Requesting Help: Looking To Upgrade From GTX 460 SLI

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Its not just the raw power, its the 1gb vram from these older cards and that's just not enough to run games maxed even at 1080p.

True. Adding AA really eats up the vram too. Even then I notice on most games I play with 4XAA or more I usually see in upwards of 1.5-1.6 GB being used. So you would need to drop some of the settings a little to get decent frames.

that would be great. hopefully you can get a couple games benchmarked at least. I think the info would be valuable to some anyway. Not so much interested in synthetics though. But i would love to see some games with OC vs OC: 448core vs 7950

Will do, assuming I get a 560Ti 448 back from MSI, they may upgrade me if they don't have anymore? I will run some benches on games like Crysis 3, FC3, Metro LL and tomb raider.

Last edited:

Face2Face

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2001
Wasnt the 560 448 core was supposed to be a very limited card only sold as a limited quantity in just the US and Europe? Looking around it seems to have been a very popular card that sold for many months. That is strange.

Oh look here at this killer deal (sarcasm) http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Dual-Dual.../dp/B0069RZ0LW

Yes it was. It's the 5 series version of the 7870 XT. Just GTX 580 and 570 that didn't make the final cut. I hope to get the same card back - Unless they decided to upgrade me :)