Republicans, please explain the Behghazi outrage to me

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Clinton was a witch hunt too.

Go read the articles of impeachment against Clinton. He committed perjury, which btw is a felony. Contrary to dem revisionism, that's what he was impeached for. He was not impeached for cigar stuffing an intern or getting head by said intern or shooting his load on said intern's dress.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Go read the articles of impeachment against Clinton. He committed perjury, which btw is a felony. Contrary to dem revisionism, that's what he was impeached for. He was not impeached for cigar stuffing an intern or getting head by said intern or shooting his load on said intern's dress.

The entire circus was over white water. He committed perjury in trying to conceal an extra martial affair, something entirely unrelated to the investigation.

The Republicans were looking for any mud they could sling, and they weren't going to stop wasting tax payer money until they found something.

ie, A WITCH HUNT.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The entire circus was over white water. He committed perjury in trying to conceal an extra martial affair, something entirely unrelated to the investigation.

The Republicans were looking for any mud they could sling, and they weren't going to stop wasting tax payer money until they found something.

ie, A WITCH HUNT.

A shame that manwhore gave them the noose to hang around his neck, isn't it?

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Then why are you labeling President Obama as a "Black Liar" before there are any facts?

I'm not. You said the republicans were picking on him because he's black.

The counterpoint to your argument is Clinton and Nixon. Racism not found.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Patraeus testified that the CIA briefing to the Obama administration about Benghazi called it a terrorist attack. Someone in the Obama administration either edited those facts out of what they gave Rice, or she knew it and lied.

No matter what happened in either case Obama is responsible for the lie, sorry, but the buck stops with the guy at the top.
Unless you can make a case that Bush snuck in and changed it.

That's just one of the lies proven so far.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm not. You said the republicans were picking on him because he's black.

The counterpoint to your argument is Clinton and Nixon. Racism not found.

Hmm interesting but flawed, in my opinion, this is a continuation of the Rightwing to out President Obama need I say more then the 2+ years of rampant obstructionism in Congress. I also believe if there was ANY truth to these accusations the Rightwing would have brought it front and center previous to the Election so basically it's a GOP temper tantrum. You seriously want to believe their isn't a racial element to this?? LMAO

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Yeah I've been wondering since this started what the end game here is?

I mean is it that the administration
May have tried to pawn it off on the video while knowing it was a terror attack?

Is that it?

Gun running , Suppling weapons to enemies of the United states of America . Possiable motive for murder. This thing is big

The movie had nothing to do what happened . I just waiting for day I see Obama use muslim terrorist in a sentance.

Last edited:

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
How appropriate that righties would support the jailed meth head. What is it with righties and meth?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Hmm interesting but flawed, in my opinion, this is a continuation of the Rightwing to out President Obama need I say more then the 2+ years of rampant obstructionism in Congress. I also believe if there was ANY truth to these accusations the Rightwing would have brought it front and center previous to the Election so basically it's a GOP temper tantrum.

They did try .Obummer made its so hearings were after election . Romney brought it up . in Second debate . Obummer lied and said . He said it was a terrorist attack from day one which has been proven to be a lie . Possiably changing the election with said lie . Your Obummer is gone . He is guilty and that all she wrote

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
They did try .Obummer made its so hearings were after election . Romney brought it up . in Second debate . Obummer lied and said . He said it was a terrorist attack from day one which has been proven to be a lie . Possiably changing the election with said lie . Your Obummer is gone . He is guilty and that all she wrote

Crack kills bro but in your case you don't have any brain cells to lose...

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Typical rightie, lying about sex bad, lying about weapons to start a war is just fine.
Can you see the difference?

If you want to go after Bush and WMD's, get in your time machine, go back to 2003 and start your own thread.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
And what happens if a liberal steps in it.

Or they are to pure to do so :confused:

Who excluded liberals? I have no idea what the actual facts are about the incident so any opinion I have would just be my own lunacy. Sorry, but I have no idea. I will allow history to arrive at a verdict.

All I see is that folk who are hostile to Obama are so sure that he sinned and those who favor him think otherwise. It has all the trappings of one religious faith vs another to me. But the folk on the right have taken the initiative, wouldn't you agree? I find that if people are looking for fault, they won't be disappointed. They will see it even if it doesn't exist. Just saying.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://news.yahoo.com/woman-sparked-petraeus-scandal-visited-white-house-3-184551916.html

The Woman in the Patreus Sex Scandal has visited the White House 3 times. What was she doing there?

WASHINGTON - An Obama administration official says a Florida socialite whose emails triggered the eventual downfall of CIA director David Petraeus visited the White House three times this year with her sister, twice eating in the Executive Mansion cafeteria.

The official says Jill Kelley, who initiated an investigation that ultimately unveiled Petraeus' extramarital affair, and her sister had two "courtesy" meals at the White House cafeteria as guests of a mid-level White House aide. Kelley and her family also received a White House tour.

The visits occurred during the past three months.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because those visitor records have not yet been made public.

The official said the White House aide who hosted her met the Kelley family at MacDill Air Force Base near their Tampa home.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Hmm interesting but flawed, in my opinion, this is a continuation of the Rightwing to out President Obama need I say more then the 2+ years of rampant obstructionism in Congress. I also believe if there was ANY truth to these accusations the Rightwing would have brought it front and center previous to the Election so basically it's a GOP temper tantrum. You seriously want to believe their isn't a racial element to this?? LMAO

Only in your mind. What is your evidence of racism? We criticize him? Please. That isn't racism, that's using race as a shield against meaningful discourse.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-Also, do you believe that fox news being the only news organization to relentlessly cover this confirms their claims of a liberal media bias, or is fox news simply driving a story it's readers would like to believe?

