Resting heart rate high?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
yes, it's high, but it's nothing to go to the hospital over. just work out more. do you take any stimulant medications?

it's not that big a deal. if your heartrate was 115 or something, then, yeah, i'd get it checked out.

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Go see a doctor. In general, yeah that's high, but on the other hand, i'm 25, my resting is 50s, and my max is ~235. My theoretical max should be 195. Doc said the range is larger than normal but there's nothing to worry about. Everyone's different. So if your max heart rate is like 300, the 100 resting wouldn't necessarily be that bad, relatively speaking.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
I'm at like 90 and I'm definitely not fat.

I work out 3-4 times a week. I don't do any cardio though.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: SophalotJack
I just started checking it regularly after this recent streak of insomnia.

Is 100bpm high? Mind you, I haven't exercised in a while nor do I do laborous tasks.

What could cause this?

being hung like a field mouse probably.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
look... seriously, don't waste your money and time going to see a doctor. trust me on this... you're just out of shape and need to get more exercise and eat right. your heartrate is high, but it's not abnormally high (unless your resting heartrate has always been around 70 or something in the past).

the more sedentary you are, the higher your heartrate will be. the more active you are, the lower your heartrate will be. like i said, your heartrate is high, but it's not worth seeing a doctor about. if it goes higher, to about 110-120 within the next week or so, then you should see a doctor.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
Thanks for the further input, you all.

I have decided to start using my bik (cycle) more than my car to get around town.

Since I can't smoke on my bike (but can in the car).... I think it's a double bonus.

Heart rate is still high (resting). But I think it will go down after a couple weeks of this and eating "real food."

BobDaMenkey

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2005
I'm 19, 215lbs, 5 foot 7. My resting just now was 52-56bpm. I've got about 30% bodyfat yet, but that's down about 8% since I started working out a couple months ago. I've also gotten relativly used to quickly moving up 2 flights of stairs, and skateboarding around campus. Yey college.

So thinks could deffinatly be better for the OP. I'm glad you're gonna start taking some steps to improve your health :)

dotcom173

Jan 16, 2006
im fat as fvck and mines like 60, so maybe it depends on stuff.....maybe im just a calm ass mofo.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: SophalotJack
Thanks for the further input, you all.

I have decided to start using my bik (cycle) more than my car to get around town.

Since I can't smoke on my bike (but can in the car).... I think it's a double bonus.

Heart rate is still high (resting). But I think it will go down after a couple weeks of this and eating "real food."

You quit smoking your pulse will stay down. End of Story.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I smoke as well, but don't know my heart rate. What I know though is that I can't eat Hot Pockets and other similar processed foods without feeling like total crap. Certainly quit smoking if you can, but definitely quit eating that crap and start drinking water and fruit juices instead of alcohol. Your body can handle some abuse, but total abuse will just drive you into the grave.

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Forsythe
It's very high. You're obviously out of shape, so start working out.

Or you have a heart disease that makes it beat faster.

When i was very out of shape mine didn't go higher than 70.

QFT ~100BPM is incredibly bad man.

Stop eating crap and start working out or you could do irrevocable damage.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
If you are having insomnia, you should probably go to the doctor before it's a problem to begin with, but for starters, go in for a complete physical.

If you have good insurance, it shouldn't be more than a $0-$25 co-pay, and is worth it to have one every other year or so.

The kicker is that you have to ask for the doc's advice and follow it as close as possible.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I've seen ~80 when i was in really bad shape and no physical activity. I am still overweight, but it is 64 as we "speak".
Do get out. Move around, eat light and often. It will get your metabolism going in the right direction.