!RESURRECTED! BIG LIST - Stuff for that new Dreamcast

Page 51 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MisterPresident

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
AHHH! It keeps getting harder and harder to find DC stuff. I am finding myself running to the local GameCrazy because all the bigger stores have no stock left. When do you guys think Dreamcast stuff will start vanishing from B&M's? This is getting scary! :Q

FSUpaintball

Banned
Jun 12, 2001
Anyone know where I can find the MadCatz DreamBlaster light gun? None of the listed sites have them any more, it's next to impossible to find them on Ebay, and my Babbage's has been out of them for over a month.

Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Eminem2k1

Dec 19, 2001

<< bump for a oldie! Loving the cheapest DIVx player on earth!!!! >>

how is the quality playing divx on it? better than vcd?

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001

<< AHHH! It keeps getting harder and harder to find DC stuff. I am finding myself running to the local GameCrazy because all the bigger stores have no stock left. When do you guys think Dreamcast stuff will start vanishing from B&M's? This is getting scary! :Q >>

You mean this GameCrazy store still sells Dreamcasts??? Or only accessories and software... :(

alyosha

Jan 9, 2001
Well - I burned a tonne of divx with different encoding options - every possible variation- divx playback is lousy- I know - it is a free feature and being developed entirely on the enthusiasm, however it is completely useless- the crystal crisp divx has to be reencoded into 4.12 or 5.0 codec with not higher than 700kbs bitrate and preferably 320x240 size and it still pays with tonnes of artifacts and not very smoothly. If you decimate framerate - you get out of sync audio and 50/50 chance that the palyback will just stick somewhere and refuse to go on... Not to mention that lower framerate make the movie jerky. Reencoding takes about 1 hour for a 1.5 hours of movie on a decent computer (higher than 1.4GHz Athlon) for each pass (two pass encoding seems to cut alot on blockiness, however every fast scene just breaks into all kind of artifacts). Anyway - no need to bother - a nice tv-out from a pc - will make a lot better divx player. The only application for that player is to convert your mpegs into AVI's - those seem to play decently, however why not use the mpeg player fro DC - beats me.

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
FLAMING HOT DEAL for those with a Fry's nearby...
All DC games only $1.99 each!
Posted to the list under MAJOR/CLEARANCE MARKDOWNS

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001

<< FLAMING HOT DEAL for those with a Fry's nearby...
All DC games only $1.99 each!
Posted to the list under MAJOR/CLEARANCE MARKDOWNS
>>

I think so far the consensus in the other thread is that it's limited to the Palo Alto, CA Fry's location. :(

JoeBaD

Banned
May 24, 2000
@ kbtoys.com

NFL 2K1 $4.99
NBA 2K1 $4.99
Virtua Tennis $4.99
Crazy Tazi 2 $6.99
.and more

use DENNYVGMS to cover shipping

regards

oddice

Feb 3, 2002
actually, you can't

baysoft never takes down links - so if you search for soul calibur from their search menu, you'll pull up soul calibur at various price points. the only copies that are in stock are the ones that let you add them to the cart. I talked to them about this last year (maybe around October) and they admitted that they had just been too lazy to delete the links: "Although, you never know, we may get some more in stock." BTW, the $9.99 copies were used/rented games with no case or instructions.

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Question - I want to network my DC and XP box, but i dont want to get a broadband adapter.. this site shows how to set up the DC to modem-dial XP, but will this work in running the linux distrobution, I want to somehow use my pc keyboard because i dont have the dc one.

I've heard of networking them with a serial cable but I haven't seen where to buy one or how to set it up. any links?

MisterPresident

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2002
I remember this site from awhile ago. Does anyone have experience with this setup? I have also heard about the serial cable, but wouldn't a serial connection be quite slow?

Crazy8

Dec 31, 1999
Found Seaman with mic at Circuit City for $9.99. There's another online game with mic for $14.99, but I didn't get it.

Tom61

Aug 16, 2000

<< this site shows how to set up the DC to modem-dial XP, but will this work in running the linux distrobution >>

They first got it running on Linux first, the instructions should be around the net somewhere.

You can get adapters to run PC keyboards and mice, but its usually cheaper to buy the official DC keyboard and mouse. You can buy the keyboard and mouse for around $10 each, the adapters still cost at least $10 (back when the keyboard was $30, this made since, but not now).

admiralares

Jun 14, 2001
www.heatware.com
If anyone lives near the Westwood, CA Best Buy right by UCLA, they are clearing out all of their Dreamcast games for $4.99 (including from what I saw the 2K2 sports games, Unreal Tournament among others).

Hope this helps someone looking to round out their Dreamcast collections!

JohnMellencamp

May 7, 2001
Circuit City has some good deals on Dreamcast games if they have any left . Worth checking out if you havn`t done so already ;)

ingenue007

Apr 4, 2000
Yay. Just bought a dreamcast. Now I need another controller and memory card. Where's the best place? KBtoys don't have those anymore. Soul Calibur!!!!!!!!!!

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
Geez.. This thing hasn't been resurrected for a while, but I thought that I might add something. In todays Best Buy ad, they have all in stock Dreamcast games listed at 50% off of the marked prices. This may be hit or miss depending on stock.

Anyway.. Just thought I'd post this. If anyone is out today and can stop by a Best Buy while they're out, see if you can find any deals and let us know?

Sal

rebthor

Jan 18, 2001
Just so you all know, this applies to bestbuy.com too. I just picked up NHL 2K1 for 19.99 - the lowest I've seen it. I also picked up the smash pack for 4.99 and Super Magnetic Neo for $2.50.

At these prices who can afford not to buy? :)

Tallgeese

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2001
At a BB in KY last week, I saw Railroad Tycoon II for ~$5 and some other titles for ~$2.50 (sorry don't remember the names)

Stock is DEFINITELY spotty now, but the prices are phenomenal when and if you can find stuff!