• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Reuters:Sept. 11 panel to subpoena NORAD

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Link

WASHINGTON, Nov. 7 ? The national commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks voted Friday to subpoena the records of the North American Aerospace Defense Command for information it promised but did not deliver.

It would be the second subpoena issued by the commission, which has complained of delays by some government agencies in providing information needed to complete the investigation by a May deadline.
The commission subpoenaed the Federal Aviation Administration in October, accusing it of slowing the probe by not providing timely and complete information.
The panel in May requested information on air traffic control tracking of hijacked aircraft and the agency?s communication with NORAD, the U.S.-Canadian military alliance that scrambled fighter jets during the attacks.
Some members of the commission are interested in the time sequence for notifying the jets that headed to Washington where one of the hijacked planes struck the Pentagon.
?The commission has encountered some serious delays in obtaining needed documents from the Department of Defense,? the panel said in a statement.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
I dont get it, why are they having to resort to subpoenas? :confused:
The national commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks voted Friday to subpoena the records of the North American Aerospace Defense Command for information it promised but did not deliver.

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Yes I know that they are not delivering information but the question is why are they not giving the information?

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
Yes I know that they are not delivering information but the question is why are they not giving the information?
I am curious as well. Perhaps it incriminates some powerful figures within the organization or the gov't? I don't know, to be honest, what other factors could play a part in such an important matter as this.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: privatebreyer
Great now everyone on the planet will know were our radars are.

Leave the military the fvck alone.
Because someone, somewhere may have screwed up, directly or indirectly allowed the Sept. 11th attacks, and should not be held accountable?

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Originally posted by: privatebreyer
Great now everyone on the planet will know were our radars are.

Leave the military the fvck alone.
Because someone, somewhere may have screwed up, directly or indirectly allowed the Sept. 11th attacks, and should not be held accountable?
Not at the cost of releasing information that could be used to take the lives of hundreds of more Americans.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I wasn't aware that the investiaging commission was under instructions to 'make public' any and all records to the public.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Gaard
I wasn't aware that the investiaging commission was under instructions to 'make public' any and all records to the public.
Same here.

ASK THE COMMUNITY