Resolved... Thank you everyone for their critism!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If I put a sticker that says Dell outside, would it be a Dell if the innards aren't the same? Of course not. On the bottom of the laptop.. it clearly states that it is a compal N38W3, which if you go to http://kropf.net/i5000 you can see that its model line is from a Dell...

This would not cut it for me. Same as the Dell? Put that it's the same as the Dell. The Geo Prism is a rebadged Toyota Corolla, but if I bought a Corolla from you at auction I would be pissed off if it was a Geo.

Aug 14, 2001
You should refund the guy. He's an idiot for just sending it back to you without telling you first, but you were wrong in misrepresenting the item.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
After re-reading the thread, I change my stance.

Kill yourself. Now. Quickly. So you don't trade. Ever. Ever. Again.

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
You lied about the auction. You would have never gotten $600 for the laptop if it was not advertised as a Dell. You will lose this dispute with Ebay/paypal. You description was very misleading (i.e. "visit dell support site for more info"). Refund his money and pray that he doesn't give you a negative feedback

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's a disaster alright, for him.

You had better refund him.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Look, Im going to get the machine back tomorrow, and verify if it works or not. Either way I will refund the money and post up another auction making sure that the machine works and stating that the machine is LIKE DELL 5000

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: kitkit201
Look, Im going to get the machine back tomorrow, and verify if it works or not. Either way I will refund the money and post up another auction making sure that the machine works.

As long as you do NOT advertise it as a Dell.

Nov 5, 2001
Look, Im going to get the machine back tomorrow, and verify if it works or not. Either way I will refund the money and post up another auction making sure that the machine works.

are you gonna call it a Dell again?

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003

And make sure to not sell it as a DELL! I will be waiting for it!

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
Promptly provide a refund, repair your faulty machine, and resell. Just cut your losses.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

good.

just make sure the next auction is truthfull or you will be here again.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Look, Im going to get the machine back tomorrow, and verify if it works or not. Either way I will refund the money and post up another auction making sure that the machine works and stating that the machine is LIKE DELL 5000

:beer:

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah.

It's really not a big deal. I don't see why you had to ask the question in the first place.. It's a no brainer, especially if you want ANY chance of a positive feedback.. even though you don't deserve it in this case, IMO.

I certainly wouldn't give it.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Look, it was an honest mistake and through my trades over the years, I never had a problem, on ebay or on AT.

I appcreiate the critism here and I will refund him the money when I get the product back, and I will repair if needed and relist the laptop as a LIKE DELL 5000 Laptop and will explain it in detail.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
Look, it was an honest mistake and through my trades over the years, I never had a problem, on ebay or on AT.

I appcreiate the critism here and I will refund him the money when I get the product back, and I will repair if needed and relist the laptop as a LIKE DELL 5000 Laptop and will explain it in detail.

Good. Glad to see you are commiting to the light side. :D

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy

And make sure to not sell it as a DELL! I will be waiting for it!

Are you done yet? Look, Im going to do what I said I am, I dont need u to flame my for sale threads, you are going to start a flame war yourself..

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy

Good. Glad to see you are commiting to the light side. :D

Thank you,

Pennstate

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
I think the number of responses in such a short time speaks volumes of who's right/wrong here. I know I'd be personally pissed off if this happened to me. The email you got was "very nice". I am not sure that I could be so polite in such a situtation. Cut your losses, learn the lesson. We all make mistakes. just move on. Trust me, you will sleep better.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
Yeah.

It's really not a big deal. I don't see why you had to ask the question in the first place.. It's a no brainer, especially if you want ANY chance of a positive feedback.. even though you don't deserve it in this case, IMO.

I certainly wouldn't give it.

I certainly dont deserve + feedback from this transaction, but I do expect - . It's not a big deal, I just wanted a second opinion and I got more than i asked for... ATOT ROCKS!

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Pennstate
I think the number of responses in such a short time speaks volumes of who's right/wrong here. I know I'd be personally pissed off if this happened to me. The email you got was "very nice". I am not sure that I could be so polite in such a situtation. Cut your losses, learn the lesson. We all make mistakes. just move on. Trust me, you will sleep better.

pennstate: well said, thank you and I will be cutting my losses, its not a big deal.. I appreciate the insightful comments here..,

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003

I hope that you did not send that email you qouted above because it comes off as short and quite rude... and if it is busted where the buyer says it is then you need to tell people that as well...

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Crazymofo

I hope that you did not send that email you qouted above because it comes off and short and quite rude... and if it is busted where the buyer says it is then you need to tell people that as well...

I never sent the email out, I was just made at myself and at other things in life, so that email came off the wrong way.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
with the 2.4ghz lappys are going for that much why would they want a used 800mhz one

oh wait, the common ebayer is like an average AOLer. insert new disc every 45 hours.