Resetting 8800 GTS

Darthvan

Jun 27, 2007
Hey guys,
I screwed up BIG TIME !!!!!
I just got a 2nd 8800 GTS 512 card and installed it on my Nforce 680i mobo. then when it booted I went into the bios and changed the SLI setting to max. when the computer rebooted I got a blank screen.............and the code on the mobo was (05) which ,according to the manual (reset the video controller) the only problem is I have no clue how to do it,since the computer has a blank screen and it won't go into the BIOS,for me to reset anything. I took one card out,and still got the same code,I put it back in and still got the same thing.Please help .

airhendrix13

Oct 15, 2006
There should be a small switch somewhere on your mobo that will clear your CMOS (thus the BIOS). If not, then carefully remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes, put it back in, and everything will be reset to defaults.

WARNING: Resetting your CMOS will restore all of your BIOS settings back to defaults, so any OCing, fan profiles, or other tweaks you've done in your BIOS will be gone!

Darthvan

Jun 27, 2007
Thank you,airhendrix13, for the reply.I've done that,and all is well now,thanks again :)

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Darthvan
Thank you,airhendrix13, for the reply.I've done that,and all is well now,thanks again :)

Heads up
Looking at the manual of your mobo, you want to place the 2nd video card in the 2nd black pci-e slot and not in the light blue one.

Also, make sure to connect the 2nd card to the 6-pin power connector.
:)