reputable online dealers that ship to PO Boxes?

bigsexychris

Aug 16, 2005
Do any good (don't care if they're extremely well known) comp hardware dealers ship to PO Boxes? I won't be able to get through school this year without ordering some stuff.

Thanks

-Chris

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Most eschew shipping via USPS while UPS and Fedex will not deliver to a PO Box. So, it may be best to use a mail service depot like "Mail Boxes Etc.", etc. ;)

Have your bank's CC dept. add the mail service's address to your account as your "business address" or such (as opposed to billing address where statement is delivered). Depending on the mail service company it may not even be required to rent a box.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Most eschew shipping via USPS while UPS and Fedex will not deliver to a PO Box. So, it may be best to use a mail service depot like "Mail Boxes Etc.", etc. ;)

Have your bank's CC dept. add the mail service's address to your account as your "business address" or such (as opposed to billing address where statement is delivered). Depending on the mail service company it may not even be required to rent a box.

bigsexychris

Aug 16, 2005
i do have a dorm room address so it would be like:

Firstname Lastname
Fordham University
PO BOX 350-xxxx
Bronx, NY 10458

Thinking about it more, does that even count as a PO Box?

AtlantaBob

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2004
Most of those aren't REAL P.O. Boxes. They have someone at the school post office who signs for packages. You might have to call newegg or someone to explain this, but I had no problem with getting packages when I was at college.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Yeah, what AtlantaBob said. My college has several mail reception/distribution facilities too, where you have to go to pick up FedEx/UPS/USPS Priority Mail packages (letters still get delivered to the dorm mailrooms). But for incoming packages, we still use our dorm room address and the FedEx guy (or whichever the carrier is) knows to drop them off at the mail facility to be signed off by someone working there.

bigsexychris

Aug 16, 2005
[stupid] I just remembered I had fedex ship to my school last year. [/stupid]

In need of a tv tuner, i panicked thinking i might have to pay a 300% markup in new york. :)

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
The only real PO Box is at a US Postal Service Post Office. They officially put the kibosh on mail service companies using the designation a couple years ago. In any case, even while UPS and FedEx will deliver, the matter of billing and shipping addresses remain and again, most sellers systems will not accept a PO Box for shipping and if they do will restrict to USPS delivery method. As mentioned, "suite" (STE) may be acceptable as with mail service companies but you may want to confirm with the school so as to avoid confusion.