!RESURRECTED! BIG LIST - Stuff for that new Dreamcast

Page 48 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

oddice

Feb 3, 2002
space channel 5 part 2 is not coming out in the US for dreamcast - it's already been addressed in this thread - nhl2k2 was the last US game

as for importing sc5p2 - do the characters talk in japanese or english?

dionx

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

<< I saw the Dreamcast Keyboards for $9.99 at Mediaplay here in Gainesville, FL

and

I saw that rare pass-thru VGA adapter (connect your computer and dreamcast to the box) at Electronics Boutique in St. Pete, FL (Tyrone Square Mall)

and a question...

I WANT Space Channel 5 Part 2 but I still haven't heard anything about a US Dreamcast version. Should I keep waiting or get an import?
>>

you would need to get the import. however, if you have the patience, i think its coming out for PS2 if i remember reading correctly in EGM

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001

<< space channel 5 part 2 is not coming out in the US for dreamcast - it's already been addressed in this thread - nhl2k2 was the last US game

as for importing sc5p2 - do the characters talk in japanese or english?
>>

japanese, but I think they say up,down,left,right,&shoot in a strongly-accented english so.... playing to completion = good, following the plot = bad

spankyj

Apr 25, 2000
I picked up one of the MC2 wheels this weekend at EB. I had the return fiasco with the Gameshark memory card mentioned earlier, after emailing the corporate headquarters they ended up sending me $20 in EB cash. So I got the wheel and a copy of Bleemcast for GT2, can't wait to try it out. Even better when it wasn't my money being spent. Life is good!

$10 for a keyboard @ Mediaplay, huh? I might just have to think about that one. Don't really need it, but I am sure that I could probably find a use for it down the road. Nice G'ville find Tallest1. On another note, they have Unreal Tournament @ the Gainesville Target, rang up at ONLY 29.99. Who are they kidding????? There's a reason it is the only Dreamcast game left in the store.

wakeboarder

Oct 25, 2001
Man, it took a while but I just got done reading all 1180 posts. Is this the longest thread ever or what. Just got my Bleem disk so I can play PS1 games on my dreamcast. Looks better than when I play them on my PS2 because of the anti-alias filter in the dreamcast. You think playstation would have done that on their unit but I guess it got overlooked because of the push to get it out so quick.

bubba

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

There is a smoothing on the PS2, you just have to turn it on each time (under the "playstation" options). It really makes a difference when playing PS1 games.

oddice

Feb 3, 2002

<< There is a smoothing on the PS2, you just have to turn it on each time (under the "playstation" options). It really makes a difference when playing PS1 games. >>

I don't own a PS2 so I was unaware of this - any clue why they set it up so you have to turn on the smoothing each time? Does having that on affect how the actual PS2 games play? Just curious.

bubba

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999

Nope, it is only smoothing for the PS1 internal emulator, smoothing is automatic on PS2 games. They set it up this way because some games didn't work with the smoothing. Without the optional PS1 settings, the PS2 will play PS1 games exactly like a PS1.

Tom61

Aug 16, 2000
Free shipping on Baysoft games orders today, makes their DC stuff alot more of a deal. (note: last time they had a 'today' only sale it lasted a week)

Things of note:
Q3 Arena w/ mouse for $21

Lots of DC games (new) cheap!

Ack! $15 for VGA box... Didn't see this yesterday at all... Still $20 shipped for a clear one is cool too (the deal I posted yesterday.

They must've restocked recently! Mouse $9.99 (not sure if this is enough for free shipping by itself, you can add a $3.39 extentsion cable if not!)

You can view the rest yourself! They had to have restocked, I don't think I could've missed so much!

soltrain

Mar 25, 2001
The buy.com wireless controllers shipped?!! o.0
ARGH! I canceled my buy.com wireless controllers!
Woe is me!
Woe is me!

spankyj

Apr 25, 2000
I imagine just the idea of missing out on wireless controllers is what he's upset about. I'd be too if I cancelled my order.

I've been trying out the MC2 controller, holy crap is it tough! Playing Test Drive V-Rally has proven to be quite a challenge. Has anyone used the contoller with GT2 & Bleemcast? I was messing around with it last night, but had problems configuring the controller. Point me in the right direction fellas.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

<< The buy.com wireless controllers shipped?!! o.0
ARGH! I canceled my buy.com wireless controllers!
Woe is me!
Woe is me!
>>

Not only that, I got two sets and just sold one for $85 on EBay :D Just kidding!

Not sure why you would cancel...were you afraid they'd get mad at you to make them keep looking for a supplier?

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001

<< I imagine just the idea of missing out on wireless controllers is what he's upset about. I'd be too if I cancelled my order. >>

Heh.. That's a given, but why did he cancel it? It doesn't cost anything to keep the order open. Worst case scenario is that Buy.com sends him an email some day saying that they were unable to get the controllers. What did he have to lose by keeping the order open?

<< Q3 Arena w/ mouse for $21 >>

That's the only deal that I see. The cheapest I've seen the mouse new is $10 and the cheapest I've seen Q3 is $18.

Sal

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
bump this post...

target has been out of games for weeks now...all they have is mary kate and ashley...is that her name? i don't even know - on clearance for 7.44 for psI...

mf :(

oddice

Feb 3, 2002

<< Not only that, I got two sets and just sold one for $85 on EBay :D >>

what's the auction #? I haven't seen a set sell for more than $45.

IshmaelLeaver

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2001
I've been trying out the MC2 controller, holy crap is it tough! Playing Test Drive V-Rally has proven to be quite a challenge

Yeah, V-Rally just doesn't work right with the wheel. You just keep going side to side; tons of oversteer. The Crazy Taxi games work PERFECTLY with it, though.

I still want Space Channel 5 Part 2, dangit!

Fire17

Jan 28, 2000
My Buy.com wireless controllers came today I ordered on the 5th of March.
Boy they are really nice quality. I found a broadband adaptor in a pawnshop
new in the box for $20 this morning. My luck is great today I need to go buy
some lotto tickets.

soltrain

Mar 25, 2001
my dreamcast is still goin strong--even without my wireless controllers...

learning the joys of Soul Calibur