Rev up those BF2 Installs, Project Reality 1.0 is finally being released Friday

Oct 25, 2006
So after 8 years of development PR 1.0 is being released this friday. However, its up for pre download.

http://www.realitymod.com/

I played the open beta alot, and no game comes close to the intensity of a good firefight in project reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4lyJ6jGOnxg&t=655

Example of a game in progress. You can games like this all the time even with complete strangers due to in built VOIP, full on commander controls, etc etc etc.

Very few games have regular 100 v 100 player games, 8 player squads with proper chains of command with a dozen different classes to play, and a commander position where you can coordinate logistics such as mortar squads, LAV support, blackhawk drops.

Some amazing fun is to be had, without needing a sun that blinds you at every turn, regenerating health vehicles, and blinding you when a bullet flies within a few meters of you.

Last edited:

Randum

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
This looks pretty neat, I should see if I can use my install discs for BF2

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
Not that graphics are the most important thing in the world... but damn, BF2 is looking old. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was one of the best looking games around.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
pretty sure its 50 v 50 not 100 v 100

anyway, I would love to play it, hope i can find my CD Key!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm totally interested in playing this. Always heard good things about Project Reality, but never actually got around to checking it out. Looks like now would be a good time.

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Why would someone sit 8 years modding a game which is now already outdated?

That being said, i LOVED BF2 and considered it better/more fun than BF3.

Turbonium

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Why would someone sit 8 years modding a game which is now already outdated?

That being said, i LOVED BF2 and considered it better/more fun than BF3.
I'm modding a 10+ year old game. Whatever. It's about the passion and getting your vision out. And modding takes time, so by the time you finish a mod, the game you're modding is usually outdated. You can't let that stop you.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Some people still mod DOOM and it's twenty years-old.

It looks interesting, but I'd rather play some Star Wars mod or something like that. I've had my fill of modern warfare games (not referring to the series, but the setting of such games, BF2-style, etc).

Clinkster

Aug 5, 2009
I'm modding a 10+ year old game. Whatever. It's about the passion and getting your vision out. And modding takes time, so by the time you finish a mod, the game you're modding is usually outdated. You can't let that stop you.

Out of curiosity, what game are you modding?