resubnetting scope in DHCP

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
Hi all,

I created a scope providing addresses for say 172.17.1.0/26 but now I want to expand that so it now gives 172.17.1.0/24. Is there a way for me to expand it without having to delete the scope and recreate it (I have 50 or so reservations on it)? This scope is live. The subnet mask is greyed out and I can't change it. If this is not possible is there a way for me to backup those reservations and re-import them in?

jlazzaro

Golden Member
May 6, 2004
there's no way, at least that I know of, to change the mask of a configured scope. you can export the reservations to a tab-delimited text file, but I see no way to import them back.

you may be able to use dhcpcmd.exe from the resource toolkit to edit the DHCP database located in system32\dhcp...KB 232213

oddyager

Diamond Member
May 21, 2005
Originally posted by: jlazzaro
there's no way, at least that I know of, to change the mask of a configured scope. you can export the reservations to a tab-delimited text file, but I see no way to import them back.

you may be able to use dhcpcmd.exe from the resource toolkit to edit the DHCP database located in system32\dhcp...just a thought.

:(

I'll give that tool a try.

Nothinman

Elite Member
Sep 14, 2001
Wow, that's a retarded restriction.

The netsh option shouldn't be too bad, depending on how the export is setup you'd just need to do a search/replace or two to format the file how netsh wants.