Republicans... what do you think about Arnold?

FredFredrickson

Nov 11, 2002
Let me start off by saying that I am a democrat, although I am near the middle on some issues. My question is, what do some of you repubs honestly think of the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger for CA governer? And I am not asking "What do you think Grey Davis has done wrong?"... If for some reason Arnold were running against some no name Democrat, and there was nobody before them, what would you have to say? And also, I do not wish to get a million responses back stating a glorified, die-hard, always Repub opinion... Just your REAL thoughts please! heh heh...
rolleye.gif

Oct 16, 1999
I'm not a Republican (I'm not really a Democrat either) but I like Arnold. He seems like a decent guy, but it's hard to give a political opinion on him since he doesn't have much of a track record (that I know of anyway) other than just being a Republican. If anyone has any specific opinions I'd like to hear them also.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
one good thing about him is that he is married to a real liberal democrat so if anything goes wrong for him he can always blame it on his trator wife.

Bleep

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
I think he's a joke but he'll fit right in.. Goooo California...

I am pretty much republican now..

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
After Gray Davis, I think he is just waht Ca needs.

Anybody think Minnesota suffered from Jesse Ventura?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Arnold is a tough call. I think he'd do a fair job but he knows who pays the bills;)
I think that car alarm guy should run/win - maybe he'd put an alarm system on the budget kinda like Gore's lock box :Q :p (just kidding - that guy sounds like a nutbag)

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
I want to see the Dell guy win.

Given that Davis has a 25% approval rating, that would likely be an improvement.

Yep, GD is in a lot more trouble than the Dell guy is for pot, and rightly so IMO

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Jadow
He's barely a republican. He's pro abortion for god's sakes.

From what I understand he is more of a moderate and probably quite electable in California.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
are you people crazy? Did you not see any of the terminator movies? Do you want the machines to get an even better head start......

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I'm more right leaning than left, but considering that I cannot make any statement about Arnold because I don't know what his stances are. I do know that their current governor has hurt California more than he did for california for good. So if I lived in California I'd probably vote just to remove him regardless of who was running.

KK

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Bleep
one good thing about him is that he is married to a real liberal democrat so if anything goes wrong for him he can always blame it on his trator wife.

Bleep

I remember something about him and how he cheated on her during Connan movies. I think it was leaked that he admitted to her that he banged that witch chick from the hut who turns into a demon after having sex with him.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
After Gray, hell even Al Sharpton would be an improvement.

He seems like a good enough guy, would like to hear his views

moderate republicans > moderate democrats > right wing loonies > left wing nuts

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Eh....don't really have an opinion on him. I agree with most of what I have heard him say.....don't follow him all that much since I don't live in Cali. I do have to say that after seeing Davis is a few interviews and reading some things about him that California would be better off with just about anyone other than him as Governor. He reminds me a lot of a guy we had as Gov here in Oklahoma, David Walters. He was a joke, corrupt as all hell, and narrowly avoided prison.

Does anyone else find it humorous that at one time he was being talked about as the next great Democrat Presidential contender and now he's about to lose his job due to incompetence/arrogance?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Eh....don't really have an opinion on him. I agree with most of what I have heard him say.....don't follow him all that much since I don't live in Cali. I do have to say that after seeing Davis is a few interviews and reading some things about him that California would be better off with just about anyone other than him as Governor. He reminds me a lot of a guy we had as Gov here in Oklahoma, David Walters. He was a joke, corrupt as all hell, and narrowly avoided prison.

Does anyone else find it humorous that at one time he was being talked about as the next great Democrat Presidential contender and now he's about to lose his job due to incompetence/arrogance?
He is? The only real incompetence displayed was by the Ca Republicans nominating a Moron like Bill Simon to run against Davis. If they had nominated Riordan he'd be governor today as many democrats would have voted for him. How ever the mind numbing stupidity of the ultra conservative faction of the Ca Republican Party convinced the equally vapid Ca Republican voters to nominate Simon and we ended up with Davis who despite his faults was the lessor of two evils.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

He is? The only real incompetence displayed was by the Ca Republicans nominating a Moron like Bill Simon to run against Davis. If they had nominated Riordan he'd be governor today as many democrats would have voted for him. How ever the mind numbing stupidity of the ultra conservative faction of the Ca Republican Party convinced the equally vapid Ca Republican voters to nominate Simon and we ended up with Davis who despite his faults was the lessor of two evils.

At times like that I am reminded of Brewster's Millions "None of the Above" campaign

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare

At times like that I am reminded of Brewster's Millions "None of the Above" campaign
The Ca Republicans of late really have been screwing the pooch when it comes to running competent individuals for Governor and the Senate. Closet Queens, Frat Boys with bad haircuts and corrupt businessmen.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
I would be weary of anyone who wants California. :p I really can't say I know a lot of where he stands, but I can't think of a reason why he would be a BAD choice per se. I am fairly middle-road.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000

That's the problem with both parties....in the nomination process they tend to pander to the extremes of their respective parties and we end up with loons running for office....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

That's the problem with both parties....in the nomination process they tend to pander to the extremes of their respective parties and we end up with loons running for office....
Ain't that the truth!

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Politics & Grey Davis

Looks like the Republicans who created the financial mess in California under Pete Wilson,
then continued to rape the state with Enron & Bush Administrations lack of concern are
trying to turn this into a personal gain for Republicans with a populatity contest.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Politics & Grey Davis

Looks like the Republicans who created the financial mess in California under Pete Wilson,
then continued to rape the state with Enron & Bush Administrations lack of concern are
trying to turn this into a personal gain for Republicans with a populatity contest.
It might work nationwide but it will fail in Ca as the voters realize what worthless scumbags leads either party there. They are well aware of Wilson's role in the energy crisis and just as aware that Davises indeciveness made the situation worse. However I really don't feel that they will put much blame on Bush as much wasn't expected from him in the first place plus it wasn't his mess to begin with. Hell if Californians can't fix it what makes you think they believe a Texan can, especially one of Dubya's caliber?