Reuters: Russian elite Invested nearly $100 Million in Trump Buildings

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
Uh, you have to think about this, sparky. Try a little harder.

The issue isn't whether or not he was aiding his buddy in hiding money from his wife. The issue is that he accepted payment roughly $30-60 million above expected value (after taking into account Trump's claimed upgrades on the property).

If this is a business guy making a business deal, yeah, whatever.

But all past and all future is really quite different now that you are talking about the sitting POTUS. Why the fuck do you not think situations like this are not relevant in the growing mire of concerns from the world's intelligence community that this clown is complete compromised by the Russians? You understand this, correct?

You can't divorce his past business deals from the current reality of what this man now is and what his relationships mean to this country. That is a simple truth.
So you got nothing, got it. No business person should ever be president. This is just fantastic!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
how much did the Russians and Saudi's invest into Hildabeast interest?

--Trump directly receives cash payments from Russians, Iranians, Azerbijani mafia. "It's not real!"

--Desperately links 5 degrees of separation and more of entities to try and link a foundation's myriad development investments with government corruption. "The conspiracy is plainly obvious!"

You guys fail the Occam's Razor test every time you sit down to shit post.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So you got nothing, got it. No business person should ever be president. This is just fantastic!

not what I said, Kemosabe.

but hey, I think the proof of your comment is right there. This guy can't make a single deal with anybody. So, let's say that republican wet dream of making a businessman as POTUS is effectively over. Right? I mean, the republicans never ever make the same mistakes over and over again, right?

Right?
:D

Zstream

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2005
not what I said, Kemosabe.

but hey, I think the proof of your comment is right there. This guy can't make a single deal with anybody. So, let's say that republican wet dream of making a businessman as POTUS is effectively over. Right? I mean, the republicans never ever make the same mistakes over and over again, right?

Right?
:D

It's ok, I love your enthusiasm. It's fantastic.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Overpriced real estate is a great way to launder money and peddle influence. Just saying ...

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
What is the political layout of Russia that when wealthy Russian people own property in America it is a problem. Is there an equivalent person/people in America that you could point me to that you would say it would pose a conflict of interest if that person owned property in a foreign state?

The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics.
Do we have Americans of similar stature that we would consider ambassador of American politics? Or is this unique to Russia and Putin.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
lmao, 2006-2008 it was all about Tony Rezko and kickbacks to Obama and other Chitown Dems, these things are always cyclical.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Close minded is all I can say. If you said you had no dealings with Russia, but the forum shows Russian users, you believe that you spoke with Russia? I can't believe any of you. Your just like the nutjob birthers.

What is the political layout of Russia that when wealthy Russian people own property in America it is a problem. Is there an equivalent person/people in America that you could point me to that you would say it would pose a conflict of interest if that person owned property in a foreign state?

Do we have Americans of similar stature that we would consider ambassador of American politics? Or is this unique to Russia and Putin.

Trump literally has personal financial conflict of interest on russia policy, literally says nothing but good things about putin/russia, literally claims no ties despite like half this people with russian ties and even resigning/recusing themselves over it. Let's not pretend conservatives ever gave a shit about corruption as long as there's money in it for their own.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Turns out that the traditional conservative wariness wrt Russia was all just partisan politics as well. Putin wins elections for the Reps so "Viva Putin!"

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Trump literally has personal financial conflict of interest on russia policy, literally says nothing but good things about putin/russia, literally claims no ties despite like half this people with russian ties and even resigning/recusing themselves over it. Let's not pretend conservatives ever gave a shit about corruption as long as there's money in it for their own.

Does the subject revelation that this thread is about have anything to do with any of that? You literally did not answer my question, literally.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Does the subject revelation that this thread is about have anything to do with any of that? You literally did not answer my question, literally.

If you could read well the first few words of sentence addresses it.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-
The issue isn't whether or not he was aiding his buddy in hiding money from his wife. The issue is that he accepted payment roughly $30-60 million above expected value (after taking into account Trump's claimed upgrades on the property).

