Retail/Stock Opteron HSF

msi or epox

Member
Jul 15, 2005
170
0
0
what are the differences in the hsf's amd uses on lets say a Opteron 146 and 165?
- check this madshrimps review out on the 165 hsf

- i have been planning on going stock cooling but i bought an $145 OEM 146 just before prices went up and I am looking at which i can use and where I can get them. Anywhere you know? Ebay seems alright, but I'd rather get it from an online retailer.

thanks for the help
 

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
4,276
0
76
The 146 HS dose not have the heat pipes. It looks just like a standard A64 3200+ HS.
Best bet is probably just getting the XP-90/Panaflo fan from jab-tech or svc.
 

fireontheway

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
1,480
0
0
Originally posted by: msi or epox
what are the differences in the hsf's amd uses on lets say a Opteron 146 and 165?
- check this madshrimps review out on the 165 hsf

- i have been planning on going stock cooling but i bought an $145 OEM 146 just before prices went up and I am looking at which i can use and where I can get them. Anywhere you know? Ebay seems alright, but I'd rather get it from an online retailer.

thanks for the help


You will most likely get the best deal from Ebay.Lowest price i found for that hsf is $5.00 (buy now / not including shipping).
 

msi or epox

Member
Jul 15, 2005
170
0
0
after i posted this i found another post that discussed this. I'm going with the dual core opty heatsink which is the same as the high end x2 heatsink. 4 heat pipes.
 

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
4,276
0
76
Good deal, but UK only makes it N/A for me.

Edit: Ok, I found one for $15 shipped. 70+ available. Link
 

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
47,989
10
81
Originally posted by: Ike0069
Good deal, but UK only makes it N/A for me.

Edit: Ok, I found one for $15 shipped. 70+ available. Link
This has got to be the best value right now.
 

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
4,276
0
76
Originally posted by: fireontheway
Indeed it is. Thinking about getting one just to say i tried it. :confused:

Me too. I don't need a new HSF, but I might just get one becasue it's so damn cheap. He even knock shipping down to $5 for additional ones. $25 for two, then sell the other one maybe after this guys stock is gone?
 

Skyhanger

Senior member
Jul 16, 2005
341
0
0
I already bought 4 for $45. He sent me an email w/ tracking (I didn't know USPS has tracking!). It should arrive before the end of the week.
 

anandtechrocks

Senior member
Dec 7, 2004
760
0
76
May perform near the XP-90, but it uses a small, louder fan than the 92mm fan on the TR.

Notice on the test they just used the stock AMD fan for the XP-90. Those extra 12mm do make a large difference.
 

Ike0069

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
4,276
0
76
Originally posted by: anandtechrocks
May perform near the XP-90, but it uses a small, louder fan than the 92mm fan on the TR.

Notice on the test they just used the stock AMD fan for the XP-90. Those extra 12mm do make a large difference.

True, but this cooler is $15 shipped, whereas the XP-90 plus the recommended panaflo fan is ~$35+ shipping (much more at some places).
 

gorka

Senior member
Jul 12, 2001
205
0
0
I'm anxious to see what a more efficient Panaflo fan (even an M1A) would do with this HS....or better yet, one of those Silverstone 92mm fans than mount on 80mm space.

It would be possible to mount right?

Anyways...a very good, stock HS is great in this era of 400-500 gram sinks.
 

fireontheway

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2003
1,480
0
0
Originally posted by: gorka
I'm anxious to see what a more efficient Panaflo fan (even an M1A) would do with this HS....or better yet, one of those Silverstone 92mm fans than mount on 80mm space.

It would be possible to mount right?

Anyways...a very good, stock HS is great in this era of 400-500 gram sinks.

:light:92mm Blade on 80mm fram