Resetting ink levels on EPSON Stylus CX4600?

Discussion in 'Peripherals' started by JTalbain, Jul 13, 2005.

1. JTalbain

JTalbain Senior member

Hi I have an EPSON Stylus CX4600. Currently I am only printing out black and white and thus do not need color ink. However, status monitor reports my color ink cartridges as being empty and refuses to let me print out in just black and white. Instead, it just gives me a message that my color ink cartridges need to be replaced. The thing that especially pisses me off is that I took the "empty" cartridges out and was able to shake them and hear some ink swooshing around.

So does anyone know how to reset the ink levels on the Stylus CX4600 so that they appear full? I have a feeling EPSON is scamming me a lil bit and that there's still some ink in there. Plus, I'm not gonna be printing in color ink anytime soon so I would like to be able to print in just black and white, but Status Monitor has decided I should do otherwise and "go to the EPSON online store and purchase genuine EPSON ink."

Thanks in advance.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Resetting levels EPSON Forum Date
    Keyboard not working after CMOS reset, please help! Peripherals May 24, 2017
    Reset Keyboard and Mouse with old KVM Peripherals Mar 9, 2015
    EPSON "Date and time set to default. Reset?" Peripherals Apr 2, 2014
    Entry level LED monitor Peripherals Aug 20, 2013
    Generic PWR/Reset FPAudio + USB 5.25" front panels? Peripherals Jul 15, 2013

3. Woofmeister

Woofmeister Golden Member

JTalbain,

Register your Epson printer at the Epson site if you've not already done so. I can't tell you why except to say that all will be revealed shortly.

4. firerock

firerock Senior member

All of my epson does that. I just have to install the extra color catridge even though I only use B&W printouts.

5. Rudee

Rudee Lifer

Same here. I'm forced to buy color ink for my Epson just to print in black. I'm even forced to replace the black ink even if there is still ink left in the cartridge. What a fvcking scam. Inkjet printers are such a ripoff. No wonder the printers themselves are cheap, they make the money off all the friggin ink you need to run them. Fvck Epson!!

6. SKORPI0

SKORPI0 Lifer

Universal Chip Resetter for Epson Cartridges