If this is a business guy making a business deal, yeah, whatever.

Trump had the property listed at $125 million for at least 2 years before the Russian negotiated him down to $95 million.

Curious where you get your "expected value" number from.

Are you sure you don't want to re-think your claim? You might be able to work this into 'Trump gives Russian $20 million in bellow market sale as bribe for payment of hacking to take place in 10 years'.

#unhinged

Fern

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump had the property listed at $125 million for at least 2 years before the Russian negotiated him down to $95 million.

Curious where you get your "expected value" number from.

Are you sure you don't want to re-think your claim? You might be able to work this into 'Trump gives Russian $20 million in bellow market sale as bribe for payment of hacking to take place in 10 years'.

#unhinged

Fern

Trump's cost was something like $60 million into this place. Sure, you can argue whatever you want about whatever profit is "acceptable" for such transactions--this is obviously a deal between two individuals. But you also have a pattern here. Ignore, as you always do, the real optics and make your own story that fits your narrative.

#unhinged, huh? Hey, how is that Obama-wiretapping claim still working out for you? Still defending Trump like a good soldier? What is today's Trump deflection? :D

It's getting worse and worse and worse for your little boy by the day, isn't it? Wonder when that apology will come....

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Trump's cost was something like $60 million into this place. Sure, you can argue whatever you want about whatever profit is "acceptable" for such transactions--this is obviously a deal between two individuals. But you also have a pattern here. Ignore, as you always do, the real optics and make your own story that fits your narrative.

#unhinged, huh? Hey, how is that Obama-wiretapping claim still working out for you? Still defending Trump like a good soldier? What is today's Trump deflection? :D

It's getting worse and worse and worse for your little boy by the day, isn't it? Wonder when that apology will come....

Remember, you're arguing with a birther.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
If you could read well the first few words of sentence addresses it.

Your inability to make a cogent argument has no bearing on whether or not I can decipher meaning from the mess of words you type. Do a better job because you of all people should know your audience are uneducated idiots.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trump builds buildings and other countries want nice buildings. I dont have a problem with that. Besides, Trump is not running his businesses right now. So what is the point? Athletes competed in the Russian run Olympics. Does that mean all the athletes are Russian spies? Cant fix Stupid.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Trump builds buildings and other countries want nice buildings. I dont have a problem with that. Besides, Trump is not running his businesses right now. So what is the point? Athletes competed in the Russian run Olympics. Does that mean all the athletes are Russian spies? Cant fix Stupid.

:D Oh, you poor, misguided rube!

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Remember, you're arguing with a birther.

Back that allegation up azzhole. Lying is a bannable offense here.

Fern

"Lying," the intent of which can be hard to prove and which is not present here, is NOT a bannable offense. At most, clear cut proven and outrageous, it would get you an infraction point.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-.
Look at the dates in question. Trump got lucky and rode the R/E boom.

What pattern? The pattern of a R/E guy making profit in a R/E deal?

The pattern is unhinged anti-Trump libs. Detention camps for illegals, prosecution of gays, nuke war with (insert various countries lefty's claim) etc. The list is long.

BTW: Your article says +$66 million for Trump's costs. I'm also curious why you described the mansion as "decrepit". I doubt there's any decrepit R/E in Palm Beach.

Fern

Last edited:

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Your inability to make a cogent argument has no bearing on whether or not I can decipher meaning from the mess of words you type. Do a better job because you of all people should know your audience are uneducated idiots.

I don't doubt that conservatives have trouble understanding what this mean in the context of the thread: "Trump literally has personal financial conflict of interest on russia policy, "

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
This compilation has been linked before for this very claim: https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...-unelectable-one.2464478/page-4#post-38044345. I also write a similar but shorter post but I think there's no need to search for it.
Total fail.

I looked at the first one. Here is what I posted:

If you're looking for answers from someone who believes the published HI BC is a fake, you'll need to get someone to answer, as I said I don't believe that it's a fake.

Fern