CNN covers it quite a bit. At least Anderson Cooper does.

Fern

IBMer

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2000
1: Did the Administration blame the video?

2: Is he or is he not in jail as a consequence?

Yes and yes.

He is in jail as a consequence of his fraud and violating his probation... what does that have to do with the video being blamed?

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
The Woman in the Patreus Sex Scandal has visited the White House 3 times. What was she doing there?

Uhh, probably the same damn thing lots of highly connected socialites that are banging high level officials are doing there, but I'm sure it must be yet another stone unturned in the vast conspiracy, right? I guess the question is worth pursuing merely because someone asked it?

Feb 19, 2001
Arite. I hate going around accusing people of lying, but let's look at it this way. For the first week or two, people in the Obama administration kept blaming the video. When asked if the attack was the result of the administration's policies, they gave a sharp NO as an answer. It was the video.

Okay fine. Who wants to admit it's an administration failure anyway? I get that, but on top of that people kept referencing the protest. You know what's funny? Maybe a month later it was determined there was NO protest. WTF? So your angry mob that attacked the facility was first identified as a protest? I think there's a big difference between your idiotic Occupy protestors and people who are going to storm a compound. How do you go from a protest to no protest at all?

Every news report, every government official kept saying there was a huge riot. Pictures showed the Cairo riots to be on a large scale. It was said that within this huge protest, a small angry mob decided to attack the compound. But the truth came out as NO protest at all existed?

BS. I know a lot of information was kept from us, but do you honestly think the CIA and other investigators could not figure out whether there was a protest or not? Yet the administration kept trying to blame a protest on the Youtube video. THAT is what gets me.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
-snip-
What concrete facts have come out so far that suggests that this is some kind of cover up, as opposed to simply negligence?

We have a murdered Ambassador and negligence is OK?

When is the last time our embassy or consulate was violated and an Ambassador killed? And so far we've done squat.

------

Anyway, to answer your question (why is it all the Libs wear their ignorance like it's armor? There's plenty of info out there, you needn't spoil your virgin eyes by watching Fox news. Watch CNN or google for print articles.)

- Within the first 24 hrs of the attack there were former intel and military officials on the TV explaining that this was a coordinated terrorist attack. Apparently, there is not a lot of 'secrecy' in Washington DC, but I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who actually pays attention to the news. These people knew, and explained to those of us watching, that there were heavy weapons like mortars, RPGs and vehicles with mounted machine guns.

- Later it became clear that the Libyan embassy and staff had been begging for more security. That includes those with the State Dept responsible for security who were stationed in Libya. We also learned that everyone else (e.g., British consulate etc) had pulled out of Benghazi because of the security concerns and previous attacks. Heck, our own consulate had been previously attacked. A fairly powerful bomb was detonated blowing up a large section of our security wall. It was reported that several militia groups associated with AQ operated in Benghazi.

- In spite of the above we're sitting there watching Clinton, Obama and Rice on TV numerous times (TV shows, UN speech and press conferences etc.) blaming the video and preaching down to us about not insulting "Islam". Pardon me, but but it pisses the fvck out of me to be lied to right to my face. Now I'm sure I've lied to by politicians quite a bit, but in most cases I don't know it until well after. Anybody who thinks people show up at a spontaneous demonstrations with mortars and RPGs is a g0d d@mn moron.

- Then we have the fact that no help was sent even though requested. The attack went on for 7 hrs and IMO it inexcusable that help wasn't sent. There were far too many ex-military and ex-CIA officials on TV describing our military assets in that region for any reasonable person to believe that at least those ex-SEALs couldn't have been helped. We have a large base located in Sigonella (Sicily, Italy) that is about 400 miles from Benghazi and help could have been sent from there. In any case, when an embassy or consulate is attacked you MUST send forces in, I don't give a g0d d@mn when they arrive. Even if too late to help people you go secure the facility and sensitive documents etc. The main objective of having Marines posted at embassies etc is to secure the classified and sensitives documents kept at such places. We still haven't done that to my knowledge. Heck, it was only about a week or so ago a US news crew was at the site and found sensitive documents lying on floor in plain sight (it was a draft of a cable from the Ambassador again requesting additional security).

IMO, you simply can NOT refuse to send forces when an embassy or consulate is attacked. By doing so, all we've done is let AQ and similar groups know that they can attack our facilities at will because if we can't get there in 15 minutes, with perfect fore knowledge, we ain't coming. This places our diplomatic staff in a very very bad situation. I'd be willing to bet that this Benghazi situation is going to cause us trouble in the future: Terrorists will be emboldened to attack us again somewhere because the clear lesson so far is that they can do so without repercussion etc.

And before anybody says we couldn't go in to Benghazi with forces because we didn't have info about the situation - that's a bunch of sh!t. We had people there on ground communicating with us and we had (practically) real time video from a drone. Moreover, we have advance forces whose whole job is to go into such situation WITHOUT advance info and place themselves in harms way. How the fvck do you think we get advance info? Call the enemy and ask nicely how many of them there are and what weapons they have?

I could go on but this is getting too long so I'll stop here and just say the amount of outright bullsh!t and lying is what angers many. If they'd have just dropped the BS and been upfront that this was a terrorist attack this wouldn't be news now. Mistakes are made and bad guys take advantage and bad things happen. It's life. I still don't understand the need for lying in the first place. But as often happens, once you start lying it seems you just gotta keep friggin digging the hole deeper.

Fern