: The rest made up for it.
That was the death burst of the dryad. :(